Vote for New Russian sets!!! (4 Viewers)

If KC were to release New WW2 Russian sets, would you purchase them?

• Yes

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Any more collectors in need of some Russian items to go with their existing collections ???? VOTE *** VOTE *** VOTE

I didn't actually vote, but I know I would consider new Russian sets if there were any. I began collecting K&C because of the great Berlin series and I own it all. The Russian figures from Berlin are dynamic--to this day the NKVD/German prisoner set and the traffic controller are on display in my "man-cave" consistently. I bought the Figarti JSII and ISU122, and they're gorgeous pieces as well.

I love the T-34/85 with the "Bedspring" panzerfaust screens. It is, without a doubt, the most original vehicle K&C has ever produced... (perhaps excepting the Patton Sherman "surprise inspection" piece). Add to it the Russian Tank riders and some rubble around the base and it's complete as a perfect diorama.

I know Andy will eventually make a few more Russian pieces. As Figarti's tanks have demonstrated, there is a market willing to buy up 250 pieces. The 70th anniversary of Stalingrad and Berlin are coming up. I predict that Andy will release an occasional set over the next 4 years--There will absolutely be a T-34/76--but it doesn't make sense for him to pump out Russians. The Berlin sets lingered at Treefrog for years!

I know Andy will eventually make a few more Russian pieces. As Figarti's tanks have demonstrated, there is a market willing to buy up 250 pieces. The 70th anniversary of Stalingrad and Berlin are coming up. I predict that Andy will release an occasional set over the next 4 years--There will absolutely be a T-34/76--but it doesn't make sense for him to pump out Russians.

I hope you're right, the 76 is needed more than any other Russian piece.

I'd love some more Russian sets. I have the early King & Country T34/76, the later T34/85, and this little baby in 1/8th scale, not by King & Country, bed springs & all....

T34002.jpg

On one of the military channels top ten shows the WWII Soviet T-34 was ranked the #1 tank based upon large production numbers,sloping armor and good firepower !
Need another K&C version for all of my VOLKSTURM armed with Panzerfausts to do battle with !!!!!!!

How about a series 250 for the T34, using the same chassis but 3 different production turrets:

1.T34/76B (large hatch)
2.T34/76D (2 turret hatches)
3.T34/85

Or could just produce a summer / winter version of the above T34/76's plus the 85......

Andy?

I vote YES....I recently purchased some K/C Russian figures to go with my Figarti JS-2....I like the older K/C Russian Tank Riders better than Figarti's Russian Tank riders and they go fairly well together....The only other company making Russian Soldiers is First Legion Battle of Stalingrad....Would love to see a T-34/76 released by Figarti,First Legion or K/C...Rest assured someone will do it....My bets are on First Legion since they are commited to Stalingrad....A Figarti T-34/85 would be most welcome to go with the JS-2 which is one of the best Russian AFV's released by anyone yet

JAMO, Where did you get that 1/8 scale T-34 at ????

www.mark-1-tank.co.uk (Winchester, England). Mark imports the chassis / parts from Volgograd (Stalingrad!) and fits them out with electrics and 'extras' (smoke, sounds, blanks gun, etc.) He can supply painted and detailed although I purchased this just primed in grey and painted and made all the details myself from scratch.

It has all the functions including digital sounds recorded from a real T34. Just like the real thing, its simplicity has meant it has been reliable and easy to maintain...

Unsurprisingly, his best seller is the Tiger! He sells mostly 1/6th scale, 1/8th scale like this and even some 1/4th scale monsters!

Boys toys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased K&C Russian set when the Fall of Berlin series came out, and very much fascinated at "Total War", just not collecting there now.

Tarbox Toy Soldiers in Gettysburg still has some of the Russian sets from Berlin.

A few people out there seem to panick on the idea of Russian figures and Tanks being done again. Keep the positive votes coming in meine comraden ! Thanks for the info COMBAT. {bravo}}

Like politicians, business responds to market demand. I hope someone will fill the void. The idea of limited releases to offset the business reality that Russians are not big sellers is a great suggestion. I just hope if it's not going to be K&C it's a TS company compatible with K&C figures like TG.

If the hope of those who want Russians eventuates, reality says if a TS company is not already designing/producing Russian figures right now, we probably have an awfully long-time to wait once that company makes a decision to make them.

I live in hope for Russians but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy collecting K&C and each month relish in the unexpected surprises that await.

I believe Howards 15 minutes in Brisbane addressed this topic .......{sm2} Can't say enough.... Thanks again Northgatewoods !!!
The Russians are coming !!!!!!{sm3} Not trying to dig up old dirt here but this was a very up and down thread that should have its day of glory....IMO and IMO only.
Hopefully all collectors sooner or later will get their wish list items fullfilled for whatever range that they favor !!! HAPPY COLLECTING TO ALL .........

some dead or surrendering ones would go well with a dio near prokarovka with Tigers and panzer IV's moving up the line.
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back