Sorry England (1 Viewer)

wayne556517

Lieutenant General
But your weather sucks!!!
I thought it was summer rain rain and more rain, ruined one test match hopefully not another.

I thought it was summer rain rain and more rain, ruined one test match hopefully not another.

Yeah mate plus the poms targeted our best batsman with body-line stuff....

Tom

BUT WE ONLY NEED HALF A DAYS PLAY TO BOWL YOU OUT ..... I may regret saying that tomorrow :)

Don't count your chickens yet lads. The Aussies need to get a few more runs and put the the test beyond reach. Any score beyond 300 makes it harder for England and with Lyon likely to come in to his own. Consolidate and then go for the jugular is the way and i'm sure that will be the message. The Poms will be going all out to win and they still have the batsmen to pull off a rare last innings win. All leads to an interesting conclusion. Sapper.

Don't count your chickens yet lads. The Aussies need to get a few more runs and put the the test beyond reach. Any score beyond 300 makes it harder for England and with Lyon likely to come in to his own. Consolidate and then go for the jugular is the way and i'm sure that will be the message. The Poms will be going all out to win and they still have the batsmen to pull off a rare last innings win. All leads to an interesting conclusion. Sapper.

Who are these batsmen that you speak of ? They may be capable of chasing in a one day or 20/20 game but they dont know which end of the bat to hold in a test match scenario .

It's always hard to chase a score of 300 plus in the second innings and they are doing okay. I don't think they will do it but stranger things do happen. It's easy to criticise and their supporters should stay behind them. You can't say it has not been a dramatic series with all sorts of things happening. The weather has played a big part as well. I've enjoyed it. Greg.

It's always hard to chase a score of 300 plus in the second innings and they are doing okay. I don't think they will do it but stranger things do happen. It's easy to criticise and their supporters should stay behind them. You can't say it has not been a dramatic series with all sorts of things happening. The weather has played a big part as well. I've enjoyed it. Greg.

Ok I may have exaggerated just a little :)

This has got to be the most dramatic series contested for a long time. Whether England should have won is another thing but they deserved it to come back as they did. They will have all the momentum now and it will be hard for the Aussies to wrest that back. Greg.

I prefer green countryside to a dust bowl.

Dust bowl Chuck ??

I gather you have never been here ^&confuse^&confuse

We have just as much lush green country side as well maybe not as much a whole lot more ^&grin seeing as we are a much larger island.

Any way back to the cricket well done England a classic ashes contest and its good in one way the next two tests aren't dead rubbers now.

Rain again is buggering up the 4th Test! Luckily Steve Smith is back in the side to shore up the Oz batting along with the new bloke Labuschagne scoring some runs. Bloody Warner should hand his pay cheque back in....

Tom

211 from the #1 batsmen in the world great innings, if they don't knock him out they can't get him out, Archer seems like a "One hit wonder" did nothing he looks lazy to me.

The best Batsman I have ever seen play and that is saying a lot...Better than Viv.

q2RIaiM.png

Mr. Kohlis ego is going to be hurt he will be sooking in private I'm guessing^&grin^&grin

Kolhi is just behind as #3 best ever and Smith is #2 but with a country mile to go before either catch up to the Don.

tzY87du.jpg

S.Smith is well on the way.....

snUOwYQ.png

It's always hard to compare sports from different eras Wayne. One would think it would be hard to beat "The Dons" record but would he have been as good today?Everything has changed in many sports. I think the sports people today are more fitness conscious and probably a lot quicker then years gone by. Take tennis for instance, they are faster and hit the ball with more power. Rugby League is a lot quicker not that individual players were slower but the game has become faster. All sports have changed, maybe the sportspeople of the past could have adapted to today's conditions. With changes in equipment, changes in cricket pitches and sporting fields changes in physical training, changes in financial reward, all have contributed to the present sporting environment. That's why i'm cautious when saying the best ever. I prefer to say the best of his or her era and the best record up till today. I always think of Johnny Weismuller of Tarzan fame, who got into movies with his swimming. He probably would not make today's women's Olympic final. The Don, Pharlap, Dawn Fraser, Margaret Court, were all champions of their era and so they should be remembered. Just my point of view. Regards Greg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back