Totenkopf for GJB22 (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
GJB22...
Here are some shots of the AK field howitzer repainted into the Totenkopf 8artillery regiment.

Decals were made by myself on computer and, transfer paper onto the figure. Sorry my photography is at an early stage of development (no pun)
Mitch

Attachments

• TK (13).jpg
    TK (13).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 285
  • TK (7).jpg
    TK (7).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 284
  • TK (9).jpg
    TK (9).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 279
  • TK (4).jpg
    TK (4).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 277
  • TK (5).jpg
    TK (5).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 269
Mitch they look great, I never would have thought to go that route for collar patches. I'm no painter, but I could do definitely do that.

Wow, GREAT repaint job ! The decal work you did is awesome.
mike

Very good work! I really like the detail and the use of the transfer decals is brilliant. Also like the gunner arming/setting up the fuze on the shell. Nice attention to detail

Dave

Guys...

Thanks for the comments. The hardest part is getting the decal for the collar patches the right size without losing the definition or, there is no point. Once done its easier than painting it all by hand which, takes an age
Mitch

Mitch they look great, I never would have thought to go that route for collar patches. I'm no painter, but I could do definitely do that.

Really a great job on the repaint and especially those collar patches. Very creative way to do those tiny markings and still have definition. The detail is just outstanding. -- Al

wwiibuff/Mapleleaf...

Thanks for that.

MaterJace...

I take a scan of in this case a totenkopf deaths head shrink it down with graphics on the computer to the size I want and when thats done I use decal paper bought from the art shops to run through the printer. If you use a normal printer you have to use a fixant to stop the decals dissolving in the water before application. You can buy the fixant in all good art shops in a spray can. A laser printer which I use does not have the same problem and you just print cut out and apply.

I now make my own flags etc street signs anything really that will go through a printer and now for flags you can buy printable cotton which is perfect for flags

Hard part is getting the resizing of the image down to 1/30th lots of trial and error but, its easier than spending hours and hours handpainting them onto collars.
Mitch

How do you make the decals on the computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back