U-96 Sub.... Are You In ? (3 Viewers)

OK, I found a TCS dealer in Germany and placed the order for the four U-Boat parts. {sm3}
U96 will become part of a harbour scene which also has some waterline seehund subs next to it.

Let's see how this goes ...

Oliver, Sounds like you have a (spiel) Game plan for U-96 :salute::

Wayne

With me, I will start with the conning tower, then the base for the tower, then the deck gun. So I have the main component/ centerpiece first, And build from there..... I don't think anyone is going to be wrong in getting this. It just a plus in every way, I always loved the shock and awe pieces in the past, and this one hopefully will be the start of the next ones....

I'm waiting for reviews before committing. CS makes it sound like sales are brisk, so I imagine lots of collectors will be receiving their orders any time now. I want to know the quality of the build and if it arrives w/out damage. Are the figures painted as nicely as the ones in the master images? I'm interested to learn about fine detailing before dropping serious cash. Is the assembly rugged or flimsy? Are decals applied with care and edges feathered in or just haphazardly slapped on? Are the more intricate parts of the guns, railings, walkway grating crisp and sturdy? How does the paint look on the product in hand vs CS's color saturation adjusted photos?

Joe

I have bought more than a few as Collector Shoe pieces, and never had any issue with any of them. Remember that CS has given as the thrown track option, at a cheaper price than any manufacturer will ever give us.
They will do what is right, if any problem occurs... Remember that there are only 200 pieces being made.
I myself would have kicked myself if I missed out on a limited run piece, that I may/will want ( I wanted this piece as soon as I saw it. )

I think there are a lot of people, that eventually wanted the K5, the German torpedo boat, and others that Figarti made...But can not have it, unless they do find it, but more than likely will pay a lot more than when it was being made/ offered

Joe; I have several TCS Panzers and they are as well made and painted as my K&C Panzers or my TG Panzers. The figures are as well sculpted and painted as my K&C and TG figures. Plus they are size compatible with K&C and TG. TCS maintains their price point by producing larger lots than other manufacturers; 300 lot runs versus 100 lot runs makes a large difference in the cost per piece. Also if a piece is damaged in shipment you dealer will take care of the problem by replacement or refund. You miss the Boot on the first lot and your next opportunity will be on eBay at twice the price if ever!

I'm waiting for reviews before committing. CS makes it sound like sales are brisk, so I imagine lots of collectors will be receiving their orders any time now. I want to know the quality of the build and if it arrives w/out damage. Are the figures painted as nicely as the ones in the master images? I'm interested to learn about fine detailing before dropping serious cash. Is the assembly rugged or flimsy? Are decals applied with care and edges feathered in or just haphazardly slapped on? Are the more intricate parts of the guns, railings, walkway grating crisp and sturdy? How does the paint look on the product in hand vs CS's color saturation adjusted photos?

Joe

Joe; I have several TCS Panzers and they are as well made and painted as my K&C Panzers or my TG Panzers. The figures are as well sculpted and painted as my K&C and TG figures. Plus they are size compatible with K&C and TG. TCS maintains their price point by producing larger lots than other manufacturers; 300 lot runs versus 100 lot runs makes a large difference in the cost per piece. Also if a piece is damaged in shipment you dealer will take care of the problem by replacement or refund. You miss the Boot on the first lot and your next opportunity will be on eBay at twice the price if ever!

Hi Katana,
Where do you get your production figures for other companies from..? I maybe wrong, of course, but I don't think K&C produces 'runs' of just 100 as you suggest or Britains come to that. Just a thought.
Best wishes and happy collecting! Andy.

Hi Katana,

Thank you for your insight. I'm very familiar with CS's product from their very first releases. I disagree that if I don't buy now I will be left in the cold and have to pay twice as much on ebay. CS products tend to stay around for a while, even the more popular ones. I've enjoyed some of CS products over the years, but not so much the more recent ones. Although CS is innovative, I find their quality to be the most inconsistent by far of all the major manufacturer's, thus my wait and see stance. I will say I like what I see in the photos and hope everything looks and feels as well in the flesh. Have you received yours yet?

Joe

Seriously? As Andy said, you are way incorrect on your run numbers regarding K&C. Andy doesn't publish these, but in passing he has answered questions on certain pieces and unless stated, they have ranged from 750 to 3000 plus. So, if anything, your business logic is way off.

TD

Not only are you incorrect on what K & C makes but you are also incorrect on the run for the U Boat; the run, as mentioned in Brian's post, is 200, not 300. As you have a tendency to make up facts as you go, it's hard to place any credence in your statements.

