the big boys (2 Viewers)

Hope to see some photo's of your collection, nice to see a collector in my neck of the woods, cheers, Robin.

Welcome Zoidburg; From the other side of the planet, Waldoboro, Maine, USA!
I am sure you will find all sorts of helpful and interesting threads and topics.
Looking forward to seeing some of you handiwork and collection -- Larry

Welcome and nice dio mate. What brand is the Tiger, other vehicles and troops?

Tom

gday tom ,been collecting 1\6 for about 9 years ,always had some form of ww2 growing up but the 1\6 scale got me ,the tiger is from a company which is called field of armour ,a kit but now long out of business ,halftracks are kits which you build but are very well made ,they now offer 1\6 sherman tanks ,panzer 2 from the dragon company out of hong kong. the tiger is pretty big approx metre plus barrel add another half of metre ,the figures are 12inches tall , i did this diorama about 7 years ago but have just finished another building and plan to do another diorama, you can just about get any vehicles or guns in this scale now thanks mate graham

tiger on the prowl

Attachments

• tiger vs stuart 045 (2).jpg
    tiger vs stuart 045 (2).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 710
Excellent dio Graham.

About 6 years ago action figures were a major part of my business but it dropped off very suddenly and not stocked any since then.

You might be interested to know I just returned from a trip from Hong Kong. I went to the building where I had previously seen several shops selling only 1/6 action figures and only two with a small selection were still there. They may have moved elsewhere but this was the place for 1/6 figures in HK previously. The building now more for paintball type guns, military gear, scopes etc and some diecast and remote control.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Brett

Graham mate,
Welcome to the Forum. Great to see another Aussie collecting in a different scale. That Tiger is a beast and that dio must take up a huge piece of landscape.
Keep up the posting and it would be great to see any other dios.
Cheers Howard

Goes to show though - call a thread 'the big boys' and every Australian on the forum wants to post!

That tank looks magnificent!

Tom
Tom mate don't do it! I know what you're thinking, don't do it you'll be doomed for sure! bread, water and baked beans would be your future.......:wink2::rolleyes2:{sm4}
Wayne.

Tom mate don't do it! I know what you're thinking, don't do it you'll be doomed for sure! bread, water and baked beans would be your future.......:wink2::rolleyes2:{sm4}
Wayne.

Wayne mate,
Let him go. I don't want to be the only one on baked beans and vegemite.^&grin
Cheers Howard

Wayne mate,
Let him go. I don't want to be the only one on baked beans and vegemite.^&grin
Cheers Howard

Howard,

I guess it is vegemite because of the current shortage of marmite{sm4}.

Useless info ; marmite factory located in Christchurch and if I recall/read correctly is due back in operation this month. Although have also heard problems with change of owner of main company. Naturally this is of great concern to me being a marmite fan^&grin

Brett

Howard,

I guess it is vegemite because of the current shortage of marmite{sm4}.

Useless info ; marmite factory located in Christchurch and if I recall/read correctly is due back in operation this month. Although have also heard problems with change of owner of main company. Naturally this is of great concern to me being a marmite fan^&grin

Brett

Brett, I don't know how you can eat that salty tar like substance, Vegemite is much better {sm4}

Graham mate,
Welcome to the Forum. Great to see another Aussie collecting in a different scale. That Tiger is a beast and that dio must take up a huge piece of landscape.
Keep up the posting and it would be great to see any other dios.
Cheers Howard

thanks howard , just about to do another diorama ,will soon post .Have got quite a lot of armour cheer graham

Excellent dio Graham.

About 6 years ago action figures were a major part of my business but it dropped off very suddenly and not stocked any since then.

You might be interested to know I just returned from a trip from Hong Kong. I went to the building where I had previously seen several shops selling only 1/6 action figures and only two with a small selection were still there. They may have moved elsewhere but this was the place for 1/6 figures in HK previously. The building now more for paintball type guns, military gear, scopes etc and some diecast and remote control.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Brett

thanks brett ,the scale is taking off in a big way graham

finally the yanks get the upper hand ,see if you can spot a 1:1 scale border collie who snuck in for a photo

Attachments

• 2 016.jpg
    2 016.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 2 014.jpg
    2 014.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 2 008.jpg
    2 008.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 2 011.jpg
    2 011.jpg