The German's & their Allies ! (3 Viewers)

One time I asked their Sales & Marketing Chief which ones sold best…Quick as a flash she answered “That’s easy…Germans Number One…British Number Two…Americans Number Three followed closely by French!”

“What about the rest?” I queried “We could put all the rest together and they still would not sell half as many as the Germans."

Now, I’m not saying that is right or correct but from a business point of view it’s worth thinking about.

Andy C.​

Works for me, keep those German forces coming!!!

I still need a Porsche turret Tiger II (with your current quality), a Jagdpanzer IV/L70, a late model Tiger w/ steel road wheels, a new 88mm Flak, a Normandy SdKfz 251, a Brummbar, a SturmTiger, etc, etc, etc,...

Works for me, keep those German forces coming!!!

I still need a Porsche turret Tiger II (with your current quality), a Jagdpanzer IV/L70, a late model Tiger w/ steel road wheels, a new 88mm Flak, a Normandy SdKfz 251, a Brummbar, a SturmTiger, etc, etc, etc,...

Hunter ,

I am with you on all those great suggestions...I know Mitch has been asking for a SturmTiger & Tiger tank w/steel road wheels for some time now , & both would be excellent releases i am sure of that...There is no worry in ever seeing german releases going away...There are some of us that would like to throw a pinch of something else to the mix as well...

Joe

Andy,

I get that a single figure release by Del Prado from another country may not sell well... Why should it ?
What can a collector bank on , with a single foreign country pose ? It just doesn't play well for collector's
To buy a single figure of a different army to add to a diorama or collection...it leaves you feeling empty...I get that German's sell well...but it also comes to a point that I have read history , & know a lot is missing...Do you really believe if you released a limited series or a mini series based on each country that it would be a losing proposition ??? After being on this forum for two years I believe...
I have seen the intelligence of toy soldier collector's...I believed in a 38t release...did that not work well ?
Andy I met & spoke with you in 2000 & we talked about these same things....I get economics & sales & advertising...I also believe that if you lead people will follow...
It's history that I collect...it's a story that has been written...that is how I see it...
I don't really believe you would come out on the losing end if you released limited series releases...it would create incredible buzz !! Just on speculation alone....collector's would be left guessing !? What's next ?? Isn't that what it is all about?
It was a global war...let 's represent it Asa such!,,!
Thanks for responding Andy...you are quite the entrepreneur...& u have run cutting edge...let's just go for something different...I believe if you lead people will follow...

Joe

I don't think it's necessarily a question of doing well or making sales but how well. For a company like K & C, it's meeting a certain sales projection and being able to grow the product and if it doesn't, then it doesn't fit into the profile.

For example, I work for a large pharma company and a few years ago was given the assignment to sell one of our products, which I had always thought had been a good seller. I was told yes it was a good seller but sales had not been meeting projections and management didn't see a future for it so they wanted to find it a home where it could grow, and we could invest the sale proceeds in other products.

Brad

I don't think it's necessarily a question of doing well or making sales but how well. For a company like K & C, it's meeting a certain sales projection and being able to grow the product and if it doesn't, then it doesn't fit into the profile.

For example, I work for a large pharma company and a few years ago was given the assignment to sell one of our products, which I had always thought had been a good seller. I was told yes it was a good seller but sales had not been meeting projections and management didn't see a future for it so they wanted to find it a home where it could grow, and we could invest the sale proceeds in other products.

Brad

Brad ,

Eastern Front has become quite a popular theatre of collecting...Under that Umbrella , would this not make Hungarian , Slovak or Finnish troops desirable to either the dioramist or East Front collector ?! Or am i way off base here ??!? Some AFV release's could be as mentioned a Finnish Stug...Hungarian 38(t)...To me would be quite an atractive release...
The desire to add something unique to your WW2 or Eastern Front Collection or Diorama ?!
Since all these allied german forces have never been done by K&C or by any other Matte Toy Soldier Company how is interest to be gauged ?! I would like to get a poll going , just don't know how to set one up...

Joe

A pic of my lone Romanian infantry ! :(

phpnOuKdhAM.jpg

Joe,

It might but Andy and his financial people may or may not necessarily think so.

Brad

Yes please to some Hungarian and Romanian troops.

In following this thread I was reminded of a sketch Andy did and posted on the forum some time ago. I thought it appropriate to re-post the image.

Attachments

• Andycartoon02.jpg
    Andycartoon02.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 75

In following this thread I was reminded of a sketch Andy did and posted on the forum some time ago. I thought it appropriate to re-post the image.

Hilarious but in many ways true in the conversations that abound. ^&cool

I remember that. Andy gave it out at one of the Chicago Shows and signed it for us. It's a prized possession.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back