Toysoldiers in Paris (1 Viewer)

Poppo

2nd Lieutenant
Some photos of toysoldiers shops in Paris.:tongue:

20171223_161649.jpg

Hi Poppo,
Add to the thread the address of these shops! Would like to have them on my sights also...cheers:salute:::salute::
A_C

I visited one store there close to the Louvre, as I remember it. La Solda 'Telis is up by the Arc de Triomphe...

Hello AC. The first 3 photos are from the shop: " Au plat d' etain". Brands: CBG Mignot, Lucotte, Tradition of London, Marlborough, etc ... www.auplatdetain.sitew.com/
The last photo is the shop" Les drapeaux de France" https://www.lesdrapeauxdefrance.com/:salute::

All well worth a visit, even just for window shopping :)

John

Thanks Poppo and John,
Will add to my list for sure! most likely just for window shopping.......got a tremendous back log with John right now...:salute:::salute:::salute::...by the time the Feb 2018 load arrives down under I guess we will be totally booked for the 2018/19 season...
Cheers
Luiz

I visited one store there close to the Louvre, as I remember it. La Solda 'Telis is up by the Arc de Triomphe...

The one near the Louvre, is still incredibly expensive, and much, much less choice! Before it had a lot of soldiers, now, very little and mostly napoleonics( first legion)! Also it doesn't have dioramas anymore( only one now)
.{sm2}

The one near the Louvre, is still incredibly expensive, and much, much less choice! Before it had a lot of soldiers, now, very little and mostly napoleonics( first legion)! Also it doesn't have dioramas anymore( only one now)
.{sm2}

Actually, Andy Neilson turned me on to the one by the Louvre. I stumbled across it a day later as my wife and I were sightseeing... the name escapes me. I collect WWII, and it had next to nothing for me, so I didn't pay much attention to prices of what they did have (and it was a LOT for such a small store).

Actually, Andy Neilson turned me on to the one by the Louvre. I stumbled across it a day later as my wife and I were sightseeing... the name escapes me. I collect WWII, and it had next to nothing for me, so I didn't pay much attention to prices of what they did have (and it was a LOT for such a small store).

Exactly, it has zero ww2.

Remember that you can get the de-tax in France on anything you buy (there is a minimum threshold but I think it's in the 100 Euros in one place..). This gives you nearly a 20% discount. You have to be non-Euro resident though. Also you can try to bargain a little especially if you buy a few soldiers. I did both of that 10 years ago at Les Drapeaux de France when I was building my 26 Napoleonic Marshalls set and besides the de-tax they gave me 1 free TS for every 10 I bought. Don't know if they would still do the latter though but you have nothing to lose by asking :wink2:

Remember that you can get the de-tax in France on anything you buy (there is a minimum threshold but I think it's in the 100 Euros in one place..). This gives you nearly a 20% discount. You have to be non-Euro resident though. Also you can try to bargain a little especially if you buy a few soldiers. I did both of that 10 years ago at Les Drapeaux de France when I was building my 26 Napoleonic Marshalls set and besides the de-tax they gave me 1 free TS for every 10 I bought. Don't know if they would still do the latter though but you have nothing to lose by asking :wink2:
I visited Le Drapeaux de France near the Louvre in September. It is quite the Alladin's Cave for toy soldiers though nothing WWII as you say. The prices are staggering but the sheer spectacle makes the visit worthwhile. Loads of Napoleonic Figurines and many more colourful periods. And the beautifully painted flats were a standout. The shop has very little room to move around and the displays are floor to ceiling. Difficult to assess but there must be millions of dollars on display. When you get tired of looking, there is a bar/cafe next door so you can have a drink while considering the options. All round good experience.

Exactly, it has zero ww2.

No they only have 'colourful' figures, like NAPOLEONICS !!!

These were take in June this year I visited Le Drapeaux de France .....

drap1.jpg
drap2.jpg
drap5.jpg

and inside the shop ...

drap3.jpg drap4.jpg

John

If you like military miniatures and waterline ships Paris is a wonderful city to visit. The Louvre, Hotel de Invalids (Pardon my spelling) and sights and shops around the city make it a trip to remember. We usually rent an apartment for a couple of weeks and just take our time enjoying ourselves.
Unfortunately we have not been back for several years, but I look forward to taking my new grandson in the future.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back