TM Terrain 3 foot square Luftwaffe Airfield Blast Pen Diorama (1 Viewer)

Louis Badolato

Lieutenant General
When I was lucky enough to obtain a 1:32 scale Heco Tinplate Models Junkers JU52, thanks to a tip from good friend Peter Clarke at the OTSN Chicago Show, I commissioned David to make me a three-foot square Luftwaffe airfield/blast pen diorama to display the Junkers, and some other Heco WWII German figures and equipment. David, as usual, did a fantastic job, and here is the result, peopled with Heco Tinplate Models aircraft, figures and other equipment:

Attachments

• Heco Junkers Diorama 4.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 4.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 2.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 978
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 1.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 867
That's a monster of a plane. The terrain board really does justice to it. :salute::, Robin.

That's a monster of a plane. The terrain board really does justice to it. :salute::, Robin.

I have the King & Country mohagony Junkers JU52 made back in the early 1990's. I wonder if I could fit both on the diorama for a comparison shot?

A little juggling, but I am sure you will find a way. The wings can overhang the board in some parts. It will look pretty cool with two of them. Robin.

Very nice Louis but how in the hell did you find the room to squeeze it into your mancave! Seriously mate, you have to hold your breath to move around up there..^&grin

Tom

Very nice Louis but how in the hell did you find the room to squeeze it into your mancave! Seriously mate, you have to hold your breath to move around up there..^&grin

Tom

Don't I know it, Tom! Its a good thing I lost north of 75 lbs. or I wouldn't fit anymore myself.{sm3} For the record, I moved three Heco planes off of a small table adjacent to the banquette in the back left corner of the room, and put the diorama on the table and banquette. It just barely fit!{sm4}

Even in collecting, ignorance can be bliss. This is gorgeous and I am happy I did not know about these models. I would have been so tempted. Congratulations to a great acquisition.

Even in collecting, ignorance can be bliss. This is gorgeous and I am happy I did not know about these models. I would have been so tempted. Congratulations to a great acquisition.

If you really want to lose your bliss, check out the Heco Tinplate Models thread on the other glossy manufacturers subforum. Heco made some amazing models!:smile2:

A couple of more closeups of the diorama . . .

Attachments

• Heco Junkers Diorama 5.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 5.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 442
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 6.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 6.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 7.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 7.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 520
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 8.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 8.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 532
Certainly makes the V1 look small. That's one beautiful bird. You are lucky to own this. Robin.

Certainly makes the V1 look small. That's one beautiful bird. You are lucky to own this. Robin.

Thanks Robin!:smile2: It was one of the two Heco pieces I most wanted. Now if I could only find the Heco German WWI Gunboat . . . {sm4}

A little juggling, but I am sure you will find a way. The wings can overhang the board in some parts. It will look pretty cool with two of them. Robin.

Robin,

As you requested . . . a comparison of the Heco Tinplate and K&C mahogany Junkers JU52 Models, both produced in the early to mid-1990's:

Attachments

• Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 1.jpg
    Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 567
  • Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 2.jpg
    Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 588
The diorama photographed by my son Alec:
attachment.php

Some more photos by Alec:

Attachments

• Heco Fiesler Storch in situ 4.jpg