V- Series - Will it continue? (1 Viewer)

robzilla503

Private
I have most of the TGM V-series, but I have not seen any new items for a while. Is anything on the burner? I love the Wasserfall, but is a TGM V-2 on the horizon?

I have the TGM V-1, Fi-103, Wasserfall and Natter sets and like these very much. I would love to flesh these V-weapons out with more diorama. Figarti has a nice V1-ramp, and a V-2 with a launch platform and trailer/tower. Is it likely that we could see any of these items from TGM? I do not have any items from the Figarti V-series, but I will get some if TGM does not any plans to continue its V-series. I would love some of your opinions on the Figarti V-series qualify, especially on the V-2. I have read some comments on flaking paint and some V-2 items on ebay seemed to have cracks, especially on the tail wings.

To complete the Natter, there should be a launch tower. I am not sure how difficult this would be to make in 1:30, but given that there is a launch tower for the V-2, it should be possible.

There are other German V jets that have never been done commercially in diecast larger than 1:144 scale, like the TA183 (HuckeBein), or the TA-283. The TA-183 in particular is the first swept wing jet design and a direct predecessor of the MIG-15 and the F-84F. Even though the prototype was never built in Germany, Kurt Tank did build some in Argentina post-war under the name Pulqui. Are these possibilities or have we seen the end of the TGM V-series?

Robert

I am still waiting for the previously released fuel truck to be done in Grey. Otherwise I think the 'V' series has stalled. Nothing to see here, move on.^&grin, Robin.

I have most of the TGM V-series, but I have not seen any new items for a while. Is anything on the burner? I love the Wasserfall, but is a TGM V-2 on the horizon?

I have the TGM V-1, Fi-103, Wasserfall and Natter sets and like these very much. I would love to flesh these V-weapons out with more diorama. Figarti has a nice V1-ramp, and a V-2 with a launch platform and trailer/tower. Is it likely that we could see any of these items from TGM? I do not have any items from the Figarti V-series, but I will get some if TGM does not any plans to continue its V-series. I would love some of your opinions on the Figarti V-series qualify, especially on the V-2. I have read some comments on flaking paint and some V-2 items on ebay seemed to have cracks, especially on the tail wings.

To complete the Natter, there should be a launch tower. I am not sure how difficult this would be to make in 1:30, but given that there is a launch tower for the V-2, it should be possible.

There are other German V jets that have never been done commercially in diecast larger than 1:144 scale, like the TA183 (to ), or the TA-283. The TA-183 in particular is the first swept wing jet design and a direct predecessor of the MIG-15 and the F-84F. Even though the prototype was never built in Germany, Kurt Tank did build some in Argentina post-war under the name Pulqui. Are these possibilities or have we seen the end of the TGM V-series?

Robert

To be honest you can't go wrong with figarti V2 range and work great with tg , only problem with flaking paint is on the first two V2 rockets figarti made and the figures that went with them but all the latest stuff is ok

I am sure more V stuff will be coming our way . Just some patience fellows
guy:smile2:

There are other German V jets that have never been done commercially in diecast larger than 1:144 scale, like the TA183 (HuckeBein), or the TA-283. The TA-183 in particular is the first swept wing jet design and a direct predecessor of the MIG-15 and the F-84F. Even though the prototype was never built in Germany, Kurt Tank did build some in Argentina post-war under the name Pulqui. Are these possibilities or have we seen the end of the TGM V-series?

Robert

A couple of V Series jets are in the works but these will be in wood. We have also considered making a V4 once again in wood if there was sufficient demand, let me know?!
Kind Regards Vicki

As far as a launch tower, guessing not to difficult to knock one up yourself perhaps. Robin.

Attachments

• P6240004.jpg
    P6240004.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 187
  • P6240005.jpg
    P6240005.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P7310001.jpg
    P7310001.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 186
Couple more shots. Made mainly from a plastic crane gantry. Robin.

Attachments

• P1280001.jpg
    P1280001.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P1280004.jpg
    P1280004.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 189
A couple of V Series jets are in the works but these will be in wood. We have also considered making a V4 once again in wood if there was sufficient demand, let me know?!
Kind Regards Vicki

Vicki,
Thanks for your reply. I have a very large collection of ww-2 aircraft, but all of it is in diecast, either plastic or metal. I have not started a collection in wood due to the expense, so I would pass on a V-series jet made in wood. If it were made in plastic or metal (polystone is fine), I would definitely purchase one if the price was right.

Thanks,
Robert

Couple more shots. Made mainly from a plastic crane gantry. Robin.

Robin,
These are extremely nice and they are exactly what i wanted for the Natter. I hadn't thought of using the same configuration for the Wasserfall. Very clever. Can I ask what plastic crane gantry product you used?

Thanks,
Robert

Robin,
These are extremely nice and they are exactly what i wanted for the Natter. I hadn't thought of using the same configuration for the Wasserfall. Very clever. Can I ask what plastic crane gantry product you used?

Thanks,
Robert

It had no brand, just looked at plastic cranes images and found it. Saw the tower structure box like, with an extending arm holding the hook and simply removed the arm and put it upwards on the tower to give it extra height. Also looked at the images of the Natter launch tower to give the inspiration. My model maker added guiding rails to each side and a centre slide. Came up pretty well I think. Wish I could help more, but this is scratch built so to speak. Robin.

Kind Regards Vicki

Think it depends on price?

I would love to get some V jets.

But a V3 would also be nice.

JPB

Even if it were not economically feasible to make more V-weapons (V-3, A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4 or the proposed A-5 to A-12) or V jets, a place to take the V-series could be centered on the engineering masterminds behind rocket propulsion. For example, V001 had the test pilots Reitsch and Warsitz. These were excellent choices. V005 had Professor Bachem, the scientist behind the Natter. I very much enjoyed that, but if one wanted to continue in this direction, there are many other actors in the V-weapon arena. Here is a rather incomplete list, but with the exception of von Braun, I believe none of these people are in diecast. Forgive me for any misspellings.

Rocketry Pioneers:
Robert Goddard
Pedro Paulet
Hermann Oberth
Konstantin Tsiolkorsky

V1:
Fritz Gosslar
Robert Lusser

Wasserfall:
Walter Thiel
Weiner Dahm

V2:
Wernher von Braun
Walter Dornberger
Walter Riedel
Klaus Riedel
Georg von Tisenhausen

Whether or not new weapons, jets, or vehicles are included, there is a large group of engineers/designers behind the V-series. I certainly would purchase as many of these as possible since they fill a void in WW2 figures. Most of these folk if not killed in WW2, went on to have amazing success in the US and Britain as pioneers of the space age. I can't believe that anyone working for NASA wouldn't want one of these.

One could extend the range to include people like Kurt Tank (FW-190/TA-152/FW-200) and R.J. Mitchell (Walrus/Spitfire). We always see the WW2 pilots and the ground crews, even the generals and politicians, but I would love to see the genius designers/project leaders behind the scenes. As you can guess, I loved the Miyazaki animated movie, The Wind Rises. about the designer of the Claude (A5M) and Zero (A6M), Jiro Horikoshi and the designer of the G3M Betty, Kiro Honjo. It was fascinating and highly enlightening. It would also be great to see these people in diecast along with their planes.

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back