Texas Show -- new location? (3 Viewers)

As a Texan I can tell you that there are only three things that I do not like about the state:

1. June
2. July
3. August

-Jason

If it is over 100 then that is the right time. 64oz Gatorade with every table purchased.

I would like to see Zack show up with a suitcase of shirts to sweat through. Then toss and fill with toy soldiers.

The locals are shooting for this year. I told them if it can't get done this week or so then it will have to be 2020.

I would be good with January or May. If The West Coaster pulls off then we would try and keep in March. Of course TX could go in March and Cali in Jan or May.

April is available if we could get MFCA to stay consistent with a date.

IF TX and CA become good shows then they need to be at least a couple of months apart.

Any show really needs to avoid holiday weekends....just sayin'

March is probably one of the most pleasant months in Texas weather wise. Dare I say it is almost California-ish?

All,

I am down to go anywhere in Texas.

Mike, lets coordinate a road trip!

John from Texas

yea...yea...yea!
we can go LA style...
invite Ozzie O and some floozies......^&grin
get us a party bus...
with a chauffeur...

No, its cancelled...boo who...I'm gonna miss seeing everyone.

John from Texas

Per Matt at hobby bunker, a new show will be in 2020

Well I should be making my annual trip to San Antonio next week for the highlight of the year for us in Texas. But to our dishonor we are not able to carry the Lone Star Banner forward as the Texas Toy Soldier Show is no more. Cut down like our Texians at Goliad. Maybe we can regroup like Sam Houston did on the banks of Buffalo Bayou and Peggy Lake. Who will be our leader?

Howard

Well I should be making my annual trip to San Antonio next week for the highlight of the year for us in Texas. But to our dishonor we are not able to carry the Lone Star Banner forward as the Texas Toy Soldier Show is no more. Cut down like our Texians at Goliad. Maybe we can regroup like Sam Houston did on the banks of Buffalo Bayou and Peggy Lake. Who will be our leader?

Howard

Might have to regroup on the banks of the San Antonio River (The River Walk) and the steps of the pool at the Westin Riverwalk.

Well, the weekend came and went with out the show...got a lot of yard work done...planted some flowers...schlepped some rocks...BBQ'd some shrimps and sausages and missed my good friend Mike Miller.

John from Texas

Well, the weekend came and went with out the show...got a lot of yard work done...planted some flowers...schlepped some rocks...BBQ'd some shrimps and sausages and missed my good friend Mike Miller.

John from Texas

John, you'll have to jump into the truck (I'm assuming you have one as it appears to me all Americans have a bloody big truck!^&grin), hit the interstate and pop down to Mike and have a whisky or 10 with him! {sm3}^&grin

Tom

John..Tom...
I wish I had spent this weekend with both of you...
drinking Margaritas and eating fajitas...
this is the first Texas Show I have missed since 2007...
Memorial day is not the same to me without it to me...
back in the day...
Nick and Deanna were doing a great job...
then Andy took over bringing it to it's full potential...
really sorry not to have one scheduled this year...
as I missed seeing all my friends and having a great time...
Andy is a marketing wizard...
hopefully he will figure something out and get this going again next year...
or perhaps Matt will take the reins...
I loved this show...
I hope we have one next year...

Tom...
I don't have a truck...
but all my friends do...
I have an SUV...^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back