The Dornier 335 and Kurt Welters ME262 (1 Viewer)

wayne556517

Lieutenant General
IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Dear All
We are delighted to release pictures of our latest WW2 German Warbirds, namely the Dornier 335 with 20mm wing cannon and the 2 seat ME262 night fighter flown by Kurt Welter!

Both aircraft are extremely limited with 15 of the ME262 being made and 12 of the Dornier 335 now available (factory made 2 extra Dornier for some unknown reason!)

WOW008: The Dornier 335 was one of the greatest piston engine fighter planes never to see combat although it had several encounters with Allied fighters. The German pilots were ordered not to engage and simply out flew the Allied pilots, who had no chance of catching this formidable aircraft. An experimental version was fitted with 20mm wing cannon as a possible solution to attacking Allied bomber formations. This aircraft was captured after WW2 and later flew in French colours whilst it was used a test aircraft. The Dornier 335 was an extremely large fighter aircraft with a wing span of 45ft and a fuselage of approximately the same dimensions, this means that its also a very impressive looking piece in 1/30 scale.

WOW009: Kurt Welters ME262 comes with pilot figure of Kurt Welter & his dog Schnapps, all other figures and vehicles in the photos are shown for reference purposes only. The table with Neptun radar is also included in the set but will follow later.

Kurt Welter was one of the most successful jet aces of WW2 with 63 claims amongst his tally including 33 Mosquitoes. Welter was awarded the Knights cross in 1944 and survived the war only to be killed in an automobile accident in 1949.

Our ME262 features twin seats and interior plus external radar fitted into the nose.

A big thanks to Paul Tremblay who spent a lot of time helping us with this project.

Like all our wooden Warbirds these aircraft take nearly 60 hours to make and receive over 30 coats of paint to ensure durability. When purchasing one of these aircraft you are going to be one of a few collectors in the world who owns such a unique piece.

Both aircraft priced at $599 (plus P&P) and available by sending an email to welcome@tomgunn.co.uk.

Best wishes Vicki Lucas

TGM Marketing Manager

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

DornierInterior.jpg

My word, those are two very impressive models and are going to make some lucky collectors very happy. Another remarkable example of the 'outside the box' thinking that TGM is known for. ^&cool -- Al

The Dornier 335 look the pick of the bunch and look a great plane but would be interested if Paul Tremblay could post some original photos Me 262 Red 12 in that paint finish ^&confuse

The Dornier 335 look the pick of the bunch and look a great plane but would be interested if Paul Tremblay could post some original photos Me 262 Red 12 in that paint finish ^&confuse

That's me Neil, and I can't comply as there are none . . . :confused:

I believe there are pictures of this aircraft. Either in one of the 262 books or, similar archive pics maybe a site about Luftwaffe. I recall discussions about Welter especially, the fact that most kills were gained in a non radar manned aircraft and from that pics of the aircraft he used. The Germans loved their pictures. See what I can find
Mitch

That's me Neil, and I can't comply as there are none . . . :confused:

I believe there are pictures of this aircraft. Either in one of the 262 books or, similar archive pics maybe a site about Luftwaffe. I recall discussions about Welter especially, the fact that most kills were gained in a non radar manned aircraft and from that pics of the aircraft he used. The Germans loved their pictures. See what I can find
Mitch

Yes I'd love to see some actual pictures of this aircraft as well since I'll be building my model based on that :smile2:.

Paul think the paint scheme is ok but not sure about the weathering on the nose look a bit heavy

Yes the weathering about the nose and near the cockpit is somewhat dark. I'm more concerned that the tail rudder has the correct contour at its base. In the pictures it seems to show the bottom is more rounded than it needs to be and should be more square at the base. Also the rudder angle line seems a bit sloped and it should be strait. I don't know if this is a result of "optical illusion" in the photos or if that's really what I'm seeing here?

Last edited:
Hopefully Mitch could find some pictures of the real deal.

Hopefully Mitch could find some pictures of the real deal.
Me 262, Volume Three: by J.Richard Smith and Eddie J Creek is a great read on the subject and I will need to get my copy down from the loft

Me 262, Volume Three: by J.Richard Smith and Eddie J Creek is a great read on the subject and I will need to get my copy down from the loft

Neil, what your looking for is in Volume Four . . .:wink2:

Neil, what your looking for is in Volume Four . . .:wink2:
Thought that where you got your information from ,lucky for me I've got all four volumes in the loft :salute::

Any update on when these planes will be shipped ^&confuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back