The other reason for home casting (8 Viewers)

On the Warwick...I got a catalog from him about 10 years ago. To this day, I still think it's the best catalog I've ever seen. He had all the sets he had at that time (and it was a lot...Romans through WW2) in diorama format. The best was a big CW battle...then on another page, there was a line drawing rendition of the batle. with outlined areas of what sets made up the battle. I have thought for a long time that Dutkins' could do better on a catalog if they were shown in a diorama and say "it takes LA-XXX and LA-YYY and LA-WWW, etc to make the scene shown."

I have about 20 sets of Warwick. I have never seen a catalog. Little is known about them.

I see Ron Wall Custer figures, you see lancers? That would be strange I have no pictures of lancers.

You do see my rotten pictures of the Custer figures though, yes? That's what happens when you own a $20.00 digital camera. I resist buying my first real camera as I resist buying a cell phone.

You do see my rotten pictures of the Custer figures though, yes? That's what happens when you own a $20.00 digital camera. I resist buying my first real camera as I resist buying a cell phone.

LOL Hey Ed, they are not that bad for a $20 camera.

As far as resisting goes I did not eben own a computer two years ago.:rolleyes:

I work in systems, so I've had a computer for ages, refuse to get a cell phone though as I have two grown daughters, one of which who thinks she's my mom.

I work in systems, so I've had a computer for ages, refuse to get a cell phone though as I have two grown daughters, one of which who thinks she's my mom.
Hahahhahahahaha LOL oops sorry. Just laughing to hide the pain. My 18 yo went through the same thing about 11 years ago.

I see you have a figure done as a Louisiana Zouave. I just did a Dutkin's as the same. I did red/blue/white striped pants, brown coat with red trim, red fez with dk. blue tassel. I'll send you a pic KV as soon as I outfit him with a rifle.

G

I see you have a figure done as a Louisiana Zouave. I just did a Dutkin's as the same. I did red/blue/white striped pants, brown coat with red trim, red fez with dk. blue tassel. I'll send you a pic KV as soon as I outfit him with a rifle.

G

Looking forward to it.

How do you know he's been kidnapped? He could be in cooperation with the SS. After all, he does know who's been naughty and who's been nice..... I hear Goering gave him clear airspace. And Blitzen??? Come on....it doesn't look too good.

Another reason for casting your own stuff.....

Bought a Herzer with no crew. Guess what???? Uh huh. You got it. Made a torso with head to fit into the hatch. Looks pretty good to me.

Have a good conversion for you guys that are of that ilk. I bought Dutkins' Conf. drummer boy (LA-1411) but could never get the hands with the sticks to come out...what to do, what to do. So... after much thought, I cast the figure then (brace yourselves) cut the hands off flat at the sleeve. With the sleeves now flush (after scraping the ridge and sanding, I drilled each one. Then, I cast the 'parts' for the drummer from Prince August mold 80-19 (French 88th Demi Brigade). I cut off most of the arms (maybe 5 mm back from the cuff end) and then proceeded to make a series of 4 cuts ('top','bottom', and each 'side') to make a drum stick hand where the wrist then lead to a point. I JB-Welded each hand in the drilled sleeve and voilà! New hands for a good mold but poor drumsticks. I'll post pics in a few days if you didn't get the drift...

Have a good conversion for you guys that are of that ilk. I bought Dutkins' Conf. drummer boy (LA-1411) but could never get the hands with the sticks to come out...what to do, what to do. So... after much thought, I cast the figure then (brace yourselves) cut the hands off flat at the sleeve. With the sleeves now flush (after scraping the ridge and sanding, I drilled each one. Then, I cast the 'parts' for the drummer from Prince August mold 80-19 (French 88th Demi Brigade). I cut off most of the arms (maybe 5 mm back from the cuff end) and then proceeded to make a series of 4 cuts ('top','bottom', and each 'side') to make a drum stick hand where the wrist then lead to a point. I JB-Welded each hand in the drilled sleeve and voilà! New hands for a good mold but poor drumsticks. I'll post pics in a few days if you didn't get the drift...

I kind of get it but a pic or two would be nice. Been busy?

Figure looks great sitting in the Hetzer.

Njja

He does doesn't he? I was kind of proud the way that turned out. I got the tank cheap because there were broken parts and no figures. May copy some NMA figures soon for other tanks. One thing though, the piping on the uniform should have been pink. My bad.:p

How do you go about casting a figure like that? Do you make an impression

in clay then pour the molten metal in? Or do you actually carve the mold then

cast the piece?

Either way it came very nice.

Njja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back