Value of Waffen-SS sets (1 Viewer)

mjmgoirish

Private
Hello,

Is there a guide or some other tool folks use to estimate the value of various King and Country sets. does such a website or guide exist? For instance, how do you value retired sets?

Specifically, I am looking for guidance on the following retired Waffen-SS sets. Any ideas? I have the original/face value prices, but I am wondering if the value has changed over the years? Several of these sets are listed on eBay. I am not sure if they are priced accurately though.

WS110 Riflemen in Action
Waffen SS King and Country
Mint

WS112 Open Fire
Mint

WS113 MG34 Gun Team
Mint

WS114 Marching Waffen SS Officer
Mint

WS075 Summer German - Commanders Conference
Waffen SS King and Country Mint

Hello, mjmgoirish,

Ebay is a place to start, but I would caution you to use great discretion on fixing prices off of what you see on Ebay.

There are some dealers / sellers that are sky high in their prices and their items go around and around and around ... and never sell. Other folks just want to sell something and put it on and hope for the best. Sometimes they are lucky and other times they take a loss.

Look on this forum in the Consignment store and you can get another set of values.

I know there are (appraisers) that can give you an reasonable price or evaluation but many of them charge a % of the appraised price.

Price is determined by many items ...

Do you have the original box?
Is the figure in MINT shape or used, chips in the paint?
Availability on the secondary market. Even if it is retired some figures are still plentiful.
From a smoke free home / pet free home?
Was the figure kept in a box or displayed on a shelf?
Rarity of the figure?

Are you trying to figure out prices to sell of just FYI.

--- LaRRy

Assuming they are mint and you have the original boxes, look at the completed auctions section on eBay for items actually sold. That will give you an idea as to possible purchase price. The most valuable set on your list is probably WS 75.

Thank you both for the feedback.

Larry- to your specific question... I asked the question because I am looking to sell. Also, good information as an FYI as I have amassed a sizeable K&C and Frontline collection. I am looking to downsize certain aspects of the collection. Running out of space to store all the sets!!

Thanks again.

Thank you both for the feedback.

Larry- to your specific question... I asked the question because I am looking to sell. Also, good information as an FYI as I have amassed a sizeable K&C and Frontline collection. I am looking to downsize certain aspects of the collection. Running out of space to store all the sets!!

Thanks again.

You are welcome.
However, you now must make another decision ... if selling or downsizing is your intent.

You can go with a recognized K&C dealer and he will probably take the entire lot.
You can list them one-by-one on the Treefrog .. FOR SALE .. page.
You can list them one-by-one on the Treefrog consignment page with Julie.
You can use Ebay or other auction house.
You can attend shows, rent tables and do the booth routine.

Each has a benefit and a drawback, but there are options ...{sm4}

Good LUCK!

--- LaRRy

......., look at the completed auctions section on eBay for items actually sold. That will give you an idea as to possible purchase price.

Afternoon Brad,
Since I don't use Ebay much, I am not aware there is a section as "Completed Auctions". ^&confuse
How do you find that location?

Thank you, Sir!

--- LaRRy

There is so much variation in prices lately it's difficult to place a price on earlier sets, however prices do seem to be lower lately, maybe because others are selling off some of their collection due to financial or display space issues etc. That said it's easier to reduce your price than raise it, therefor you could list the sets at a higher price and reduce over time if they don't sell. As suggested a good start is check the Advanced Search section on eBay, where you will find the "Sold listings" check box under the "Search including" section.

Another thing to keep in mind is that camo figures cost the manufacturers more to produce than single colour uniforms, suggesting earlier camo sets are likely to increase in rarity and value over time.

Afternoon Brad,
Since I don't use Ebay much, I am not aware there is a section as "Completed Auctions". ^&confuse
How do you find that location?

Thank you, Sir!

--- LaRRy

Larry,

On a computer, it's on the left side of the page, as you scroll down. If you're using the eBay app on a phone, choose the filter option on the upper right hand of the page and then click the Completed Items button.

Brad

Hello,

Is there a guide or some other tool folks use to estimate the value of various King and Country sets. does such a website or guide exist? For instance, how do you value retired sets?

Specifically, I am looking for guidance on the following retired Waffen-SS sets. Any ideas? I have the original/face value prices, but I am wondering if the value has changed over the years? Several of these sets are listed on eBay. I am not sure if they are priced accurately though.

WS110 Riflemen in Action
Mint

WS112 Open Fire
Mint

WS113 MG34 Gun Team
Mint

WS114 Marching Waffen SS Officer
Mint

WS075 Summer German - Commanders Conference
Waffen SS King and Country Mint

Check out the K&C consignment section here on Treefrog. Several of your sets are listed for sale. Check out the asking prices !

Wayne

Check out the K&C consignment section here on Treefrog. Several of your sets are listed for sale. Check out the asking prices !

Wayne
In FRANCE
WS075 P110,00 € S120,00 € Commander's Conference
WS113 1 42,00 € O 57,50 € MG34 Gun Team
WS114 1 20,00 € O 35,00 € OFF SS MAR

May be less , may be expensive.
:salute::

Just as with the asking prices on eBay, the ask prices in the Consignment shop don’t always reflect what a buyer would pay for an item. I have purchased several things from the Consignment shop after Julie presented my counter offer and the seller and I worked out a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back