The life of Jesus. (1 Viewer)

I think it is a great idea, although I have no plans to collect the entire line, I certainly may buy a few that catch my eye. It is another example of Andy and Co.’s ingenuity and willingness to take a chance that will breath new life into the hobby.

Ewwww, that is a good one. I am kind of scratching my head on this one. I love the Happy Hippie as much as anyone. Maybe they will sell well during Christmas and Easter. May start a few new collectors

The Life of Jesus line is a fine idea I think, but I will most likely have to pass on this range, but we'll see how it unfolds. The line's development could take many unexpected twists and turns, and should be interesting to chart. But personally, I was hoping the next ancient line would have featured the Greeks, but I'm sure when the time is right, Andy will give the Greeks the K & C treatment in all its splendor, and I will be among the first in line! With that being said, I hope the Life of Jesus line is a big hit for Andy and Co. as others have said it has crossover potential and also could serve as a buying rationale/distractor like Michael said below:p!

Joe

Well Joe, it's the Life of Jesus after all--you will no doubt eventually see Romans for sure if it follows the original book ;) and they definitely mingled with Greeks, Egyptians, Ethiopians etc so you might see Greeks too.
Looking forward to seeing if the "Feeding of the 5,000" makes an appearance. Talk about a massed diorama! :D
Regards,

I personally think this series was a clever idea and I think it will be a very popular series among many traditional collectors and also among new buyers, who don't normally collect military figures. This series ties in perfectly with what I've been collecting. I have been wishing for civilian figures from this era and will be adding some of these figures, animals, etc. to my developing crusades diorama. I wish the folks at K & C much luck with this series. George

Well Joe, it's the Life of Jesus after all--you will no doubt eventually see Romans for sure if it follows the original book ;) and they definitely mingled with Greeks, Egyptians, Ethiopians etc so you might see Greeks too.
Looking forward to seeing if the "Feeding of the 5,000" makes an appearance. Talk about a massed diorama! :D
Regards,

Hi Shannon,

With this being "the age of everything extreme", I think you have really hit on something here....perhaps Gordon can begin working on K & C's first "extreme diormama"....a diorama of Biblical proportions to say the least;)! The "Feeding of the 5,000" King-size & Country historical representation in miniature :p!

Seriously now, it would be great if this new line featured Greeks, Egyptians, Ethiopians, etc. I'm actually quite interested to see how many different figures of Jesus are created depicting him at different times and moments of his life. If this line flourishes and gets exposure outside of the current customer network, it could potentially expand into an entire ongoing segment of K & C. In any case, it's nice to see something unique attempted in the world of toy soldiers and historical miniatures. Kudos to K & C :).

Joe

I personally think this series was a clever idea and I think it will be a very popular series among many traditional collectors and also among new buyers, who don't normally collect military figures. This series ties in perfectly with what I've been collecting. I have been wishing for civilian figures from this era and will be adding some of these figures, animals, etc. to my developing crusades diorama. I wish the folks at K & C much luck with this series. George

I agree. The series is not for me but if K & C do well out of it then fine and I can see the benefit to collectors of ancient warriors.

Don't know what others think but for a nativity set I would want an angel.Would also be interesting to see andy do an angel:cool:

The Schleich Nativity scene figures have sold well since they came out some two or three years ago. I bought them to use in a Nativity scene, and I expect to buy some of the Life of Jesus figures for the same purpose. Aside from their religious use, these figures are great for people with purely historical interests. They would go great with some of the old Roman and even a couple of the Egyptian figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back