Hi Katana,

Thank you for your insight. I'm very familiar with CS's product from their very first releases. I disagree that if I don't buy now I will be left in the cold and have to pay twice as much on ebay. CS products tend to stay around for a while, even the more popular ones. I've enjoyed some of CS products over the years, but not so much the more recent ones. Although CS is innovative, I find their quality to be the most inconsistent by far of all the major manufacturer's, thus my wait and see stance. I will say I like what I see in the photos and hope everything looks and feels as well in the flesh. Have you received yours yet?

Joe

Joe,
much like you I am on the fence. I have only ever missed out on 1 item - Figarti E boat and after friend's Gary and Han's disasters with both, I am happy I did!!!!!!!!

As to quality I agree, I am debating on having the Andrea pieces painted in Russia for roughly the same cost, they have been projects on my drawing board and since the tower is my main focus, that is probably the option I am going to go with instead of this one but again, no rush on either.

Tom

I had contemplated the conning tower but when you calculate the cost of the tower, the conning tower base and a few figures, that's over $500, too rich for my blood.

I did not state who I was referencing with the 300 versus 100 lot runs. I was referencing Figarti not K&C as you erroneously assumed. Economy of scale is a manufacturing fact of life whether you choose to recognise it or not! When Figarti went from 100 piece lots to 300 piece lots on their Tiger I the cost dropped significantly.

Seriously? As Andy said, you are way incorrect on your run numbers regarding K&C. Andy doesn't publish these, but in passing he has answered questions on certain pieces and unless stated, they have ranged from 750 to 3000 plus. So, if anything, your business logic is way off.

TD

You are the one making things up; by citing comments that were never made. You are in error not I. My references to production lots were in regard to Figarti Tiger I production; not K&C. Figarti Tiger I prices dropped when they went to larger lot sizes. Please ask questions if you have difficulty understanding my comments; don't make assumptions.

Not only are you incorrect on what K & C makes but you are also incorrect on the run for the U Boat; the run, as mentioned in Brian's post, is 200, not 300. As you have a tendency to make up facts as you go, it's hard to place any credence in your statements.

Then, perhaps you should try to be a bit clearer in your writing so misunderstandings are avoided :wink2:

I apologise. I did not realise English was a second language for you. I know how technical terms can be confusing.^&grin

Then, perhaps you should try to be a bit clearer in your writing so misunderstandings are avoided :wink2:

I follow Mark Twain's advice: "never argue with fools, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Joe,
much like you I am on the fence. I have only ever missed out on 1 item - Figarti E boat and after friend's Gary and Han's disasters with both, I am happy I did!!!!!!!!

As to quality I agree, I am debating on having the Andrea pieces painted in Russia for roughly the same cost, they have been projects on my drawing board and since the tower is my main focus, that is probably the option I am going to go with instead of this one but again, no rush on either.

Tom

I have always wanted to paint the Andrea U-Boot. I'll beat the russians on time and cost. Just sayin':eek:

So very true; yet the effort to educate may sometimes look like argumentation to an observer.

A shame you cannot afford the TCS U-96. A very nice piece for far less than the Andrea U-96. I find TCS figures superior to the Andrea figures. Brian was very innovative in utilizing ACAD to design his figures and the dynamic poses show this innovation. Plus an ACAD design can be produced on a 3D printer, thus lowering overhead in production of the initial sculpt. Technology is great if you can comprehend the terminology. Adios Amigo

I follow Mark Twain's advice: "never argue with fools, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

So very true; yet the effort to educate may sometimes look like argumentation to an observer.

A shame you cannot afford the TCS U-96. A very nice piece for far less than the Andrea U-96. I find TCS figures superior to the Andrea figures. Brian was very innovative in utilizing ACAD to design his figures and the dynamic poses show this innovation. Plus an ACAD design can be produced on a 3D printer, thus lowering overhead in production of the initial sculpt. Technology is great if you can comprehend the terminology. Adios Amigo

Once again you just make it up as you go. Change the narrative, facts, etc. whatever you can do to keep this going. As has been proved many times in the past, you are a complete Maroon. If you actually had a command of the English language, you would plainly see that Brad was posting his opinion that $500 for the parts he would be interested are NOT WORTH it to him. I don't think he as talking about what he can afford or not, he is talking about his perception of Value.

But whatever, maybe you can stick to trying to come up with anatomically correct Elephant heads..................................never quite defined that one after at least 100 pictures of actual live elephants were posted showing about every kind of head shape and then some, but of course, your blinders must have been on during that one.

Back to regularly scheduled programming...........................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back