Thoughts about Incas (1 Viewer)

Does anyone want some Incas? And what type? Do you want soldiers of ceremonial figures or both?
Would be interesting to hear from other potential collectors.
Paddy

While I can only collect so much, Incas would be an interesting subset for John’s Conquest of the Americas line. He could do figures relating to that historic moment from the Battle of Cajamarca in November 1532 when Pizarro captured the Incan emperor Atahualpa. There’s a famous painting of that moment by Peruvian painter Juan Lepiani:

IMG-2500.png

John would do Incas well. Di you have some intel Paddy, or are you just speculating and wishing for Incas?

John would do Incas well. Di you have some intel Paddy, or are you just speculating and wishing for Incas?

Since there was an introductory sketch of an Inca in the Advent Calendar, I believe it's a safe bet that John will be doing a sub range of the Conquest of America range with them.

Mike

Since there was an introductory sketch of an Inca in the Advent Calendar, I believe it's a safe bet that John will be doing a sub range of the Conquest of America range with them.

Mike

Sounds like John is going to be very busy once again with new releases, I look forward to seeing what other ranges or sub ranges John releases this coming year, hoping there will be something in the Rome and her Enemies range !

Sounds like John is going to be very busy once again with new releases, I look forward to seeing what other ranges or sub ranges John releases this coming year, hoping there will be something in the Rome and her Enemies range !

Well... Steve, there will be Hannibal's light skirmishers that we know of. In the advent calendar sketches just released we can foresee Celtiberian Scutarius, Roman Auxiliary Cavalry and Germanic Cavalry.

Loads of potential from all accounts.

Cheers,
Grey

Incas aren't my particular cup of tea. In 2024, I'm most excited to see how John develops the recently previewed Bunker Hill sub-series of the American War of Independence.

Brendan

Will probably pass on Incas, I'm content with the Aztecs and Spaniards I've collected already. As a matter of fact, a number of JJD lines, for me have reached a very satisfactory point of completion with little reason or space to add to them. - Still collecting JJD's WWII AVFs and will definitely collect the upcoming ZULU WAR.

I think we may have to skip Incas ourselves. Which means we have nobody - not a soul - from S. America.
So be it.
Pat & Paddy

Nope, Aztec are enough, rather than having too many periods concentrate on unique poses for current periods

I would be happy to collect Incas if released by John. But then I love variety in my collection.

I think with this range, as with many of JJD ranges, some people will not know they want to collect it until they see the actual figures, i was the that way with the Aztecs and the Almoravids and recently with the Seige of Malta range. Plus need to know there is going to be a decent amount of figures released to make it worthwhile.

John has an excellent diverse range, which is keeping a lot of collectors happy, my collection is Aztezs, Almoravids, WW1 French, Saxons, Vikings, Rome's Enemies, Jacobites, WW1 Ground crew [go great with T Gunn planes], the odd WW2 German, plus Seige of Malta [only have 2, but will get more]. Not sure on Incas, will have to see them 'in the flesh' and then decide, but i am looking forward to the new ranges, will be interesting to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back