Thomas Gunn WW1 Suggestion (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
I think T Gunn should follow on the Gotha with a Zeppelin Giant! The wingspan on the Gotha was 24m, while the Giant is a whopping 42m. I just recently saw a model at the Air and Space Museum in DC.

The Gotha is certainly impressive in its own right!

Tom

I think T Gunn should follow on the Gotha with a Zeppelin Giant! The wingspan on the Gotha was 24m, while the Giant is a whopping 42m. I just recently saw a model at the Air and Space Museum in DC.

The Gotha is certainly impressive in its own right!

Tom
It would certainly be the ultimate WW1 air beast. The Zeppelin-Staaken R. VI had a wingspan of 138', nearly equal to the B-29's 141' wingspan. What a perfect name...Giant. I want to salute the collector that could buy and display such an aircraft. -- Al

Since TG makes things in 1/30, I can't see that as a possibility. Very few could exhibit that.

Since TG makes things in 1/30, I can't see that as a possibility. Very few could exhibit that.

I have the Gotha, if they made the Giant, I would find room!!! The model at Air & Space was just too cool.

TD

I have around 20 wooden planes and am tapped out on room.

I'm sure that if TG made three or so, they'd probably sell.

Tom, what was the wingspan, in inches, of your Gotha? I know it's pretty large. I don't know how TGM, or anyone else for that matter, could do the Staaken R VI and that huge wingspan in wood without some kind of stiffeners (or some other kind of support) to prevent warpage and twisting, on both upper and lower wings. It would be fascinating to see it done and how it was achieved. As Brad says, if TGM does produce one, I'm sure they could sell a few of them. -- Al

Hey Tom

I believe TGM is still accepting orders if you want to have something made in particular. You should consider contacting Vicki if you are really serious on this.

Best regards
C

Hey Tom

I believe TGM is still accepting orders if you want to have something made in particular. You should consider contacting Vicki if you are really serious on this.

Best regards
C

YA, I know it, I am working on a few specials as we speak. Due to finances, this will have to be a later request! It would be interesting to see if it is feasible, I have no idea what the museum model was made of as it was hanging, but I do know it was on a scale of 1/32 or 1/48, just not sure.

here is a link and some info - https://airandspace.si.edu/multimedia-gallery/web10603-2006640jpg See why I want one!!!!

TD

YA, I know it, I am working on a few specials as we speak. Due to finances, this will have to be a later request! It would be interesting to see if it is feasible, I have no idea what the museum model was made of as it was hanging, but I do know it was on a scale of 1/32 or 1/48, just not sure.

here is a link and some info - https://airandspace.si.edu/multimedia-gallery/web10603-2006640jpg See why I want one!!!!

TD

The NASM Staaken is 1/16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back