SYW023-SYW031 Prussian 3rd Cuirassiers and von Seydlitz! (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
We are also pleased to announce the latest addition for our Seven Years War figure range, SYW023-SYW031 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Leib Regiment zu Pferde and General von Seydlitz. Prussian General Friedrich Wilhelm von Seydlitz was a General of cavalary in the Prussian army serving under Frederick the Great. He distinguished himself in battle time and again and as such he rose through the ranks until finally rising to command all of the Cavalry of Frederick's army. We have presented him here in the uniform of the 8th Cuirassiers, the first regiment he commanded and the uniform he kept throughout his career. He played a critical role in many of Frederick's battles and distinguished himself at Rossbach, Zorndorf, Hochkirch, and was seriously wounded in the hopeless charge at Kunersdorf. As one of the most famous and talented of all Prussians who have a long history of military tradtion and esteemed commanders, General von Seydlitz is a must have for any serious collection of Frederick the Great's army of the Seven Years War. To accompany him, we present a fantastic rendition of the Prussian 3rd Cuirassiers including 8 separate charging figures. These sets are a must have for any serious collection of the Seven Year War!

SYWCav.jpg

SYW023 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Officer - $169.95
SYW024 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Standard Bearer - $184.95
SYW025 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Trumpeter - $174.95
SYW026 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment NCO - $164.95
SYW027 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Charging #1 - $164.95
SYW028 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Charging #2 - $164.95
SYW029 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Charging #3 - $164.95
SYW030 Prussian 3rd Cuirassier Regiment Charging #4 - $164.95
SYW031 Prussian General Friedrich Wilhelm von Seydlitz - $174.95
Shipping End December

SYW023Page1.jpg

SYW023

SYW024Page1.jpg

SYW024

SYW025Page1.jpg

SYW025

SYW026Page1.jpg

SYW026

SYW027Page1.jpg

SYW027

SYW028Page1.jpg

SYW028

SYW029Page2.jpg

SYW029

SYW030Page1.jpg

SYW030

SYW031Page1.jpg

SYW031

We sincerely hope you enjoy them!

Best,

Matt
First Legion USA

Love them. But need to finish the Saxons first. :redface2:

Wonderful .... its great to see that you are making a charging line of 7YW cavalry, and looking so animated, they could be real.

Well Done !!

John

Here is another photo of those fantastics Prussian Cuirassiers.

Nicely done Matt.

cant wait to get those in my collection.

COH

Attachments

• SYW Prussian Cuirassiers.jpg
    SYW Prussian Cuirassiers.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 867
Here is another photo of those fantastics Prussian Cuirassiers.

Nicely done Matt.

cant wait to get those in my collection.

COH

WOW !!!! That's a Great picture where did you get that from?? :salute:::salute::regards Gebhard

Just Incredible figures {eek3} pre-order in, now the waiting begins ... Matt, are we there yet :wink2: are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? only kidding when these shipping? Just can't wait to see these guys . First Legion are just kicking ***.....regards Gebhard

Ok its the last day of December, is it too early to start complaining that these haven't shipped yet ?? :redface2: ^&grin. regards Gebhard

My order is marked as shipped {sm4}, looks like the newest items are now in stock and shipping. regards Gebhard

What the hell man I've been tracking my box all day and it shows out on truck for delivery at 7:20 am this morning it now 8:40 pm .. Fed Ex sucks, I have a feeling its not coming today :mad::mad:. I sure hope that joker driver isn't home with my figures. Just had to vent regards Gebhard

What the hell man I've been tracking my box all day and it shows out on truck for delivery at 7:20 am this morning it now 8:40 pm .. Fed Ex sucks, I have a feeling its not coming today :mad::mad:. I sure hope that joker driver isn't home with my figures. Just had to vent regards Gebhard

Hold in there! I'm sure they'll arrive shortly. {sm2}{eek3} I'm looking forward to seeing collector's pics of these new figures.
Cheers,
Brendan

Well Gebs ?what's the word man??...Sammy

Well Gebs ?what's the word man??...Sammy

Hi Sammy,
The word would just have to be Incredible they are the most beautiful 7YW figures I have ever seen much less had the chance to own. regards Gebhard

Hi Sammy,
The word would just have to be Incredible they are the most beautiful 7YW figures I have ever seen much less had the chance to own. regards Gebhard

How long did the driver hold them captive?

How long did the driver hold them captive?

The twit delivered it to the neighbor down the street, I went back and forth with Fedex as it showed delivered at 7pm. I told him of course it shows delivered it would even if your driver delivered it to the wrong place but I'm telling you its not here but got nowhere. About half hour later the neighbor down the street said he saw our lights on and brought it up. Always good to have nice neighbors, of course it helps that I share my good german Bier :wink2:.

The figures are the best I have ever seen, will try and post some pictures Saturday a snow storm is coming and should have some time. regards Gebhard

These are great figures and long overdue for the SYW in Europe.
I am, however, somewhat concerned about the longer term integrity of the horses with only one leg attached to the base.
Several of my Russian made "Aeroart" cavalry figures exhibited bending and cracking over time with the one leg attachment.
Does anyone know how the legs are attached? Screw or glue, etc......?

I'm going to be a rivet Nazi--I realized yesterday, as I looked at the ad for this line in "Toy Soldier & Model Figure", that the horse colors are wrong. They should be much darker, black, basically (as black as horses get). The officers should not be mounted on grays, either, they should be mounted on black horses. Officers on grays is an affectation of painters from the 19th century.

The Prussians drew their mounts from stud farms across northern Germany. In the thinking of the time, black horses were considered to be the strongest and to have the best endurance, and so, they were allotted to the cuirassiers. Dragoons got the next allotments, dark browns and chestnuts. The hussars were mounted on lighter-colored horses, of all varieties, and theirs were the smaller, lighter breeds found in Poland and the Ukraine, which were considered better-suited to the kind of work the hussars did.

I have to doublecheck about the trumpeters, though. I think that that is valid to have him mounted on a gray. That was done, so a commander could spot him easily on the battlefield.

Prost!
Brad

I am completely in the dark about this since this is not my era of interest. I'm sure any SYW or NAP collector knows better then I but from the limited search I did on the color of horses it appears that dark browns were utilized as well. In fact a couple of paintings I saw depicted a variety of browns to blacks.

Thank you, Gebhard, for getting your courage up and taking photos of your beautiful collection. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back