Treefrog Treasures Forum First Anniversary! (1 Viewer)

Happy Anniversary and a great big thank you for the forum.:)
This forum has brought together people from around the globe with the same interest. Most of us have not seen each other in person, a few at Toy
Soldier Shows. Yet we chat with each other like life long friends.

Think about this. People do care about a person they don't really know all that well. For me it gives me a place to chat with people that Like the the things I do.

Thank you Shannon & Pete

Happy anniversary! This forum has been, and continues to be, a highlight of my day. Forget starting the day with coffee, I check the forum instead. :D Thanks for everything!
Justin

Thanks for the very informative forum. I,ve learned alot here and in return I try to help out others with what I can. I think this forum is lots of fun and always keeps me on top of whats new and helps lead me to what i,ve been looking for. Too bad every one lives so far apart or we could have an anniversary party every year.

Thanks Pete & Shannon, I remember calling you a day or two before this forum started when you told me about it. It has been 1000 times better than I thought.
Best of all was meeting a big group of members at last years OTSN.
Every day when I check my favorite places on the computer I save this forum for last, as it is my favorite.
Thanks again,
Gary

Thanks again Treefrog. The forum, as many have already stated has allowed us a place to meet new collectors and talk toy soldiers. Life is good!!! Looking forward to another new year of interesting topics in our little world of toy soldier collecting.......

I remember when Shannon asked me if a toy soldier forum would be a cool idea. I was shocked and happy. Shocked because I had been thinking of creating one myself a month or two before and happy because now I didn't have to create one myself. Happy Anniversary!

Hello Shannon:

What a genius you were creating this site. Yeah, yeah, yeah there are all kinds of special interest forums on the Net but this one is cool and run by great people. Please keep the special gift because I've been experiencing it over the last 6 months since I've joined the forum.

I wish you continued best fortune to you and your family. Thank you and Happy Anniversary,

Carlos

A few anniversary stats:
Newest member to the forums[Gerry]
Record online users230 (06-06-2005 11:11 AM)(I question the validity of this number--I wonder if we were just overrun by search engine spiders that day)
Top poster[jazzeum - 1919]
Second highest poster Louis Badolato - 796
Most replied to thread[Mindfield Trivia Question of the Day]
Most viewed thread[Mindfield Trivia Question of the Day]
Most popular forum[King & Country]
Most new member signups-April 22 and 28th 2005 tie with 6 new members each.
Most users posting in a day - 80 on March 15, 2006
Most posts in a day - 204 on March 15th, 2006
Earliest forum members - Shannon and Pete Reuss (are you surprised?:) )
Alexdakar, Fullyautomatic, gk5717 & victory
We have truly become a global community on this forum. We have members from:
USA
Canada
France
Hungary
United Kingdom
Australia
Germany
Italy
Spain
Netherlands
New Zealand
Argentina
Hong Kong
China
Poland
Ireland - sorry Joe, momentary lapse!
I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so let us know where you are!

Last edited:
wadepat said:
Shannon and Pete,

Congratulations on a successful year for the forum! The opportunity to participate on the forum has meant a great deal to me. Let me briefly explain...

I live in an area in which no Toy Soldier Shops exist. It is a seven hour drive to the nearest brick and mortar store and it is a trip I very seldom make. Further, very few collectors exist near where I live, thereby making the internet my chief means of studying, discovering, learning, and purchasing toy soldiers.

The Treefrog Forum has allowed me to interact with other collectors around the country and around the world. As a result, I have learned loads and have made many new, good friends. Additionally, I know I have become better informed and a better collector. I genuinely and deeply appreciate the opportunity you have provided me and other collectors.

Best wishes for a long and productive experience with this remarkable forum!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Dear Pat,
You've summed up exactly why we started this forum--to connect collectors from all over, especially those in areas where they are far from hobby shops and other toy soldier enthusiasts. So many of you are incredibly knowledgeable and talented it would be a shame not to pool your collective resources to strengthen the hobby. Thank you all for joining the forum. A huge thanks to all the manufacturers for joining as well and making this a place where collectors can be heard and feedback and suggestions can be made.
Warm regards to all,

Chuck Harris said:
Shannon you left out Ireland the home land of Cannonfodder
I remembered after pondering for awhile and came back to add him and you had beat me to it. Couldn't forget CannonFodder1971 --he has been with us on the forum since the first week.

Congratulations Shannon, Pete and all the staffs at Treefrog, for this succesfull forum and thanks for choosing Patriot for this special event.
Robert

Shannon Reuss said:
I remembered after pondering for awhile and came back to add him and you had beat me to it. Couldn't forget CannonFodder1971 --he has been with us on the forum since the first week.

You forgot Belgium as well!!!!:mad: :rolleyes: Anyways happy birthday again.

And Malta. I forgot Malta. Sorry tora7770!
The way I checked for countries was by country code at the end of your email addresses. If you have an address that doesn't list your country code I probably missed you.
Anyone else?

Shannon Reuss said:
And Malta. I forgot Malta. Sorry tora7770!
The way I checked for countries was by country code at the end of your email addresses. If you have an address that doesn't list your country code I probably missed you.
Anyone else?

The Commonwealth of Massachussetts!:D It's a whole 'nother country:rolleyes:

Fred

Since I had to miss the anniversary being out of town, the door prizes will now commence:

1st $25 gift certificate to Treefrog Treasures goes to....

panda1gen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back