"SOLDIERS and their HORSES" Sunday (1 Viewer)

Here are some of the mounted figures .......

Attachments

• 138.JPG
    138.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 174
  • 120.JPG
    120.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_9874 (400x267).jpg
    IMG_9874 (400x267).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 169
More troopers.....

Attachments

• March-April 2011 photos 066.jpg
    March-April 2011 photos 066.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 24_06_2012 032.JPG
    24_06_2012 032.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 24_06_2012 030.JPG
    24_06_2012 030.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 24_06_2012 028.JPG
    24_06_2012 028.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 24_06_2012 047.JPG
    24_06_2012 047.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 170
How about a few repainted Hussars? The 11th Hussars (The Cherry Pickers) having a bit of a gallop. Mostly old repaired Hollowcast Britains - led by a Benbros Officer on a slightly more lively steed, who is doing his best to look like an early Britains himself.

PIC_4478.JPG

Or if you fancy something "horsey" from the Medieval period - how about some of these?

All are heavily modified castings, which began life as recasts of the old Hollowcast "Knights of Agincourt" range, created by Roy Selwyn Smith back in the 1950's. I have tried to adapt and paint them in a Glossy Toy Soldier style similar to that of Richard Courtenay, using parts from many manufacturers and adapted old parts from other broken old soldiers.

PIC_4150_zpslqsjyznk.JPGPIC_4151_zpsiis5ztzn (1).jpg

Last edited:
While I love all of your repaints JB the knights have to be some of the very best of any of the painters on the forum.

found 3 more in my archives, pictures of 1/35 metal soldiers I painted ages ago
guy:)
DSCI0032.JPG

DSCI0019.JPG

DSCI0016.JPG

forgot about these two :
The Ketteldrummer I painted for a toy soldier shop in Washington D.C. and the legionnaire for a French collector
guy:)
20.03.2010 022.jpg

_19.JPG

I love the diversity and would support broadening the scope to other manufacturers. Using the „New Post“ function, I also did not realize it was moved.

Today, we adjusted our clocks for wintertime and it is very dark outside:

post-35733-0-68217700-1471720407.jpeg

How about some Household Cavalry - around 1900's, going out on patrol with their latest toy - a mounted Maxim machine gun.

PIC_3197_zpsaa21df80.JPG

How about some Household Cavalry - around 1900's, going out on patrol with their latest toy - a mounted Maxim machine gun.

View attachment 221908

Lovely cavalry JB. Am I correct in thinking that there are some Yeomanry figures highlighted here. Love the horses as well which again I detect the late Alan Caton's influence in the sculpts.
All the best
Martin

Lovely cavalry JB. Am I correct in thinking that there are some Yeomanry figures highlighted here. Love the horses as well which again I detect the late Alan Caton's influence in the sculpts.
All the best
Martin

Correct on both counts M - Some of my favourite sculpts by my Late, great friend - perhaps as well known here as "Trooper". I don't think Yeomanary Miniatures are trading any more either. I did have a Life Guard mounted Band on order with Brian - but can't seem to raise him any longer. jb

All the best
Martin

If you liked those M - how about these? A most unusual set - again from Trooper's hands - via Yeomanry.

1st Canadian Mounted Rifles - Mounted Pipe and Drum Band! (Circa 1915)

Attachments

• Y2.JPG
    Y2.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 172
If you liked those M - how about these? A most unusual set - again from Trooper's hands - via Yeomanry.

1st Canadian Mounted Rifles - Mounted Pipe and Drum Band! (Circa 1915)

Hi JB,
I remember this set of figures well and followed and enjoyed your detailed progress report on this forum as you put them together and painted them. Alan is sadly missed by a number of people in the hobby, not least by some of the companies that he provided a master sculpts service for. I don't know for certain, but this might be one of the reasons why it has been all quiet on the Yeomanry front.
As a regular contributor to Toy Soldier Collector magazine I miss My regular chats via email with Alan and at the London Shows each year. He was a mind of information within the hobby and had his finger on the pulse when it came to knowing what was going on in the Toy Soldier world. He provided the starting point for me for many a feature article in the magazine not too mention a number of unique figure ideas and thoughts for my collection.
Kind Regards
Martin

Hi JB,
I remember this set of figures well and followed and enjoyed your detailed progress report on this forum as you put them together and painted them. Alan is sadly missed by a number of people in the hobby, not least by some of the companies that he provided a master sculpts service for. I don't know for certain, but this might be one of the reasons why it has been all quiet on the Yeomanry front.
As a regular contributor to Toy Soldier Collector magazine I miss My regular chats via email with Alan and at the London Shows each year. He was a mind of information within the hobby and had his finger on the pulse when it came to knowing what was going on in the Toy Soldier world. He provided the starting point for me for many a feature article in the magazine not too mention a number of unique figure ideas and thoughts for my collection.
Kind Regards
Martin

I'm sure that there are many such as you and I that miss Alan - he was a lovely guy. jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back