The War Park Nashorn (AX010) is Fantastic (1 Viewer)

tmanthegreat

Master Sergeant
I recently got the new War Park Nashorn tank (AX010) and it’s easily one of their best models! The detailing is superb and the model has War Park’s usual high level of functionality with the opening hatches, rolling tracks, and the gun that elevates/traverses. The inclusion of the full crew was also a very nice feature. The model feels a tad light compared to some of the other War Part Panzer IV-based vehicles. Watch out with the driver and radio operator hatches as well... Both came stuck shut on my vehicle and had to be pried open with an exacto knife. Otherwise, this is an excellent model and well worth getting 😎

3-E94-B9-B7-0895-4757-98-BD-05-CABF5-F1-B09.jpg

1-C015-F8-A-9-B87-4-AE4-BA93-37-BF8-FDA9-F7-E.jpg

25-BF71-AC-68-F9-4878-972-A-070-F687-B7037.jpg

D8-DB6713-9046-43-AF-9-C98-BF83-FAEE8-B62.jpg

I've written it before, I'm a big fan of the tanks and figures War Park brings out,
but many of the figures or better the uniforms seem too clean on me.

The Nashorn was mobile artillery and the crew should be wearing field grey not black. The Figarti Nashorn crew were in the correct field grey uniforms. Late in the war crews wore whatever was available so mixed uniform colors were not uncommon.

The Nashorn was mobile artillery and the crew should be wearing field grey not black. The Figarti Nashorn crew were in the correct field grey uniforms. Late in the war crews wore whatever was available so mixed uniform colors were not uncommon.

That's not correct at all.

The Nashorn was a heavy tank destroyer and equipped schwere Pazerjaeger units. Pazerjaeger were authorized to wear black Panzer uniforms.

Nothing inaccurate about how they did the crew.

The Panzer Jager IV and Jagdpanther crews wore Fieldgrau. Figarti, JJD, Honor Bound and King and Country all supplied figures with their Panzerjager in Fieldgrau; they will be interested to learn they were in error!

That's not correct at all.

The Nashorn was a heavy tank destroyer and equipped schwere Pazerjaeger units. Pazerjaeger were authorized to wear black Panzer uniforms.

Nothing inaccurate about how they did the crew.

That looks very well done, figures and the AFV. Thank you for posting the photos. War Park is well passed the time of needing their own thread on the forum. There's just a lot of great stuff routinely coming out from them.

Joe

The Panzer Jager IV and Jagdpanther crews wore Fieldgrau. Figarti, JJD, Honor Bound and King and Country all supplied figures with their Panzerjager in Fieldgrau; they will be interested to learn they were in error!

Well, I won't speak for the other manufacturer's, but I have it on good authority those JJD Jagdpanther figures are actually in reed green HBT uniforms and the Jagdpanther commander was in black since it's historically accurate.

Again, there's nothing incorrect about War Park depicting them in black uniforms. They do not have to be in Feldgrau as you asserted. As a schwere Panzerjäger unit, s.Pz.Jg.Abt 525 personnel were authorized to wear black panzer uniforms. Below are pics of Panzerjäger sporting black uniforms. The Nashorn pics are from the same unit War Park depicted.

I didn't say Pazerjager HAD to be in black, but it was authorized for the heavy Pazerjager units, ones attached to Panzer divisions, etc.

Nashorn_Italy_1944_5.jpg

Nashorn_211_525_Italy.jpg

Nashorn_Italy_1944_3.jpg

camouflaged_Panzerjager_Nashorn-Hornisse_Italy_3.jpg

Panzerjager_Marder_II_2.jpg

Last edited:
762cm_PaK_36r_Panzerjager_Marder_II_Sd.Kfz_.132.jpg

Marder_IID_SdKfz_132.jpg

Marder_II_crew.jpg

[img/https://www.worldwarphotos.info/wp-content/gallery/germany/tanks/marder/marder-II.jpg[/img]
388ec5855991406aa4ce6a703195e3b9.jpg

The new winter Nashorn looks great. The jagdpanzer troops were definitely fond of their black panzer uniforms. As the years went along some unIts used more field gray as it was better camo.
But right up to the end of the war, some units were uniformly wearing their black wraps. I'm a big fan of Nashorn ace Albert Ernst. Researching his history for a Nashorn crew in 1/6 scale, I came across an amazing video on youtube. Google "Youtube Albert Ernst surrender 512th Heavy Tank Iserlohn"
You will see some incredible videos of the shcwere JagdPanzer Abt 512 as they surrendered their Jagdtigers to an American unit in the town of Iserlohn. There are several videos and after careful review (several interesting current day videos and discussion in the Axishistory Forum), they are not in chronological order, but of special interest is how the Jagdpanzer troops all line up and for something that happened in April 16 of 1945, the uniformity and smartness of the troops is amazing. Also of note on a ne of the videos is a video as the troops leave the town, on their vehicles to the detention area. In the column there is a White Scout Car that I used as inspiration for a 1/6 version. Not sure if it was captured on the Eastern front from the Soviets. I was reaserching a Nashorn crew for late Spring/early Summer 1944, so I refrained from "mix and matching" camo and field gray items after seeing these videos. You do see the hbt fieldgray uniforms, spacialy the trousers, which were used over the black in colder weather, or by itself in the summer months. Also several "kombi" type overalls. Ernst is wearing what looks like one kombi in black or very dark gray... But check out the video... at least on this unit it was black wraps... The exploits of Albert Ernst in early 1944 in his Nashorn are worth a read. ("Panzer Aces: German Tank Commanders in WWII" by Franz Kurowski)

Last edited:
War Park is definitely the best builder of both figures and tanks. It's obvious.

War Park is definitely the best builder of both figures and tanks. It's obvious.

I agree and think War Park is the best builder of tanks, and the figures are really great too, but I just can't collect someone who makes nothing but Germans. (I tried, but it doesn't work for me.) I know that's their thing, but I like having good and bad buys, and I like the figures to somewhat match. So unless WP starts making British, Russian, US, etc armor and figures, I'm not interested in converting my collection to all Germans. The war is so much more to me than an appreciation of amazing German engineering. That being said, I do think WP's model making is the best. JJD's KT looks absolutely incredible, but I don't think they're planning on rolling out a bunch of WWII armor after it. I'm hoping TG continues with armor production, because I like their crisp, detailed style, and I think their WWII figures are sculpted and painted the best.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back