U-96 Sub.... Are You In ? (1 Viewer)

PanzerAce1944

Colonel
Well,

After everything that has been shown already and all of the info released, Anyone else serious about picking up this Sub. ???
I am going for the first batch released end of this month, for the complete set. As it sits now...all 27" worth.

Wayne

Attachments

• U96TWO.jpg
    U96TWO.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Don't usually collect WWII but would collect this if complete and had the extra funds.It's very nice though.
Mark

Don't usually collect WWII but would collect this if complete and had the extra funds.It's very nice though.
Mark

Mark, If I have to go on a Macaroni & Cheese / Spaghetti diet for the next 20 days, It will be done....... {sm3}

Wayne

Expect a full review and lots of photos when yo get it!

Well,

After everything that has been shown already and all of the info released, Anyone else serious about picking up this Sub. ???
I am going for the first batch released end of this month, for the complete set. As it sits now...all 27" worth.

Wayne

My order is in for the full 27 inch Sub package .............my objective is to be the first in Asia to take delivery....... :salute::{sm4}

Now I realize i'm running here before I can walk......but.....

I have been reading about the Battle of Leyte Gulf in 1944 when the Japanese fleet was effectively destroyed during the American Leyte landings.
Given the wild popularity of this U Boat piece, what about a US or Japanese sub in the future......?
Admittedly the U Boats have a special place in the minds of many WW2 enthusiasts......but just as other TS manufacturers have started visiting the
Pacific War in a bigger way recently and we have seen crew and planes produced for aircraft carriers, doesn't this raise the question of a Pacific sub?

Just think of the diorama possibilities......one of the last German U boats is dispatched from a falling Germany to transfer weapons technology documents to Japan,
as the 2 Subs meet somewhere in the Indian Ocean..... Unfortunately it would require a diorama space the size of a small swimming pool.

Andrew

:salute::

So what is it...full submarine in 3 pieces? What is the total length? How much ?

So what is it...full submarine in 3 pieces? What is the total length? How much ?

If you read the thread posted by Collector's Showcase ......U 96 New Release all of the info is covered.
For now 3 sections / 27" Total length / $1,299.00 for the complete setup with all figures as depicted !

Wayne

Now I realize i'm running here before I can walk......but.....

I have been reading about the Battle of Leyte Gulf in 1944 when the Japanese fleet was effectively destroyed during the American Leyte landings.
Given the wild popularity of this U Boat piece, what about a US or Japanese sub in the future......?
Admittedly the U Boats have a special place in the minds of many WW2 enthusiasts......but just as other TS manufacturers have started visiting the
Pacific War in a bigger way recently and we have seen crew and planes produced for aircraft carriers, doesn't this raise the question of a Pacific sub?

Just think of the diorama possibilities......one of the last German U boats is dispatched from a falling Germany to transfer weapons technology documents to Japan,
as the 2 Subs meet somewhere in the Indian Ocean..... Unfortunately it would require a diorama space the size of a small swimming pool.

Andrew

:salute::

I am with you on the US or Japanese subs. Just look at my Icon and you can see that Submarines are a special interest to me.
I see a diorama of a Pacific Island; a Japanese sub ties up to the dock and the harbor and wharf are a busy hive of excitement. Troops, vehicles, supplies, maybe a few planes, sub crews ..... {sm3}

To answer the Thread question .... I am leaning to starting off with AT LEAST the first sections ...

--- LaRRy

I'd like to see Collector's Showcase finish the sub with a front and back section. Then, IMO, it would be complete. :salute::

EDIT: Does anyone know the width with the water sections?

I'd like to see Collector's Showcase finish the sub with a front and back section. Then, IMO, it would be complete. :salute::

Rob, Hopefully Brian will chime in on with the dimensions of the water sections, as far as width. We already know they are each 9" in Length.

Wayne

Rob; technically it would only be complete as a water line model. Neat stuff like Torpedo tube doors, dive planes, props etc would be below the water line. I think that is why Andrea came out with the complete hull version for collectors that want it all!

Back in the 1980's a company called 32 Parallel came out with a 1/32 Radio Control VIIc U Boat; which could dive and run submerged. The ultimate U Boat model IMO. A great swimming pool toy.

I'm still thinking if I should get it or build my own!?

It's the shipping charges plus about 20% import tax (calculated based on the total amount - including shipping charges!!!) which is the show stopper :mad:

I am out unless the bow (fore) and stern(aft) are included. I don't mind paying the extra cost. However, I think CTS, based on the recent post, is wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)...oh bummer!

Noli-Poli

To me Collector's Showcase took the common sense approach to this model. How many would buy a 27" ( 2 foot 3") version retailing @ $1,299.00 as opposed to
A full sized 7 + foot model costing between $2,500.00 - $3,000.00. If the 7 foot sub was made, some would complain it is too big or too expensive, etc....
Like anything else in this Hobby not everyone will like everything that is made, or how it was made. When collector's start posting photos of their newly acquired
U-96 subs, the enthusiasm will speak for itself !

Wayne

I am going to do it piece meal. One piece at a time starting with the deck gun.:tongue:

I'm still thinking if I should get it or build my own!?

It's the shipping charges plus about 20% import tax (calculated based on the total amount - including shipping charges!!!) which is the show stopper :mad:

OK, I found a TCS dealer in Germany and placed the order for the four U-Boat parts. {sm3}
U96 will become part of a harbour scene which also has some waterline seehund subs next to it.

Let's see how this goes ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back