Star Wars (1 Viewer)

From what I can find on the 'Net' Avatar took in the US first day 73 million....The Force Awakens 123 million, guess the Force has awakened big time....:wink2:
Wayne.

From what I can find on the 'Net' Avatar took in the US first day 73 million....The Force Awakens 123 million, guess the Force has awakened big time....:wink2:
Wayne.

Star Wars is cheating by also attracting the Bond fans ! Apparently Daniel Craig makes an appearance as a storm trooper.

Just returned from seeing it with my wife and brother. I was reasonably confident that it would be pretty good. I like Star Wars but am not a groupie as such so I would have been happy with that.

It rocks ... absolutely superb entertainment. Even the parts that in retrospect seem familiar were presented in a fresh way for a new audience. The 'aerial' scenes made me wish for a top notch WW2 movie, perhaps using Mosquitoes or Spits. Except that logic dictates otherwise, it was as though they really had a flying Millennium Falcon. The special effects have come a long way.

If you have not yet seen it, I would be very angry with anyone who spoils it by telling you the storyline. I will prepare you though, no Jar Jar Binks and get ready for at least one sequel!

The young woman - Daisy Ridley?? - think of her as a Keira Knightley type except that she is attractive and can act. If you had a thing for Carrie Fisher in the 70s I would recommend giving the movie a miss and hold onto your memories of the gold bikini.

I saw the movie last night and although I agree with Jack in part, much of the movie, which is very good, is derivative of the first Star Wars movie. The young heroine plays the Luke Skywalker part and is assisted by a small but essentially same version of R2D2. Although she is find in her role, I'm not sure I see this movie as a reflection of her acting abilities since this is an action movie.

I'm sure the next one will be in the vein of the Empire Strikes Back.

Most will love the movie because as Jack it's presented in different way but true aficionados may say "yes, it's good but...." That was my son's feeling.

I love goog Si-Fi but for some reason I have never gotten inti Star Wars even when the originals came out.I agree with Al.STAR TREK RULES!
Mark

Ben and I went to it yesterday afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised...it was a great movie on its own, but the nods to the past were spot on.

Very entertaining with no "blood, guts and torture" so you can take the children and grandchildren.
Good special effects and a decent story line that both pays homage to the original episodes and gives some new premises.
Definitely sets up for sequels.

I was never into sci-fi. I love the real thing (history), but I might check this one out. You guys really tempt me into a lot things.

Star Wars is really more than science fiction or put it another way it's science fiction for people who don't like science fiction.

That's why (in my opinion) you can't compare it to Star Trek. Totally different.

Sufragette is one I really want to see. Unfortunately, it's not playing out here so have to head into NY for that.

Just returned from seeing it with my wife and brother. I was reasonably confident that it would be pretty good. I like Star Wars but am not a groupie as such so I would have been happy with that.

It rocks ... absolutely superb entertainment. Even the parts that in retrospect seem familiar were presented in a fresh way for a new audience. The 'aerial' scenes made me wish for a top notch WW2 movie, perhaps using Mosquitoes or Spits. Except that logic dictates otherwise, it was as though they really had a flying Millennium Falcon. The special effects have come a long way.

If you have not yet seen it, I would be very angry with anyone who spoils it by telling you the storyline. I will prepare you though, no Jar Jar Binks and get ready for at least one sequel!

The young woman - Daisy Ridley?? - think of her as a Keira Knightley type except that she is attractive and can act. If you had a thing for Carrie Fisher in the 70s I would recommend giving the movie a miss and hold onto your memories of the gold bikini.

So I'm guessing no new Yoda quotes in the movie for you to use...^&grin

I'll go and see it on cheap Tuesday.

Tom

I see that Daisy Ridley's great uncle was Godfrey from Dad's Army!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back