The 2006 New York Symposium (March 10-12) (2 Viewers)

Louis Badolato

Lieutenant General
Well folks, its about time to start organizing this year's New York Symposium, so here's the schedule:

Friday, March 10th: 7:00 p.m.: Opening Dinner at my huntsmen's club, Tiro A Segno.

Saturday, March 11th: 12:00 Noon: Viewing of my collection and Talk by Andy Neilson, either at Classic Toys or at my home.

Saturday, March 11th: 8:00 p.m.: Dinner at Lawrence Lo's restaurant, Tse Yang.

Sunday, March 12th: 10:00 a.m.: Attending Toy Soldier Show across the river in New Jersey.

Those of you who would like to attend, please let me know on this thread. Larry, Hans and I will try to accomodate as many people as want to attend, but space is limited at my club and at Larry's Restaurant.

Happy New Year!

A little additional information for those planning to come to the NY Symposium:

Hans, Larry and myself sponsor the entire weekend, so the two (excellent)dinners, cocktails and lunch Saturday afternoon are free. There is no cost to attendees other than the travel and hotel expenses.

For those who get to us early enough, I will arrange for a small block of rooms at the Cornell Club (which as as nice as mosy luxury hotels in Manhattan at only around $100 per night, or about 1/3 of the price). I will also try to arrange a block of rooms at a local hotel at a discounted price. We will also attempt to provide free transportation (via carpooling) to and from all of the various event venues.

Louis,
I'm in. Let me know if you need a credit card for the room. I will come in friday early and leave sunday.

Thanks,
Bill Sager

A little chilly but worthwhile.

Louis, you know I'm in.

Greetings if you have room I would like to reserve 3 for the symposium on Saturday & dinner afterwards . We met Andy at last years show (a true pleasure). My name is Joseph Biasco cellular 201-704-1338 , tell Andy his "bobby" friend from New Jersey is looking forward to seeing him again. Louis if I can be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks again & Happy New Year!

Bill, I will make a reservation at the Cornell Club for you. I think Shannon may be staying there as well.

Louis,

Sounds good to me. Let me know if you want me to bring anything or help you out. I can come a little earlier if necessary. I'll talk to Shannon about the trip also.

Thanks,
Bill Sager

Bill, you could bring the Charlie Chaplin figure to display and for Hans to photograph for the book.

dear louis,would like to get to join you for part of your generous offer.would like to meet you and andy,and of course to see your fabled collection.
i am trying to keep in touch with brad on the matter and hope we can work
something out for saturday harvey

I look forward to meeting you Hammer. Just a bit of further information:

The cocktails, lunch and talk be Andy with showing of my collection will be in my home this year, rather than at Classic Toys. There will be plenty to eat and drink, a fire going if it is still cold, and about 80% of my collection on display, including all but one of the 45 or so pre-polystone vehicles, all of the polystone vehicles, 40+ of the original Warbirds, and around 10 different K&C produced dioramas, including (1) a Vietnam Firebase, (2) WWII Operation Market Garden "Eindoven" Diorama featuring all of the original wood and papier mache "Backlot" buildings produced in 1996, (3) Normandy "Bocage" Diorama, (4) Afrika Corps Diorama (the original from the 1997 Brochure), (5) Long Range Desert Group Diorama; (6) an RAF airfield complete with control tower, quonset hut, fuel bowser, RAF Austin K2 Ambulance, Another Austin RAF vehicle, ground crews, pilots, Clark Gable and Winston Churchill, (7) a North West Frontier Fortress with K&C Glossy Seaforths, Camel Corps, Indian Army and Royal Artillery sets sallying forth against attacking K&C Afghan Hill Tribesmen, (8) a Zulu War Diorama with the K&C Rorke's Drift burning farmhouse, (9) a complete original Streets of Hong Kong diorama with the custom produced base, all of the original wood and papier mache buildings, and most of the original glossy Streets of Hong Kong sets, and (10) a Roman Diorama with the mid-1980's glossy romans, the late 1990's matt romans and celts and the original Great Wall Gateway as a portion of Hadrian's Wall. The various dioramas will be peopled with most of my K&C figures and vehicles, and whatever I can't fit will be displayed on shelves. It should be fun setting it all up, and I hope you enjoy seeing it.

Louis, I trust we will have an official Treefrog photographer and note taker for those unable to attend.
Gary

I will offer my services although I have a basic digital camera.

You know, everyone is welcome to take as many photos as they like at the Symposium, and post them on the forum. At least Brad knows how to post photos on the site, I don't have a clue. Just for the record, I extended Brad an invitation to come by the house with his family anytime, so he can get those of you who haven't been to the Symposium some photos of whatever you would like to see in my collection. For those of you who are big North Afrika fans, I will be displaying the only wood shell damaged 8th Army Sherman Andy ever sold (he has another in his private collection) and the only K&C Afrika Corps short barelled Panzer IV Andy ever made (it was in the brochure with the original standing Rommel figure, and I bought it from him for the then unheard of price of $300 for a polystone vehicle - I still have the e-mail where he offered it to me in my K&C folder).

If someone has a good dictating tape recorder maybe when can even tape and transcribe Andy's talk. Our fearless leader always gives presentations that are both educational and entertaining. I have heard Andy speak about K&C at the original Symposium, at the Hobby Bunker dinner during the Toy Show in Boston last summer, and at the Treefrog Dinner at the Chicago Show, and he was excellent each time.

Just to let you guys know, Hans, Larry and I are meeting on Thursday to finalize the arrangements for the Symposium. After that we will contact those coming and set everything up.

Dear Louis,
This is Tim at Troops of Time. Happy New Year to you and your family! I spoke with H. and told him to please count me in. Just wanted to respond to your kind message and accept with pleasure. Thanks for all you fellows do to organize this gathering. Take care and happy collecting, Tim

Tim,

I am so happy to hear you are coming! It was great meeting you in Chicago.

Regards,

Louis

Dear Louis

Would there be a place left for me? I would love to see your famous collection.
I met Hans at the London show and it would also be nice to meet up again. I have sent in a few photos to the gallery and also would love to add some more photos to my collection if that were allowed.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back