VN005-VN009 Vietnam US 25th Infantry Division! (2 Viewers)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but has anyone heard any news about the NVA release?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but has anyone heard any news about the NVA release?

I am so hoping that it will be part of the ones that will be released next. Then it will be a great Thanksgiving. I am so ready for the NVA pieces.

There should be some announcements real soon. I hope the N.V.A. will show themselves.

....I wish I may, I wish I might. The wish, I wish tonight. Come on North Vietnamese Army Figures.:D. Sorry been dying for the new announcements to be made.

I,ve seen at least 2 members of this board trying to sell their FL VietNam GI,s. I too have thought about it and why? Because over a year ago they were released with promises of MORE to come. Still nothing, but FL has since anounced new lines. This is one aspect of the hobby, and I do not include all companies, that really gets under my skin.
I bought into the hype of FL about a whole new range of VietNam. These were the first FL figures I bought. And now more than a year later I,ve all but lost interest in buying any more.
Gary

Gary,

Be patient! Matt and the First Legion team take pride in their products, and great quality takes time. I hope you will continue to collect this particular First Legion line and give Matt a chance (and the time) to expand on this range for you.

Best,

Alex

I,ve seen at least 2 members of this board trying to sell their FL VietNam GI,s. I too have thought about it and why? Because over a year ago they were released with promises of MORE to come. Still nothing, but FL has since anounced new lines. This is one aspect of the hobby, and I do not include all companies, that really gets under my skin.
I bought into the hype of FL about a whole new range of VietNam. These were the first FL figures I bought. And now more than a year later I,ve all but lost interest in buying any more.
Gary

Gary,

I understand you're frustrated and although it's your privilege to make a post about it, why not contact Matt privately. I find that he responds to emails pretty quickly.

Brad

Gary

Gary:

Funny though I did hear an opposing view about this. I heard one collector say that he was happy with the slow release of the VN series as it allowed him to collect all the pieces slowly, rather than feel the pressure of being overwhelmed by a massive release.

In any event, hang in there. THe VN figures are amazing and I am sure that whatever comes next will be well worth the wait.

Gary:

Funny though I did hear an opposing view about this. I heard one collector say that he was happy with the slow release of the VN series as it allowed him to collect all the pieces slowly, rather than feel the pressure of being overwhelmed by a massive release.

In any event, hang in there. THe VN figures are amazing and I am sure that whatever comes next will be well worth the wait.
I wish I had that trouble. I dabble in so many FL ranges that they almost always seem to come too quickly. I guess from a Vietnam collectors perspective there is always a little more concern because those lines have not had great staying power in the past.

The Vietnam range has a smaller collector base so I dont think where going to see a ton of releases for this series... There just not a whole lot of interest....

I agree that this conflict has limited popularity with collectors but could be more of a success with balanced releases.
Figarti's Huey, Americans and NVA mix well with FL but in my opinion FL should come out with both opponents at the
same time. Some VC/NVA and maybe an APC (M113) would make the series more desireable.
This is my suggestion in general to FL and other makers.
K&C and JJD do this more efficiently (with some exceptions) and I think that motivates collectors.
FL's Napoleonic series, Crusades, ACW, WWII Germans and Russians and now Agincourt have balanced releases to
satisfy both sides. Waiting a year for a complimentary release does cause most to lose interest and shift to another
maker or era.
For example I collected FL's Renaissance Landsknechts, which are great figures. When and if we get some opponents
is up in the air so I have invested my dollars in other series.
Again I think most collectors enjoy putting together both sides of a battle for dioramas or just historical interest.

I agree that this conflict has limited popularity with collectors but could be more of a success with balanced releases.
Figarti's Huey, Americans and NVA mix well with FL but in my opinion FL should come out with both opponents at the
same time. Some VC/NVA and maybe an APC (M113) would make the series more desireable.
This is my suggestion in general to FL and other makers.
K&C and JJD do this more efficiently (with some exceptions) and I think that motivates collectors.
FL's Napoleonic series, Crusades, ACW, WWII Germans and Russians and now Agincourt have balanced releases to
satisfy both sides. Waiting a year for a complimentary release does cause most to lose interest and shift to another
maker or era.
For example I collected FL's Renaissance Landsknechts, which are great figures. When and if we get some opponents
is up in the air so I have invested my dollars in other series.
Again I think most collectors enjoy putting together both sides of a battle for dioramas or just historical interest.

For every range we've ever done (and will ever do) we ALWAYS release both sides. In fact, for both Vietnam and Renaissance opposition is coming with our November releases which will be announced this week. Further, for the Renaissance, the Artillery set can be used for either/both sides, so technically speaking we've already released opposition. But the new Renaissance release will show exactly why we decided to do this range to begin with. Stay tuned another day or two for our November releases/Newsletter. A little something for everyone I think!

Best,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back