Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (4 Viewers)

14th November 1899 - The train is ready to move out

Cheers

Martyn:)

Dear Martyn,

If you ever have a mental snap and wake up wanting to sell this great train set......I will take the first plane over to you to buy it.......{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
It is a fantastic little piece of history on its own,congratulations in having found it and kept it in such a prestine state.
Cheers
Luiz

Fantastic action movie ....Young Wiston Churchill if I am not mistaken....pitty great films like this one are no longer made!!:salute:::salute::

Absolutely correct Luis, action from Malakand to the Boer War....with the 21st Lancers at Omdurman in between {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Dear Martyn,

If you ever have a mental snap and wake up wanting to sell this great train set......I will take the first plane over to you to buy it.......{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
It is a fantastic little piece of history on its own,congratulations in having found it and kept it in such a prestine state.
Cheers
Luiz

Many thanks Luiz :salute::

Cheers

February 1900 - City Imperial Volunteers screw gun section go into action

Cheers

Very nice set Martyn:salute:::salute::
I know that the rock grouping and back drop are JG Miniatures, but could not figure out the ground base? It is very nice indeed. I have a desert mat from Diorama but this one of yours is just more detailed........
Cheers
Luiz

February 1900 - City Imperial Volunteers screw gun section go into action

Cheers

Very nice set Martyn:salute:::salute::
I know that the rock grouping and back drop are JG Miniatures, but could not figure out the ground base? It is very nice indeed. I have a desert mat from Diorama but this one of yours is just more detailed........
Cheers
Luiz

Many thanks Luiz :salute:: the ground base came from JG Miniatures as well

Cheers

May 27th 1900 - Seaforth Highlanders on the march to Roodepoort

Cheers

July 1900 - A Naval Brigade 4.7 gun is towed into position using a steam tractor

Cheers

July 1900 - A Naval Brigade 4.7 gun is towed into position using a steam tractor

Cheers

Now that's about as cooool as it gets Martyn, very nicely done. ^&cool ^&cool ^&cool

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Now that's about as cooool as it gets Martyn, very nicely done. ^&cool ^&cool ^&cool

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Many thanks Buster :salute::

I've got another one appearing on a thread you know very well :wink2:

Cheers

July 1900 - Black Watch and Seaforth Pipers after the taking of Retief's Nek

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

January 1900 – Ratings from the Naval Brigade prepare to board the Armoured train while a Nordenfeldt machine gun is added to provide more fire power

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy

Cheers

January 1900 – Ratings from the Naval Brigade prepare to board the Armoured train while a Nordenfeldt machine gun is added to provide more fire power

The job is almost complete

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy of Wales

Cheers

That train is a beauty. My model maker has been working on one for me, I shutter how much he is going to charge me. Mine is a WW11 German, but I really like a train like yours for an earlier period. You are obviously having a lot of fun with this. Your figures compliment it or the train compliments them, either way a nice diorama. ^&cool, Robin.

That train is a beauty. My model maker has been working on one for me, I shutter how much he is going to charge me. Mine is a WW11 German, but I really like a train like yours for an earlier period. You are obviously having a lot of fun with this. Your figures compliment it or the train compliments them, either way a nice diorama. ^&cool, Robin.

Many thanks Robin :salute:: I'm looking forward to seeing what your WW2 train turns out like, bet it will be spectacular :salute::

The train you had in some of your early Sudan dioramas was great, loved all the Gatling guns {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

I have a feeling my train may be shipped to the NWF in a month or two :wink2:

Cheers

January 1900 – The Naval Brigade detachment have boarded the train and most can relax before setting off. The adopted puppy has not been forgotten.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back