The 2006 New York Symposium (March 10-12) (1 Viewer)

Pandagen,

Its going to be tight, but we should be able to fit you in. Send me a private message or e-mail me and I will firm things up with you.

Welcome aboard,

Louis

For those of you coming to my club for the opening dinner Friday night, my club requires jacket and tie, no jeans. Pack accordingly.

Louis, I would like to attend the Symposium on Saturday. This is really tough for me because my three boys play hockey and the weekends are always booked. I may stay over on Sat., do you have a list of hotels in the area. Thanks, Tim Smith

Tim,

Saturday afternoon for lunch, cocktails, Andy's talk and a viewing of my collection is available, but dinner Saturday night at Larry's restaurant is all booked up.

If you are coming and plan on staying over, I can try to get an extra room at the Cornell Club. Otherwise, any Manhattan Hotel would do for an overnight stay. Also, you are certainly welcome to join us Sunday Morning at the Toy Soldier Show across the river in New Jersey.

Let me know if you want me to try to reserve you a room at the Cornell Club.

Regards,

Louis

Louis Badolato said:
For those of you coming to my club for the opening dinner Friday night, my club requires jacket and tie, no jeans. Pack accordingly.

I have no ties and Pete won't share:eek: --what should the women in the group wear to your club and also to Larry's restaurant? Plus, I read the Cornell Club requires "casual business attire at all times." What is casual mens' and womens' business attire in Manhattan? Could be quite different than here in the midwest--actually we are in the heart of Mayo Clinic country so scrubs are business attire around here!;)

Women can wear anything except jeans and sneakers at my club, Larry's restaurant or the Cornell Club. For my club, I recommend either business attire or a dress, as it is semi-formal.

For those of you who asked me to make room reservations for the Symposium, please check your PM's for reservation info including confirmation numbers.

Tim Smith, please check your PM as well.

Well, the kick off of the Symposium is only 12 days away, so those people who are coming and need addresses for the venues or directions, please send me a private message, and I will be happy to oblige you.

Just as an aside, I wish you could see my dining room right now. I have never had my entire K&C collection out on display at the same time (at best I usually had 10-15% on display, and for last years symposium maybe 25%). In my dining room and one of my guestrooms right now I have 100% of my K&C collection, about 50% of which is actually out of its boxes.

On the minus side, I am missing one of my small dioramas (I think it must still be in my mother in law's garage), but on the plus side, I have found duplicates of several early sets and vehicles which I had no idea I possessed.

For the record, there are 40 Warbirds, 45 wood, metal and resin vehicles, and about 40 early polystone vehicles out of their boxes (some for the first time ever), and three big dioramas are already set up end to end, a display measuring 12 feet long. All of the first 20 Waffen SS sets, all of the original Afrika Corps sets, all of the Arnhem sets and all of the Fallschirmjeager sets have already been unpacked and set out either on dioramas or on my dining room table.

I am considering setting up the Horsa Glider with all of the Arnhem sets on one side of my dining room table and the Junkers JU52 with all the Fallschirmjaeger sets on the other. This is going to be great!

Louis Badolato said:
Well, the kick off of the Symposium is only 12 days away, so those people who are coming and need addresses for the venues or directions, please send me a private message, and I will be happy to oblige you.

Just as an aside, I wish you could see my dining room right now. I have never had my entire K&C collection out on display at the same time (at best I usually had 10-15% on display, and for last years symposium maybe 25%). In my dining room and one of my guestrooms right now I have 100% of my K&C collection, about 50% of which is actually out of its boxes.

On the minus side, I am missing one of my small dioramas (I think it must still be in my mother in law's garage), but on the plus side, I have found duplicates of several early sets and vehicles which I had no idea I possessed.

For the record, there are 40 Warbirds, 45 wood, metal and resin vehicles, and about 40 early polystone vehicles out of their boxes (some for the first time ever), and three big dioramas are already set up end to end, a display measuring 12 feet long. All of the first 20 Waffen SS sets, all of the original Afrika Corps sets, all of the Arnhem sets and all of the Fallschirmjeager sets have already been unpacked and set out either on dioramas or on my dining room table.

I am considering setting up the Horsa Glider with all of the Arnhem sets on one side of my dining room table and the Junkers JU52 with all the Fallschirmjaeger sets on the other. This is going to be great!

Louis

This sounds fantastic. Please do you mind me asking - How big are your Horsa? and Ju52? :confused:

Kevin

Kevin,

They are both built to the scale of K&C figures. The wingspans are in excess of three feet on each. The only larger aircraft in my K&C collection is my B17G Flying Fortress, the Sentimental Journey, with maybe a 6-8 inch larger wingspan. My Heinkell HE111 is nearly as big as the Horsa and JU52, with maybe a 30 or 32 inch wingspan. We can measure them with a tape measure when you come if you desire exact measurements.

Regards,

Louis

Louis Badolato said:
Kevin,

They are both built to the scale of K&C figures. The wingspans are in excess of three feet on each. The only larger aircraft in my K&C collection is my B17G Flying Fortress, the Sentimental Journey, with maybe a 6-8 inch larger wingspan. My Heinkell HE111 is nearly as big as the Horsa and JU52, with maybe a 30 or 32 inch wingspan. We can measure them with a tape measure when you come if you desire exact measurements.

Regards,

Louis

Thanks Louis

Starting to feel a bit like a kid before Christmas :eek: I was asking because I saw a horsa but figured it must be too small by a mile :( Probably half the size you mention. Better buy some more memory for the camera.:cool:

Kevin

Kevin

Guys, if you could see my house right now you would have an idea of my version of heaven. I have almost 100% of pre-2002 K&C production out on display (I ran out of room, so everything more recent, which I figure most everyone has seen, is in boxes under two tables in my dining room). I have to spend the day digging through non-K&C boxes to find 5-6 missing K&C items (one of my pack camels, 4-5 "Remember the Alamo" figures, and one set of Vietnam figures) which I must have miss-boxed in the move. Just about every flat surface in my dining room (25 feet by 15 feet) and living room (24 feet by 14 feet) is covered with diorama, figures, aircraft & vehicles. I think Brad is coming by today to help with the final set up, and Shannon arrives this evening, so I will finally get to show it off.

Louis,

When you have free time after the Symposium will you be able to post some pictures of your displays before you pack them up? Unfortunatle some of us can't go this year and it would great to see part of your collection displayed here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Brad (Jazzeum) was here today helping me finish setting everything up, and he took a bunch of photos. Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow he will have posted some. Shannon is here right now and I'm sure she will take some shots too. Bill Sager arrives tomorrow, and will also take and post a bunch of photos, so you should be all set.

I took a bunch of photos and will take more tomorrow but here are some.

Attachments

• Badolato Collection 002.jpg
    Badolato Collection 002.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 134
Number 2. I believe this is only one of two made.

Attachments

• Badolato Collection 003.jpg
    Badolato Collection 003.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 114
Number 3. This is part of an incredible Afrika Korps diorama made by King and Country. I will try to post a photo of the whole thing.

Attachments

• Badolato Collection 005.jpg
    Badolato Collection 005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 127
Number 4.

Attachments

• Badolato Collection 009.jpg
    Badolato Collection 009.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 115
Number 5. Stunning Desert Stuka.

Attachments

• Badolato Collection 011.jpg