Somerset Ltd. (1 Viewer)

I emailed him yesterday but have not heard back from him.

Jazz,
Did you ever receive a email back from Ron?
I know I had a working cell number about two years ago, I can look to see if I still have it.
Chuck

Chuck,

Heard back from him a week later and replied to him but haven't heard anything since.

Brad

Hi, I still correspond with Ron, have a standing order, he usually replies ever 6 months as a piece is finalized! He is out in New Mexico now.

Patience and usually when you least expect it you hear from him.

Tom

I wish Ron would find the time to update/finish his new website. It went up years ago but he still hasn't transferred his Indian Lancer Regiments from the old site to the new one. I have no idea what he even offers any longer and there are figures I need to fill in my existing collection. Pictures of what he offers would be most appreciated. -- Al

Lawrence of Arabia sold for $1,000 today at an Old Toy Soldier Auction. I can’t conceive of someone paying that price when you can get Ron to make you one or buy it on eBay, where it shows up semi regularly. I paid $90 for mine.

Lawrence of Arabia sold for $1,000 today at an Old Toy Soldier Auction. I can’t conceive of someone paying that price when you can get Ron to make you one or buy it on eBay, where it shows up semi regularly. I paid $90 for mine.
Say what? That's insane, unless it was made of gold. That figure is still in production at $200 or less if, as you say, you find one on E-Bay. Can't conceive of someone paying that kind of money. If memory serves, I paid less than $100 for mine, many moons ago. Well, insanity does make the world go round. -- Al

Say what? That's insane, unless it was made of gold. That figure is still in production at $200 or less if, as you say, you find one on E-Bay. Can't conceive of someone paying that kind of money. If memory serves, I paid less than $100 for mine, many moons ago. Well, insanity does make the world go round. -- Al

Unfortunately true Al. I couldn’t believe it. Unbelievable.

I'm with you guys, an insane price for the Lawrence figure; if I recall the description, it had some problem, a break
or something, too: not in mint or excellent condition.
I don't have the Lawrence figure, I aspire to possess it sometime, but at a reasonable price.
-Squiggle

If anyone is interested, there is a Somerset Lawrence figure, albeit a damaged one, on the Treefrog Consignment page for $75. A little expert repair will pay off for this figure. -- Al

If anyone is interested, there is a Somerset Lawrence figure, albeit a damaged one, on the Treefrog Consignment page for $75. A little expert repair will pay off for this figure. -- Al

That’s a relatively easy fix for my friend Mike DeMarco, in case anyone is thinking about buying it.

This is the first time I have seen these. Well cor blimey guv'nor they aint arf nifty. I have this hankering for a camel ro two but i could not afford the animal feed.

Now if you are a matt soldier (the more realistically they manufacturers try to make them and the more detailed the painting the worse they look - a sweeping generalisation but it is how they come over for me) merchant and you ever thought of switching "sides" then if you are not convinced by these stunning sculpts and paint jobs then you are a person with a stone heart ^&grin! Goodness me i wish this guy produced 18th century soldiers. I d go broke owning them but wow!

To add to this thread, Ron is very much still in business but only as special orders. He is still around albeit now in the wilds of New Mexico! Just email him, may take him a bit to get back to you. He is more expensive as he truly does only special orders, but when I say more expensive, it is nowhere near what the Lawrence sold for this weekend. He just doesn't make them for $75-85 anymore but he charges nowhere near $1000 either!
Tom

I wish Ron would find the time to update/finish his new website. It went up years ago but he still hasn't transferred his Indian Lancer Regiments from the old site to the new one. I have no idea what he even offers any longer and there are figures I need to fill in my existing collection. Pictures of what he offers would be most appreciated. -- Al
30 months later and still no updated website. The site has been the same for years with no progress toward getting the Indian Lancer regiments transferred/updated. Oh well, I'm beginning to suspect that the updating will never occur. :rolleyes2: -- Al

30 months later and still no updated website. The site has been the same for years with no progress toward getting the Indian Lancer regiments transferred/updated. Oh well, I'm beginning to suspect that the updating will never occur. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Al, if you’re looking for something specific, I’d send him an email. That’s what I did last year and he made me a few figures.

You can also call him. If you want his phone number, please let me know.

Al, if you’re looking for something specific, I’d send him an email. That’s what I did last year and he made me a few figures.

You can also call him. If you want his phone number, please let me know.
Thanks, Brad. I appreciate the offer. I think all the contact info is on his website, if the info is current. Not looking for anything specific, more interested in knowing what is currently available and what they may look like in relation to my figures, which are mostly a couple of decades old. -- Al

For those of you who collect, Ron’s website has been a useful source for checking what he’s made and what’s available and so forth.

Ron has advised Andreas and me that he’s discontinued use of the website because of the cost. This is unfortunate but that is the reality.

If you would like to contact Ron directly with any questions, please send me a message and I will send you his email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back