So who is buying this little beauty?? (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
This will be my fourth Tilly and am currently building a dio that will feature it and the new bomb disposal figures . I then have a JU88 dio to work on , suddenly got the dio bug again. Anyway this looks a fantastic release from K&C as we've come to expect and I got my pre order in lickety split, so any of you guys doing the same?;

%5CPhotos%5CFOB%5CFOB069(L).jpg

Rob

I thought about it long and hard Rob and was nearly going to order it, but im going to pass on it as i have waaay to many other items on my wish list at the moment! It's a nice looking version of the Tilly tho and i like my Normandy and EA versions.

Tom

I am more interested in the JU88 dio. Are you using a wooden warbird or, a plastic 1/32nd kit with K&C figures???
Mitch

I am more interested in the JU88 dio. Are you using a wooden warbird or, a plastic 1/32nd kit with K&C figures???
Mitch

Mitch, I'm going with the Revell 1/32 and some K&C figures. I am at the moment gathering the sets and materials I'll need, should take a few weeks, meantime I'm midway through my UXB dio. I'm not sure if anyone will be interested but I've also taken some ' how I did it pics' , I find these most helpful when others do it so I thought I would.

Rob

I ordered mine through my local dealer together with FOB 072/073/074
expect to receive it mid Feb.
guy:)

I am getting many of the bomb disposal pieces but not the Tilly. Too many other things I want. It is quite striking though.

Rob...

I am currently building the He111 by the same manufacturer. Its an unbelievably detailed kit for the price and, works well with the figures that are out. Look forward to seeing it and, the how to building as its always interesting to see how people do their dio's. I have not seen two people do them the same really.

I am working on redoing a BOB KT into a 505th Konigstiger with full zimmerit the charging knights units to be set in a dio for a collector which, will be the next thing I show.

The great thing with the UXB sets are that you can buy them with or without the Tilly. The figures probably work better on their own as they can be used in any english or european city
Mitch

Mitch, I'm going with the Revell 1/32 and some K&C figures. I am at the moment gathering the sets and materials I'll need, should take a few weeks, meantime I'm midway through my UXB dio. I'm not sure if anyone will be interested but I've also taken some ' how I did it pics' , I find these most helpful when others do it so I thought I would.

Rob

I am getting many of the bomb disposal pieces but not the Tilly. Too many other things I want. It is quite striking though.

My sentiments exactly. I've got the Normandy and RAF versions so I'm Tillied out. I've considered swapping my Normandy version for the UXB one, those bright red fenders are striking. ^&cool The FOB/RAF series are so cool I'm really looking forward to where they are heading next! :cool:

Rob...

I am currently building the He111 by the same manufacturer. Its an unbelievably detailed kit for the price and, works well with the figures that are out. Look forward to seeing it and, the how to building as its always interesting to see how people do their dio's. I have not seen two people do them the same really.

I am working on redoing a BOB KT into a 505th Konigstiger with full zimmerit the charging knights units to be set in a dio for a collector which, will be the next thing I show.

The great thing with the UXB sets are that you can buy them with or without the Tilly. The figures probably work better on their own as they can be used in any english or european city
Mitch

Mitch, the HE111 is an awesome model isn't it, I looked at using this one but the sheer size of it made it difficult for the scenario I have in mind, I then went for the JU88. But if this one goes well I'm sure going to be tempted, it also seems to be available at a pretty good price for such a large aircraft.

Rob

I ordered mine through my local dealer together with FOB 072/073/074
expect to receive it mid Feb.
guy:)

I'm also expecting my order to arrive mid feb with my (not so) local dealer. Is your dealer from Marcinelle?

Rob - I am in and planning on buying all the BOMB SQUAD guys that are coming out !

Just not sure were they will all go ?

Rob - I am in and planning on buying all the BOMB SQUAD guys that are coming out !

Just not sure were they will all go ?

I hear you Ron, but who needs spare bedrooms anyway...let friends and reli's stay in Hotels!{eek3}{eek3}:wink2:^&grin

How cool is the Tilly with Red mudguards, and all the Bomb Disposal figures are just spot on, yep gotta have them all Ron^&cool

Rob

Rob

You need to get to work and come up with another diorama for BoB - that downed ME109 release - I am sure was a result of your fine work you did with your diorama back a while ago. So get busy !! {sm0}{sm4}{sm3}

Rob

You need to get to work and come up with another diorama for BoB - that downed ME109 release - I am sure was a result of your fine work you did with your diorama back a while ago. So get busy !! {sm0}{sm4}{sm3}

You are very kind Ron, Andy was also very kind when he told me the same thing in London in December, must say I was very pleased:) I'm working on my Bomb Disposal dio now but do have a B.O.B dio as my next project.:wink2:

Rob

Rob...

I believe its £60 retail. For the detail it just cannot be matched for anything on the market. The cockpit and bomb aimers position is just superb. Its just taking longer than I imagined. It is a huge aircraft and, I believe they are going to do more of these large aircraft sooner rather than later. I also have a Me110 nightfighter under the bed awaiting building.
Mitch

Mitch, the HE111 is an awesome model isn't it, I looked at using this one but the sheer size of it made it difficult for the scenario I have in mind, I then went for the JU88. But if this one goes well I'm sure going to be tempted, it also seems to be available at a pretty good price for such a large aircraft.

Rob

My mate who paints the tanks has the Ju88 & the He 111 with extra detail set on top , very nice kits

You are very kind Ron, Andy was also very kind when he told me the same thing in London in December, must say I was very pleased:) I'm working on my Bomb Disposal dio now but do have a B.O.B dio as my next project.:wink2:

Rob

How's this for a bob diorama ...

Attachments

• DSCN0697.JPG
    DSCN0697.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0760.JPG
    DSCN0760.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 137
Excellent scene PA, really like the snow you've got going on there^&cool When I said B.O.B I actually meant Battle of Britain but this B.O.B is cool too!^&cool:)

How's this for a bob diorama ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back