Stan and Ollie (1 Viewer)

Hope it's a good one. Long overdue. My favorite comedy team as a kid, and even now come to think of it. Chris

Hope it's a good one. Long overdue. My favorite comedy team as a kid, and even now come to think of it. Chris
Same here. Never laughed so hard as in the episode (no idea what the name is) when Ollie had to go pick up his wife and left Stan in the house alone. When Ollie and his wife got back, there was Stan standing amidst the smoking ruin of Ollies house holding a garden hose on the smoking remains. And then there was the piano delivery episode... ^&grin -- Al

I finally got around to seeing this one and it's pretty good. If you are a L&H fan, you should enjoy. O'Reilly nails the Oliver Hardy role. The final scene sent the boys off just right.

Went twice to see it, favourite part were the Robin Hood scenes. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1486.jpg
    DSCN1486.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 157
Finally caught this on cable and thought it outstanding. The 2 actors just nailed the parts. -- Al

I'm off to Santa Monica later this year and will be staying at the Oceana where Stan Laurel lived out his final years. Oddly enough it is literally around the corner from where Whitey Bulger lived while on the run.

I watched this the other day...
kudos to John C. Reilly...
I've always liked him...
he did a masterful job...
he has really evolved as a serious actor from movies like Siblings or Talladega...

I found the movie really sad...
their last live appearance with Laurel's health concerns...
and not just his health or their relationship at times...
but their loss of popularity...
sad movie...

they obviously had a great relationship and forgave past indiscretions against each other...
true friends til the end...
a good watch...
especially if you're from that generation...

or a John C. Reilly fan...

here's a video of Will Farrell and him...
a spin off of Bing and Bowie's Peace on Earth..
showing how versatile they both can be...
they actually sound surprisingly good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJBFD-Wvc7U

I loved Stan and Ollie, and as a result bought a couple of books on the two. It looks as if the movie exaggerated any dissension between the two viz acting in movies without the other. Each did dozens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back