The Canal (1 Viewer)

I took out my old retired 1938 LAH staff car and compared to the new one...

not much improvement in the new version.

The passengers look cool though.

No offense but how would you know that the new version is not any better or different from the one you have. Although the pictures are of a decent size, it sometimes pays to examine either a better picture or the item in person before criticizing an item that hasn't even been the subject of a dispatch yet.

I gotta have that new staff car! It looks amazing! And I love the a camera guy and photographer. Just when I was about to catch up with the Battle of the Bulge Germans this comes out. I have to confess that the grey Panzer IV looks even better than the AK version. I was not that interested in the "grey" stuff, although I have a couple of the vehicles, but looking at the dioramas I am feeling tempted to start collecting a new line. I need a second job to feed this habit.

Gil

The only troops I can think of with blue trousers are the Fallschirmjaeger

I don't think they are FJ RH - it looks like the camera is playing the usual tricks with the light to be honest. Most of the poses look great apart from the guy holding the binos as already have plenty of those so won't be buying him. Not complaining - just saying!

Very wonderful - great Gordon ! :D

I saw those new germans as well - photographer and movie guy - looks great. I guess if the Allies have it - so should the Germans - right?

I wonder if that is WWI or WWII camera he has ? Better get my mag glass out and check it before buying :p

I have to agree with you Ron the camera guy looks excellent and will be heading straight for my collection - as long as the camera has the German army issue 1939 Zeiss lens fitted to it!:)

No offense but how would you know that the new version is not any better or different from the one you have. Although the pictures are of a decent size, it sometimes pays to examine either a better picture or the item in person before criticizing an item that hasn't even been the subject of a dispatch yet.

There's a larger photo of that diorama with the staff car on K&C's website.

If you enlarge the photo enough the blue trousers look more greyish, like the guy with the bino's.

Jeff

Attachments

• Canal_1.jpg
    Canal_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 105
Great display! Must have Gordon chained to the workroom to do all these dios:).

Awesome to see more SS! I can already recognize the inspiration for some of those poses from my books. Hopefully the trouser colour is a trick of the lighting and not a mistake. To be sure, the early war trousers were a different shade than later ones. The colour of early war trousers (these are clearly meant to be early war SS) is called "stone-grey" by collectors to differentiate them from the "field gray" colour seen on post-1940 trousers. However, I've never seen stone-grey that looked outright blue as it appears in the unmagnified pic. In the magnified pic, they look fine, within the natural tolerances of lighting and fabric variation. The camermen's trousers also look okay.

I admire your self restraint Brad,i'd have caved and asked him!;).I guess dispatches may be a few days late with Andy and co going to the show.

So what do you think of the new staff car Brad,does it appeal anymore than Heydrichs?.I wonder if the Hitler figure is removable.

Rob

Rob,

I will be getting it. It's very nice. Wonder how much though.

They look more grey when blown up, having said that could they be Fallschirmjaeger that fought at carentan and falaise in normandy?? I'm no expert when it comes to uniforms!!

They look more grey when blown up, having said that could they be Fallschirmjaeger that fought at carentan and falaise in normandy?? I'm no expert when it comes to uniforms!!

No, those are clearly early war SS based on the type of camo smocks and the shape of the helmets alone, not to mention the inclusion in the background of K&C's early war StuG, Panzer IV, and the Renault from the fall of France 1940, not 1944. You can also see French soldiers surrendering in the background I believe. Fallschirmjager at that point in the war did not wear camouflage, and they also didn't see much action in France.

Ok, the train diorama was off the charts, BUT the canal diorama is on another level..........WOW.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back