STG44's collection (2 Viewers)

Takes me back to my youth. I must have had every piece pictured here, but either met a fiery end at the hands of lighter fluid and heavy objects or are at the bottom of a 1970s landfill.

Great memory thread

Thanks for the memories! Mostly I miss my Britain's Swoppets Wars of the Roses figures, if anyone has photos please post.

Thanks, guys. I intend to gradually share more. The biggest limitation is that I live in a small place with several cats & dogs which necessitates the boxed storage of most of these. I have one row in a bookshelf dedicated to some modern figures that I like. Over the next few days & weeks I will share some Elastolin Normans, Vikings, Lnadsknechts, some Britain's WWII figures of both sides, Some Royal Canadian Mounted Police, some Queen's Guards--for lack of a better word--since I bought them at the appearance of the Queens Guards in the late 1960s when they made an appearance at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

When playing, I had a variety of castles and would typically have the Britain's Knights defending against a mix of Trojans, Romans, and Marrx unpainted vikings and knights.

Last edited:
Here are some Britain's Trojans:

Attachments

• Britains Mounted Trojans.jpg
    Britains Mounted Trojans.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 93
Here are more Britain's Trojans--This time archers:

Attachments

• Britain's Trojan Archers.jpg
    Britain's Trojan Archers.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 96
What follows are Britain's Trojan's Swordsman of different ilk:

Attachments

• Britain's Trojan Blue Helmed swordsman.jpg
    Britain's Trojan Blue Helmed swordsman.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 90
Here are some more Britain's Trojan Swordsman:

Attachments

• Britains Trojan swordsmman white helmed Swordsman.jpg
    Britains Trojan swordsmman white helmed Swordsman.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for the memories! Mostly I miss my Britain's Swoppets Wars of the Roses figures, if anyone has photos please post.

I say your post and thought of my figures like you mentioned...I posted a few pictures in the "Plastics" section of the Forum.

More to come.

I would typically fight the Britain's Herald Knights along with the Timpo Crusaders and some of the Timpo Knights--like the ones with the two handed swords and fight them against the other Timpo knights, with Timpo Romans, Britain's Trojans, and some Marx unpainted knights and vikings.

I still have this old Elastolin/Hausser Castle, though I no longer have the bases that included a moat:

Attachments

• Hausser Castle.jpg
    Hausser Castle.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Hausser Castle Box.jpg
    Hausser Castle Box.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 103
Okay, now on to my Elastolin/Preiser Normans & Vikings.

In the late 1990s I actually got curious about the Knights I had and did some Ebay searches. I discovered that those knights that I considered too expensive to buy when I was a boy since they only came individually as opposed to in boxes were made by a company called Elastolin. I preferred Britains because they came in larger groups but they did not have the detail. I never really paid close enough attention.

When I rediscovered them I realized that the Elastolins were based on Normans while the Britain's of the times tended to be based on later model knights. I actually preferred the Normans and embarked on a collecting of Elastolin Normans as well as Preiser copies.

I did have one Norman from my childhood--a Norman attacking with an ax. He had lost his base-which I replaced with pasted on cardboard, and I replaced his ax with a spear.

Here is a picture of him to start out my posting of pictures of Elastolin Normans:

Attachments

• Elastolin spearman.jpg
    Elastolin spearman.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Here is a Preiser version of the above Norman armed with an ax along with a Norman armed with a sword.:

Attachments

• Norman Swordman & Axman by Preiser1.jpg
    Norman Swordman & Axman by Preiser1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Here is a pair of Preiser Elastolin Normans from the front view.

I should have pointed out sooner that the manufacturer Preiser started manufacturing replicas of Elastolin figures when Preiser acquired the line from Elastolin in the 1980s. They also added on some additional figures that were not in the original Norman line.

The figures are 70mm and about 1/25 scale.

Attachments

• Normans Preiser front.jpg
    Normans Preiser front.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Here is another pair of Preiser Elastolin Normans:

Attachments

• Norman Duo 1 side.jpg
    Norman Duo 1 side.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 88
Here is a side view of the same figures which allows you to better discern the detail on the shields:

Attachments

• Norman Duo 1 front.jpg
    Norman Duo 1 front.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 90
Here is a figure labelled Prince Valiant alongside of a spearman:

Attachments

• Prince Valient & Spearman.jpg
    Prince Valient & Spearman.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 91
Here is Prince Valiant with a Princess that came with the series:

Attachments

• Prince Valient & Princess.jpg