Toy Army Workshop by Fleurbaix T-Model New Black version. (2 Viewers)

WE WILL TAKE ON THE COMMENT OF THE PICTURES WHICH ARE NOT GOOD!

WE WILL ALSO POST SOME OF ORIGINALS WITH FELURBAIX'S VERSION - WHICH THEN ALL CAN SEE!!! AL FISHER WROTE ON THIS POST AND HIS QUOTE IS AS FOLLOWS Interesting that you say that as the finish on the original TAW vehicles was not that good. Fortunately, Graham was willing to sell gthem unpainted at a reduced rate so that I wounldn't have to strip and repaint.

Al
THANKS FR GREG
FLEURBAIX TOY SOLDIERS

Looking forward to that, honestly.
Time will tell.
Konrad

Last edited by a moderator:
WE WILL TAKE ON THE COMMENT OF THE PICTURES WHICH ARE NOT GOOD!

WE WILL ALSO POST SOME OF ORIGINALS WITH FELURBAIX'S VERSION - WHICH THEN ALL CAN SEE!!! AL FISHER WROTE ON THIS POST AND HIS QUOTE IS AS FOLLOWS Interesting that you say that as the finish on the original TAW vehicles was not that good. Fortunately, Graham was willing to sell gthem unpainted at a reduced rate so that I wounldn't have to strip and repaint.

Al
THANKS FR GREG
FLEURBAIX TOY SOLDIERS

Greg,

thanks for your response to many of the comments made in this Forum.

I hope that you accepted some of my comments and suggestions that I sent to you privately too, including the issue of the imagery that is showing your TAW products. I'm really looking forward to the comparison photos so we can all see the original and the new, and then make an informed assement.

As they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

regards,

John

2009_1130misc0009.jpg

2009_1130misc0008.jpg

2009_1130misc0007.jpg

2009_1130misc0006.jpg

2009_1130misc0005.jpg

Heres my TAW Staff car.

Rob

Good pictures Rob - that looks a great item. I know you have a pretty good collection of TAW items - it'd be good to see more of your stuff.

Good pictures Rob - that looks a great item. I know you have a pretty good collection of TAW items - it'd be good to see more of your stuff.

Hey James,thanks,great minds my friend,great minds!.I have just printed off a really famous pic of Chateau wood with some Tommies crossing waterlogged no mans land.I am going to build a scene like this and start to display my collection.Watch this space!;).

See you on Saturday!

Rob

That was my line of thinking. The original TAW figures have wonderful sculpts and look good in groups but the painting on individual figures was only so-so. It's not that high a standard to live up to. WW1 uniforms weren't too complicated so they got away with this fine. I do think their artillery and vehicles were pretty nicely painted though.

In terms of Fleurbaix, I anticipated there might be a learning curve involved so I only got one figure as a test, and ordered the gun separate from its crew. I've been trying to get an 8inch howitzer for years and am not willing to pay ebay prices (and I've only ever seen one on ebay once), so I could not pass up an opportunity to get one even if it is a reproduction of sorts. As long as it looks reasonably good I'll be happy. Also I believe Fleurbaix is charging less than TAW did for the same piece, and that's not even counting inflation.

When I (hopefully) get it I'll post pics - should be enlightening.

Hi I know it has been a while since you posted this note, but I was curious to know if the TAW reproductions made by Fleurbaix did fare any better than what we saw on the photos published, and are a fraction in quality to the original TAW.

I doubt that Fleurbaix will respond as after this post he disappeared from the forum. Guess he couldn't take the criticism.

I checked his website and there have been no changes nor price postings.

Maybe he's bouncing around on another forum?

We heard a quiet whisper here down-under that he moved addresses.

Craig & Jason
WETS
Australia

It's interesting having looked at his site that it was designed by "Rose". With the same graphics as the figure maker who last had the Rose tooling.

So very confusing.

What a pity that TAW is truly no more.

Most of the photographs are from the original companies archives and show the figures how they were when in full production. Trooper

Most of the photographs are from the original companies archives and show the figures how they were when in full production. Trooper

Hi Trooper,

Any news if Faurbaix is gone for good and we just need to assume that the great molds he bought from TAW and Mountford are lost and at this stage sold for scrap metal..................{sm5}:(:eek::mad:{sm2}

Hi Trooper,

Any news if Faurbaix is gone for good and we just need to assume that the great molds he bought from TAW and Mountford are lost and at this stage sold for scrap metal..................{sm5}:(:eek::mad:{sm2}

Hi Luiz,
There has been no further news than has been seen on this thread. It would appear that whatever Fleurbaix has in mind he is not yet prepared to sell anything on. In the meantime keep your eye on Yeomanry, there's some cracking WW1 stuff in the course of production, with quite extensive plans for the New Year. Brian has commissioned Dave Love of Mountford to bring out new items that should keep you happy for a bit. Brian should have an extensive display at the London show and I will try to get as many photos as possible to post up for you. Trooper

Hi Luiz,
There has been no further news than has been seen on this thread. It would appear that whatever Fleurbaix has in mind he is not yet prepared to sell anything on. In the meantime keep your eye on Yeomanry, there's some cracking WW1 stuff in the course of production, with quite extensive plans for the New Year. Brian has commissioned Dave Love of Mountford to bring out new items that should keep you happy for a bit. Brian should have an extensive display at the London show and I will try to get as many photos as possible to post up for you. Trooper

I just hope he has a functioning web site or e mail.
How do you get in contact with him?

Hi Luiz,

Hi Trooper,

Thank you very much for both notes. I will be a very very happy camper seeung the pics. For out here, my eyes into the London show are the photos you and the memebers load to the site! Some day I need to squeeze a budget to be with you all at the event and personally met the crew...........
Regards,
Luiz:salute::

Hi Trooper,

Thank you very much for both notes. I will be a very very happy camper seeung the pics. For out here, my eyes into the London show are the photos you and the memebers load to the site! Some day I need to squeeze a budget to be with you all at the event and personally met the crew...........
Regards,
Luiz:salute::

Luiz, you would be very welcome {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn

Hi I know it has been a while since you posted this note, but I was curious to know if the TAW reproductions made by Fleurbaix did fare any better than what we saw on the photos published, and are a fraction in quality to the original TAW.

Sorry for not seeing your question until now. About two years ago, communicating through this forum, I put an order in to Fleurbaix for over $125 for a TAW 8 inch howitzer and officer figure. I paid up front but never received the items nor follow-up communication (after promises the items were indeed sent). I was basically scammed by this fellow. One of several events that dampened my enthusiasm for this hobby.

Sorry for not seeing your question until now. About two years ago, communicating through this forum, I put an order in to Fleurbaix for over $125 for a TAW 8 inch howitzer and officer figure. I paid up front but never received the items nor follow-up communication (after promises the items were indeed sent). I was basically scammed by this fellow. One of several events that dampened my enthusiasm for this hobby.

Hi Canadian Samurai,

Do not feel bad......you were just an unfortunate victim of a slizy dealer.......
I myself was connned by guys in the UK saying that they could provide me with such and such set, I paid for and never saw the set......100% write off!!!!!
But these are a minority, most of the manufacturers that deal with us such as Craig ( WETs) , Brian ( Yeomanry ), Mike ( Little Legion ), The Treefrog Team...Royal, to mention a few are friends and go the extra mile to help us collectors.....do not let ONE ROTTEN APPLE make you feel bad about the great fun of collecting......{sm4}{sm0}:eek::salute::{sm0}
Regards,
Artillery_Crazy

I had the exact same experience in a transaction with this individual.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back