TSSD for 2011 (2 Viewers)

Larso,
I'm also looking forward to the Italeri German motorcycle combos. hope they get the size right on them and they don't turn out too small to be of any use.
If the size is right I will be getting a few boxes as I have always wanted to do some 'Chained Dogs' , Field Police, and using their Russian and German WW2 sets should manage some conversions, fairly easily.

You might be interested to know that they have them listed as 'Special Production' along with a 6 figure set of WW2 US Infantrymen. The catalogue states that these are going to be in hard plastic, didn't think they could get much harder than the plastic they use for their other 1/32 scale sets:D

If you want to see what they will look like check out the 'Plastic Figure Review' website for the 1/72 scale versions as I understand that the bigger scale will just be pantographed from the masters for these. They also show the WW2 US Infantry but it's anyones guess as to which poses they will use, the box art shows a MG with operator so this may be one of the poses.

Dave M

Right Dave!

"ACW - Zouaves, 5th New York with the really baggy trousers or the more
generic uniform used by quite a few regiments."

Yep! In generic firing and advancing poses with UNIFORM uniforms so that one can buy a lot of them to form a unit.

"Indian Wars - Settlers/ranchers, the very guys the Cavalry were protecting.
A set could include a wife with a shotgun, a couple of kids."

Yep make them generic mid to late 1800s to cover CW/ Wild West/ or Boers

Anybody hear any rumblings of WHEN (not even what) the new line might be announced?

I'm drifting back to other interests as the pace of releases has seemed to slow.

I just don't enjoy metal. I tried. Too expensive and too many significant paint imperfections given the cost. Unpainted plastics is what I enjoyed as a kid [in the Marx/Airfix heyday] and that has remained true.

I'm hoping for Texas War of Independence (Alamo, San Jacinto) and Mexican-American War. Such lines would compliment what Conte started but failed to finish if the scale of the figures were consistent with the larger size Conte made. Monterrey, Palo Alto, Mexico City, Chapultepec...

According to another forum, TSSD co-prez Nick recently suffered a minor stroke, but is recovering. Thoughts out to him and DeAnna.

Nick is doing much better, has been moved already from the hospital to a rehab facility, take good care Nick, get well soon.

I know what his next range is going to be, but sorry, I'm sworn to secrecy.

It will revolve around a playset too and all I can say is it's a brilliant choice by a very savy man...................

Nick is doing much better, has been moved already from the hospital to a rehab facility, take good care Nick, get well soon.

I know what his next range is going to be, but sorry, I'm sworn to secrecy.

It will revolve around a playset too and all I can say is it's a brilliant choice by a very savy man...................

That's good to hear George. Only ever heard good things about Nick.

So, what's the clue? What letter does it begin with (and end with, and if you're feeling charitable, what are some of the middle letters)? :p

That's good to hear George. Only ever heard good things about Nick.

So, what's the clue? What letter does it begin with (and end with, and if you're feeling charitable, what are some of the middle letters)? :p

Nick and Deanna are two wonderful people, he and I got into the business around the same time, my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery........

Sorry, no hints, Nick would kill me.......:wink2:

Nick and Deanna are two wonderful people, he and I got into the business around the same time, my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery........

Sorry, no hints, Nick would kill me.......:wink2:

Likewise George.

"Nick would kill me" Hmmmmm.....that sounds like a clue that you're trying to give there. Now, I'd hazard a guess based on the 'kill me' terminology, that this playset may, just may, have a military theme to it. :wink2:

Likewise George.

"Nick would kill me" Hmmmmm.....that sounds like a clue that you're trying to give there. Now, I'd hazard a guess based on the 'kill me' terminology, that this playset may, just may, have a military theme to it. :wink2:

See, your police training and being able to read clues once again comes in handy.......{sm4}

TSSD reports that their next set of figures will be The Gunfight at the OK Corral. They aso will have a totally different playset later in the year.
Gary

TSSD reports that their next set of figures will be The Gunfight at the OK Corral. They aso will have a totally different playset later in the year.
Gary

No, that is not what TSSD posted. Folks go there and read it along with the news of another "LINE".

Likewise George.

Wait Nick never tells anyone or so he says .........

The next time you visit TSSD,
ask Nick and DeAnna to show you the
Cone Of Silence.

No, that is not what TSSD posted. Folks go there and read it along with the news of another "LINE".

Could you please explain to me then what was posted on TSSD,s site? I just re read it and it looks to me as Gun fight at the OK Corral figures and another totally different line with a playset.
Gary

"it looks to me as Gun fight at the OK Corral figures and another totally different line with a playset."

That's the way it looked to me too. The Gunfight playset is planned for 'late 2011' with the completely different line probably in September.

Gun fight at the OK corall, should be short and sweet, 10 figures, a couple of horses and an alley.

Gun fight at the OK corall, should be short and sweet, 10 figures, a couple of horses and an alley.

Plus you can only play with them for about 29 seconds, but the shooting will be intense! :)

As a person with a mild interest in western gunfighting and western movies - will Nick's sculptor give us "period" holsters or "Hollywood" holsters? Yes, there is a difference. Those low-slung "buscadero" rigs from the TV and movies of the late 50's through 70's were 20th Century designs. Some sources say that most of the Earps weren't even wearing traditional gun leather. Their jobs as city marshalls usually involved having their gun in a coat. Same with Wyatt Earp's "Buntline Special" - the story of his gun has been explored, but nobody can verify what he carried that day. Apparently the only two guns that can be verified from the shootout behind Fly's photo studio in Tombstone were two Colt Single Action Army revolvers from a pair of the cowboys. The guns were entered into the court records at the inquest.

Anyway, new figures from TSSD will be welcomed. I would prefer more WW2 figures, but I'll see what we actually get.

Gary B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back