Vote for New Russian sets!!! (2 Viewers)

If KC were to release New WW2 Russian sets, would you purchase them?

• Yes

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Maybe Red Army Air Mechanics and pilot, or woodmodels.:smile2:
attachment.php

Mario

I would like to see someone do a limited release of eastern front figures representing Hungarians, Romanians, Finns or Spanish Blue Division. Given that no one has really done any of these, there has to be a niche market. Plenty of interesting uniforms and possibilities. The discussion should not be limited to just Russians and Germans.

Whoever makes the first Good Russian figures gets my money!!. I really hope being an almost 100% KC man that they come out of the KC stable....BUT!!!, I have waited far to long for some opposition to the plethora of German figures storming of the KC production lines that I am now prepared to spend my hard earned Euros elswhere!!!!.........Andy DONT WAIT TOO LONG!!

Steve

I would definately buy some, however I tend to agree with Jazzeum I think Soviets are a non-starter for Andy and no poll is going to change his mind.

He said the exact same thing about the Jagdtiger and, then released one. Better to not say never in this hobby as buying trends from the customer are as important as personal choice in what is released. I agree about poles especially as there are what, less than 2000 on here and a pebble in the ocean of collectors around the world even though some believe this is a true representation and what is said is done so in stone.

The fact of the 250 series or lower limits if one chooses means that it could be done by K&C if they wish. Figarti has dabbled and probably will again and, I am sure CS and others will venture there soon
Mitch

Good points, I really like the idea of doing a T-34/76 in the 250 range. Andy could do two or three paint schemes, see how they sell, and decide from there if he wants to continue the range. If he doesn't do it, someone else will, but I'd much rather see KC produce them.

GJB22 - thanks for showing the initiative and making the poll.

I like your idea for a limited T34/76 range and I hope K&C have read your suggestions posted on several threads. I personally would prefer to see new Russian figures in late war street fighting.

Regardless, even if K&C now wanted to do new Russians, I can't imagine them being released anytime soon given the time needed to design and produce a new line. Unless of course K&C have had secret plans in place for sometime and are about to surprise us all.

How interesting!
Since most of WW11 was spent on Russian soil and Russian casualties were far more than all the other Allied casualties put together, I can only assume that the dearth of Russian figures and vehicles by K&C is due to two factors:
Russian uniforms are not as pretty and colorful of those of other WW11 Armies, and the Germans got their butt kicked once the Russians got going.
Not very glamorous but then again what would our collections be without all the colorful variations that we have to chose from among German Army figures and vehicles.
As the French say:
C'est la guerre
harvey

The t34/85 is in the top 3 if not the best tank andy has done. I vote for more russian armour as well as infantry. 250 series would be great here. How about a kv1 or su 76

Hate to throw cold water on this but Andy has been pretty consistent that he's generally not interested in Russians. Secondly, I don't think he puts much credence in polls. Thirdly, if he does put credence in them, the poll results would have to be a lot more convincing than they are now.

I agree with you Brad, but:

There have been so many German Eastern Front releases (Fall of Berlin, Cossacks etc.) it boggles the mind there's no opposition.

And while I'm unsure an entire RANGE would succeed, I think a T-34 is a no brainer. I posted as much on the CS Russians thread.

The T-34 is one of the iconic tanks of WWII, right up there with the Panzer and Sherman. Currently, NO ONE is making one (although CS is considering it, evidently).

Figarti seems to have done well with their Russian AFVs, but have left a glaring hole by not creating a T-34.

I think whoever produces a good model first will sell through. Especially if it's a SL or a series 250.

As for whether or not I'd buy...it's interesting because I just got rid of all my K&C Russian and Fall of Berlin sets (I still have my Figarti JS-2 because it's a beautiful piece). Some of that was for financial reasons, some of that was because the ruined Reichstag just wasn't giving off a good vibe in my place, for lack of a better term. The Cossacks I owned felt tasteless - just for me personally, no judgment on anyone else - maybe because I had them displayed with civilians. And, quite frankly, the previous Russians were not up to todays standards, and it showed.

I'd strongly consider a T-34, to go alongside or replace my JS-2. And it would probably encourage me to buy a German winter AFV to do battle with it.

But I would ABSOLUTELY buy Russian aircraft and ground crew. If for no other reason than K&C's polystone warbirds have been almost uniformly phenomenal. Andy has mentioned the possibility of doing Italian and Russian planes. He's saiddoing a Japanese Zero, despite saying there won't be a Pacific line.

So I think that's the most likely Russian piece we're likely to see.

It is very hard to understand why no one makes a T-34/76. Many of you have stated that it is one of the iconic tanks of WW2, so why is no one producing one? I believe just making that tank alone is an automatic home run.

Not to derail your request for Russian Tanks, but I've been waiting forever for a Marder II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back