The U-96 In Its Entirety (1 Viewer)

All pieces among the U-96 collection:

attachment.php

It's a nice centerpiece but it just doesn't look right not being a complete model but your setup is very nice.
Mark

Great looking set Rob!
I can’t imagine where I’d display a stem to stern model of that sub, beyond the dining room table and Im thinking that’s a big no-go from my wife {sm4}

That is sooooo freakin awesome! Don't mind if I call it mine vicariously through your collection do you??? {sm4}{sm4}

Great looking set Rob!
I can’t imagine where I’d display a stem to stern model of that sub, beyond the dining room table and Im thinking that’s a big no-go from my wife {sm4}

Get rid of the wife problem solved

Great looking set Rob!

This turns up and could be called 'Divorce in a Box'.

LOL, you nailed that one…’happy wife, happy life’ has been my mantra all these years

I like it always have but never purchased as it looks incomplete, why CS never had 2 more pieces on each end to complete the UBOAT

??????

To me the front of the sub crashing through the waves is iconic.
Mark

The front and back are not under water so looks incomplete, its fabulaous but to me incomplete, would have been easy for CS to create the bow and stern, why not ??

The front and back are not under water so looks incomplete, its fabulaous but to me incomplete, would have been easy for CS to create the bow and stern, why not ??

This question has come up before and the response was that the bow and stern sections would have been too long if the scale was accurate. In my opinion, let the buyer decide if the sections would be too long or not, but offer it as an option.

Maybe someone out there with the current setup could do the math as to just how long the bow and stern sections would need to be if to scale?

Added a couple more sections to get it closer, now full length of the shelf, 1.2m. No room for front and rear for me. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4804.jpg
    DSCN4804.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 120
As long as Rob is happy with it, that’s all that counts.

Great set up and regarding the stern, etc, kind of a who cares moment for me. The tower is such a focal iconic point. That is where my eye goes right away.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back