The Imperial German Army by Beating Retreat (2 Viewers)

Those figures are flat out awesome, Brad!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool John Firth is an absolute genius with a paint brush!

John's work on the Kaiser is excellent! Thank you, Brad, for the mention, and you're very welcome! I'm glad you've got a nice new addition for your collection. I can't wait to see the rest of the new pieces, too.

Prost!
Brad

Thank you all for the comments.

The next figure is an Officer of the Guard Regiment of Foot of Prussia, wearing a miter cap. This is a Rose casting.

prusgrenyellowmitcap20.jpg

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2000.JPG

Foot Guard Regiments, circa 1890.

IMG_3066.JPG

Garde-Regiment zu Fuss, Potsdam Garrison, taken from The Kaiser's Army by Charles Woolley, which is a wonderful source.

IMG_3070.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful new additions to your collection Brad, please keep the pictures coming :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Prince Ruprecht of Bavaria. This is a Tradition casting. Thanks again to our own Prince, the Baron, for pointing out this figure to me.

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

The Prince in different uniform and with the Kaiser

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

Jäger Officer in Summer Dress

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

Postcard of Jager in summer dress

IMG_3099.JPG

Gefreiter of the Kurhessisches Jäger Battalion Number 11 based in Marburg.

IMG_3098.JPG

Pioneer Battalion Officer

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

Major of the 1. Sachsisches Pionier Battalion Number 12 based in Pirna

IMG_3101.JPG

Last edited:
This really is a wonderfull thread. The miniature painting of beating retreat to me remains the best you may find in the GLOSSY world. With such a painter the subject or historic period simply does not seem to matter at all, his style and class of painting does speak for itself. Having said that I am thrilled that this pleasantly colourful German pre WWI area was choosen for this thread. A big THANK YOU to every proud owner and of cause to the artist to share those fine miniatures with the world. Remainig deeply impressed ...
Will we be invited to meet our Austrian brothers here as well ????
Kind Regards
Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang but all thanks go to John. I would have loved for him to do some Austrian-Hungarian figures but unfortunately (for the collecting world), John is retiring as a painter. I'm deeply indebted to him for these figures. I do have a couple more figures to post.

Brad

Adjutant of Field Artillery

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

Pictured below is an Oberleutnant Grossherzoglische Mecklenburg Feldartillerie-Regiment Number 60 from Schwerin

IMG_3134.JPG

And last, but not least, an Officer of the Gardes du Corps

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

Pictured below are

Rittmeister of the Gardes du Corps from Potsdam
Garde du Corps, from Das deutsche Herr, published by G. Weise, Stuttgart and
Garde du Corps postcard by Carl Becker, published by M. Seeger, Stuttgart

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

Absolutely phenomenal figures, Brad!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool John is the best!:smile2:

Absolutely phenomenal figures, Brad!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool John is the best!:smile2:

Louis, there is no doubt about it.

John, I want to thank you once again for making the Imperial German Army figures. I'm sure I speak for Louis and Zach and anyone else you've made for figures for over the years: thank you for your assistance, dedication, artistry and contribution to the Hobby. You will be missed!

Brad

Louis, there is no doubt about it.

John, I want to thank you once again for making the Imperial German Army figures. I'm sure I speak for Louis and Zach and anyone else you've made for figures for over the years: thank you for your assistance, dedication, artistry and contribution to the Hobby. You will be missed!

Brad
I couldn't have said it better. Thank you John, and best wishes to you and your lovely wife in your retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back