Streets of Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
One of the advantages of arriving at the London show at 6am (!) is that you have plenty of time to wander round taking stuff in before the doors open and the punters pour forth. Last Saturday I had a good look at the SOHK range, now I know its not in my area of interest but it really is fantastic. The quality of the poses and painting is so good in my view, sometimes its good to look at an era you don't collect and probably never will, but you just enjoy looking at them:cool:

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

038-4.jpg

Rob

Nice pics and a great range I came to it late (very) but, have some nice pieces including the wedding procession which, is stunning. Happy with the odd bit as I know I would never be able to get it all
Mitch

One of the advantages of arriving at the London show at 6am (!) is that you have plenty of time to wander round taking stuff in before the doors open and the punters pour forth. Last Saturday I had a good look at the SOHK range, now I know its not in my area of interest but it really is fantastic. The quality of the poses and painting is so good in my view, sometimes its good to look at an era you don't collect and probably never will, but you just enjoy looking at them:cool:

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

038-4.jpg

Rob

Rob,

I started collecting a few of these some years ago but the wife took over and now has a healthy collection. I'm sure your lovely wife could do the same. :rolleyes:;)

Jeff

Rob,

I started collecting a few of these some years ago but the wife took over and now has a healthy collection. I'm sure your lovely wife could do the same. :rolleyes:;)

Jeff

Sssssssssh!!!!:D

I think it's a great range -- very colorful and well sculpted -- and seems representative of the period. I would love to collect it but I think you need a lot of room (not to mention money) to collect it.

From what I understand it is one of K & C's most popular ranges and does very well in Asia.

I think it's a great range -- very colorful and well sculpted -- and seems representative of the period. I would love to collect it but I think you need a lot of room (not to mention money) to collect it.

From what I understand it is one of K & C's most popular ranges and does very well in Asia.

I agree, if I had more money and space I'd love to collect it, the same goes for Crusaders and ACW too. I just need those six numbers on Saturday Brad ;)

Rob

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for posting the very nice shots of the SOHK range.

I think I see the base of the retired Chinese Pagoda HK074 in the first picture.

It must have been snapped up fast like the one on eBay recently.

I wonder if the Chinese Moongate HK089 was on offer.

Do you have anymore pictures ?

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Hi Raymond,

You are very welcome mate. I'm sorry I don't have anymore SOHK pics but you may find some more from other treefroggers on the London show thread. Andy covered things in much more detail than I did this time with me doing more of an overview, I will go more in depth next time at the March show.

All the best

Rob

Hi Raymond,

You are very welcome mate. I'm sorry I don't have anymore SOHK pics but you may find some more from other treefroggers on the London show thread. Andy covered things in much more detail than I did this time with me doing more of an overview, I will go more in depth next time at the March show.

All the best

Rob

Hi Rob,

No problem. It was nice of you to post the SOHK pictures, even though this K&C range is not in your sphere of collecting.

It was great to see Andy, Simon and yourself band together to cover the show in Jeff's absence.

By the way, nice helmet you had on there.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Thanks for the great shots.

One of the big regrets of my collecting life is that I never acted on collecting this set until it was too far along. It will always be one of the best themes K&C has ever produced.

hello !

did anyone know what was the first Set from K&C that was available in matte from this serie ?

in found pics and descriptions about sets starting at HK001 , but most of the listings start with HK046.

best regards and thx for any help !
panzerknacker

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

038-4.jpg

Rob

Just tried looking at the pix, but get a message that the photos have been moved or deleted (photobucket)? Any idea where I can see them?

jules

Just tried looking at the pix, but get a message that the photos have been moved or deleted (photobucket)? Any idea where I can see them?

jules

Sorry Jules, but I had to make space and delete quite a lot of pics. There should still be plenty of pics from other Treefroggers at the show in the show threads.

Rob

hello !

did anyone know what was the first Set from K&C that was available in matte from this serie ?

in found pics and descriptions about sets starting at HK001 , but most of the listings start with HK046.

best regards and thx for any help !
panzerknacker

Hi panzerknacker,

You might like to check out the thread "Streets of Old Hong Kong Glossy Questions" in the Gloss section of the forum.

Then, go to Post #46 by Steven Chong who wrote an excellent account of the development of the SOHK series.

In Steven's post, you will find the answer to your question.....it is HK040.

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes, Raymond.:)

Thank´s - that realy helped.

So i need to get a view sets more that will match to the rest of my
SOHK Collection. if anybody have to sell, or know where to find, i am looking for this sets:

HK168M
HK148M
HK135M
HK134CM
HK134BM
HK134AM
HK128M
HK117M
HK116M
HK115M
HK109M
HK108M
HK107M
HK100M

all in matte ONLY, and in original Box, MINT Condition !
( i will also post that in the "wanted"-section of the board )

best regards panzerknacker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back