Star Wars (3 Viewers)

Went and saw it again, this time in 3d, better again, recommend this way if you can. Is this Hahn Solo's daughter????? not acknowledged to protect her from the Dark Side, find out in 2017. Robin.

Saw the movie when it opened and said it was "entertaining"........saw it again with my grandson and have to say it really was disappointing. Doesn't compare to the first release or several subsequent releases. I'm amazed at the hype and reviews. Nothing that original, stretches of boredom and limited character development.

Also saw "The Big Short" this past weekend and I think every American citizen should see this film. Read the book a few years ago and walked away angry and sad. The movie is pretty true to the book and actual events of the 2007/2008 financial meltdown. You will learn things about our economy and the big banks......the system is rigged!
You may not believe in "unfettered Capitalism" anymore after this film.

agree with Ric...

saw this today...in 3D...

I have seen all the Star Wars...and they seem to get less and less entertaining to me...

heard Harrison Ford made a boatload on this movie...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...x-star-wars-co-stars-report-article-1.2473722

the theaters are crazy now...

2 tickets...$18
2 popcorn and 2 soda...$19

$37 for a movie date

that's how Ford made his 20 million on this movie...^&grin
the theater was pretty empty...

Went and saw it again, this time in 3d, better again, recommend this way if you can. Is this Hahn Solo's daughter????? not acknowledged to protect her from the Dark Side, find out in 2017. Robin.

I saw it in 3D. the theater was full and I had to purchase the tickets a week ago ($13.00 used my brother's discount card). I agree that it is a much better movie in 3D. I liked it much better than all of the other SW movies except the for the original Star War movie.

I think she is Luke's daughter.

My daughter took me on Christmas Day. It's nice when the kids start giving adult gifts rather than macaroni, paste, and paper plate creations.

I saw it in 3D. the theater was full and I had to purchase the tickets a week ago ($13.00 used my brother's discount card). I agree that it is a much better movie in 3D. I liked it much better than all of the other SW movies except the for the original Star War movie.

Yep could be, just need to do a back story on him as no indication of any women in his life. Either way it's either his daughter or his twin sister's daughter, Jedi rules.^&grin. Robin.

In the books Luke only has one child who is a boy named Ben. Solo has 2 sons and 1 daughter. It has already been stated that the movies won't necessarily follow the books so I guess it would be possible to make her Luke's daughter since are gonna do what they want anyhow.

What? Now it's "Luke, I am your daughter."? Sounds vaguely familiar. :rolleyes2: -- Al

I did not notice it but I wouldn't know what to look for anyway. What I did notice was that the stormtroopers' armour does not seem to work all that well. Everyone who got shot pretty much fell down dead.

My personal opinion is that this is a stretch. I did not get this at all. If there was a little of this it just made them seem more modern rather than a swipe at Spec Ops.

If he is in fact Luke's daughter, then Luke Skywalker is a terrible "deadbeat" dad. I hope that is not the case! If she finds out she is his daughter then he owes some serious Galactic child support man. This is issue needs some Jedi meditation to come to a resolution...

John from Texas

My 11 year old and I saw this over Xmas break. Disclaimer, I am a fan, I saw 1977 in 1977 as a 4 year old on opening day, I owned at one time the entire Kenner toy figure and ship collection, so I am a Star Wars fanatic. Reaction - awesome. My 11 year old's reaction - awesome (which was worth more to me than anything else as I saw myself as a 10 year old seeing Return of The Jedi in the theater).

I think the movie was well done, I think it made you think just like the old ones with confusing questions (who is Rey?), etc. I think it has a lasting villain (Kylo to Darth). I think it completed the circle for me on some characters. Do I wish they did this 20 years ago, sure. Did it make me want to revisit the novelizations of the Expanded Universe I have not read yet.............absolutely! Did it provide a rebirth in the household with Star Wars gadgets, you betcha!

I like movies from the 1920s to present and my one criteria I always have is - was I entertained? In this case, I was more than entertained and am looking forward to more of them. Also planning on seeing this one again before it exits theaters.

TD

I finally saw it last night. I really enjoyed it.

The stormtrooper with the pseudo lightsaber was a highlight for me.

Going again tomorrow, third time, 3d is the way to go. Nothing not to like about this film. Robin.

Late to the gameon this one, TOTALLY BORED, same old schtick, matter of fact same story, liked it better the first time i saw it in the 70's... it was called Star Wars!
To use a tired old line " you've got the whole universe to work with and this is all you can come up with?"
Just too simplistic for me, apparently in this future all the tracking and technology is abandon, we use more technology today than they do in the future for tracking and security.
Seriously dissapointing, won't waste my time or money on any more of this series, being over 10 years old I guess I just don't get it....
Ray

Looking forward to getting the DVD, to add to the series. Understand a spin off movie is coming out at the end of this year, pushing eposide 8 out till the end of 2017. Robin.

That is correct Robin. If you go to starwars.com, you can see the plans for the spinoff.

By the way, my son and I have been watching the Clone Wars on Netflix. It's in cartoon format but the drawing and stories are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back