Something wierd about this one (1 Viewer)

Warped in the desert heat? :D

Took me several looks to see what you meant.

Simon

Warped in the desert heat? :D

Took me several looks to see what you meant.

Simon

I'm wondering if the Aussie who bid on it noticed or should be given a heads up? I can't even figure out how it got like that without totally dismantling the array.
Ray :confused:

I'm wondering if the seller removed it from the polystyrene packing by the antena, front and rear, which bent out of shape as a result, and either didn't realise (doubtful) or didn't re-straighten it.

Simon

...I think the crew couldn't get good signal so they twisted it...a la old TV rabbit antenna if you may,:D

For comparison, first one being the auction one and the other one a good one, for lack of better words.

Attachments

• AK 29 Bad.jpg
    AK 29 Bad.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 165
  • AK029(SL).jpg
    AK029(SL).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 162
I just looked at the above listed item on Ebay and didnt notice the problem. I was thinking about placing a bid, which only reaffirms to check the forums first. Thanks forum for making the decision for me.

I'm wondering if the seller removed it from the polystyrene packing by the antena, front and rear, which bent out of shape as a result, and either didn't realise (doubtful) or didn't re-straighten it.

Simon

Seeing Brads pics side by side I agree with you , I think he tried to remove it that way and bent both ends. At first i thought it was totally upside down!
Ray

I was going to send him an email stating that the vehicle shouldn't be considered mint due to the bent antenna.

For comparison, first one being the auction one and the other one a good one, for lack of better words.

From eBay seller: irs1968-2001 in Waukesha, Wisconsin RE: K&C set AK29(SL).
I just became a member today to The Toy Soldier Forum Thanks to an eBay E-mail I got from "Charr1402" who noted bent Antenna on Rommel's Halftrack. No I did NOT know it was bent! No doubt it happened taking it out of box. However, problem was easily solved. I just bend it a bit back into proper position. No big deal & no harm done, but thanks for telling me via the above noted Forum member. Gary M.

Yikes that is really bent. I would love to see them get that back in the box:eek:

FRON EBAY SELLER "IRS1968-2001" OF K&C SET AK29(SL): YES, I NOW SEE THAT ANTENNA GOT BENT. IT WAS EASY TO BEND IT BACK INTO PROPER SHAPE WITH NO HARM DONE. GARY M. - WISCONSIN, USA

Yikes that is really bent. I would love to see them get that back in the box:eek:

FROM EBAY SELLER IRS1968-2001 ON K&C SET AK29(SL). YES, I NOW SEE ANTENNA GOT BEND. IT WAS EASY TO BEND ANTENNA BACK INTO PLACE. NO BIG DEAL BUT THANKS TO "CHARR1402" I NOTICED IT & GOT IT FIXED.
GARY M. - WISCONSIN, USA

FROM EBAY SELLER "IRS1968-2001" ON K&C SET AK29(SL): THANKS TO "CHAR1402" TELLING ME I NOTICED THE BENT ANTENNA. IS WAS EASY TO BEND BACK INTO SHAPE. GLAD TO SEND UPDATED PHOTO TO ANYONE.
GARY M. - WISCONSIN

Seeing Brads pics side by side I agree with you , I think he tried to remove it that way and bent both ends. At first i thought it was totally upside down!
Ray

FROM EBAY SELLER "IRS1968-2001" ON K&C SET AK29(SL). THANKS TO "CHARR1402" I NOTICED ANTENNA WAS BENT. IT WAS THEN EASY TO BEND IT BACK INTO SHAPE. WILLING TO SEND UP DATED PHOTO TO ANYONE. GARY M. - WISCONSIN, USA

I was going to send him an email stating that the vehicle shouldn't be considered mint due to the bent antenna.

FROM EBAY SELLER "IRS1968-2001". MY AK29(SL) IS IN MINT CONDITION! AFTER "CHARR1402 TOLD ME ABOUT THE ANTENNA IT WAS EASY TO BEND IT BACK INTO PROPER SHAPE. HAPPY TO E-MAIL PHOTO TO ANYONE. GARY M.

FROM EBAY SELLER IRS1968-2001 ON K&C SET AK29(SL). YES, I NOW SEE ANTENNA GOT BEND. IT WAS EASY TO BEND ANTENNA BACK INTO PLACE. NO BIG DEAL BUT THANKS TO "CHARR1402" I NOTICED IT & GOT IT FIXED.
GARY M. - WISCONSIN, USA

Gary
I'm happy you checked out our forum and joined up. I sure enjoyed our short phone conversation today talking about Toy Soldiers. Grandkids & wife don't have the level of interest that I do. I must say my dogs are good listeners and my Poodle named Pepper talks back quite often.
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. Theres a great group of people here that I've come to know and proud to be able call them friend. They are from all over the world and this hobby has brought us together.

Now OZdigger let Gary pet your Kangaroo.:p

Welcome Aboard:)

To rest of you forum member charri1402 is my ebay user name.:eek:

Gary
I'm happy you checked out our forum and joined up. I sure enjoyed our short phone conversation today talking about Toy Soldiers. Grandkids & wife don't have the level of interest that I do. I must say my dogs are good listeners and my Poodle named Pepper talks back quite often.
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. Theres a great group of people here that I've come to know and proud to be able call them friend. They are from all over the world and this hobby has brought us together.

Now OZdigger let Gary pet your Kangaroo.:p

Welcome Aboard:)

To rest of you forum member charri1402 is my ebay user name.:eek:

Ok Chuck, but I think he's a bit busy atm

kangaroo5lm.jpg

Iron Brigade

WELCOME ABOARD !!

Tell us what you collect. I hope NAPOLEONICS - us French Napoleon supports need reinforcements - soon !! :eek: :eek:

haha - Glad to have you,

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back