US Military POW/MIA updates (1 Viewer)

Tough one this week- a young 18 year old KIA in Korea- looks like he was declared MIA 4 days after his 18th Birthday. Young Allentown trooper.

That's a tough one- if you look at the picture, you can read in the upper right hand corner "To Mom and Dad- Love Eddie"....gut punch. This poor kid was one of the guys stationed in Okinawa and thrown into the fire when the DPRK forces stormed into South Korea- they were in no way prepared for what was coming at them.

The other thing I find quite sobering about this writeup is this

"On October 6, 1950, a sets of remains was recovered from an isolated grave in a rice paddy near the village of Ibang-ni, roughly 8 miles west of Changnyong"- leads me to believe this poor kid was captured and then perhaps shot by North Korean forces after an 8 mile forced march- or perhaps he succumbed to injuries sustained while in combat. Unfortunately, his fate is known but to God but that is a helluva gut punch when you are talking about someone's 18 year old son. I may be jaded with reading between the lines here.

One of Merril's Marauders:

This tanker was KIA 80 years ago today:

A 37 year old father of two from Indiana- PFC- enlisted in April 1944, was MIA/KIA by January 1945. Terribly sad.

Thanks for the update, if i have time i try to have a look through articles, this will be a never ending process, but i think it brings a sense of closure to many families and the continued work has to be valued and funded, the work they do is in a nobel cause.

A rare Viet Nam USMC Captain who was shot down on his 47th mission- left behind an 18 month old daughter- pretty moving articles in the local papers about all that- definately feel a kinship with the young Captain as he talks about catching the last few minutes of the Dallas/San Fran football game and wondered who would be the Dallas QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back