the new britain catalogus (1 Viewer)

hoogri

Command Sergeant Major
IMG_6958 - kopie.JPG

receved this week richard

Last edited:
I'm sure sooner or later anything new will be linked to.

Steve

Sorry, I cannot resize the photo
I'll keep trying:mad:

I received mine over a week ago. A nice surprise.

I really like the new format where they provide the historical background for the figures.

I'm bummed though that, out of 72 pages, there are only 4 pages of glossy figures. Its a matte, matte, matte, matte world. :(

I for one will surely miss the Standard. The articles in the Standard would spur my interest in collecting new figures. One article recently was on the Duke of Brunswick. The new catalogue just does not come close to the historical content in the Standard. I understand that is all about the Benjamins. It must be cheaper to combine all in to one mag.

Howard

I for one will surely miss the Standard. The articles in the Standard would spur my interest in collecting new figures. One article recently was on the Duke of Brunswick. The new catalogue just does not come close to the historical content in the Standard. I understand that is all about the Benjamins. It must be cheaper to combine all in to one mag.

Howard

There will still be 3 standards published a year.

There will still be 3 standards published a year.

I hope you are right because that is not the way I understood the explanation of changes. The way I understood it was everything was going to a single publication format with historical info added to the catalogue. Maybe Ken or Ericka could verify your statement.

I hope you are right because that is not the way I understood the explanation of changes. The way I understood it was everything was going to a single publication format with historical info added to the catalogue. Maybe Ken or Ericka could verify your statement.

The ad for the Collectors Club in the 2019 catalog says, under Membership Benefits: "The Standard. Our own full-color triannual magazine, packed full of fascinating facts, hints and tips, with exclusive articles. PLUS the 2019 catalog."

The CC web site says the same thing.

I don't believe they do this forum, but you could always call them.

Agree also, I just sent my 3rd message on their website, hopefully a response this time, curious how many figures like zulu war advertised over 6 months ago coming soon and still waiting.

Thank for the link Bob , interesting could not see nothing of t he 88mm gun in the magazine?

Its a good looking catalogue obviously a lot of work has gone into it unfortunately there's nothing new Napoleonic or War Along The Nile showing for realise this year that will mean only one purchase for me from WB in 24 months (Brunswick sapper a big improvement in painting but a long wait 27 months from announcement ).
Looks like First Legion and Warpark will be taking my money for the foreseeable future, but I live in hope for WB I still love there product there's just nothing to buy and too many false promises on delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back