War Park Sneak Peak (1 Viewer)

I’m not War Park, but I’ll give you my two cents on the historic info. Like Pauck pointed out above, the paint scheme/markings are a faithful recreation of the Deutsches Panzermusuem Munster’s Hummel. While they paint their museum tanks better than most, they’re usually not sticklers for perfect historic accuracy, and I’m skeptical it was based on an actual historic Hummel. In my opinion it’s their take on a camo Hummel.

The model itself is an early production Hummel, noted by the single armored hull bulge over the drivers position. The later production Hummels had an enlarged rectangular driver/radio operators compartment. For the paint job, it’s an interpretation of ambush camo, which was a factory paint job, but it’s on an early production Hummel that would have been sent to the troops in solid Dunkelgelb and the camo applied in the field. I’ve seen pics of Hummels and Nashorns with factory applied disc ambush camo, but never the small dots found on Daimler Benz Panthers.

Paint job looks nice though, so I’d just call it a generic Hummel, where the troops in the field decided to put some small camo dot splotches on it. It would work as a Hummel from 1943 until the end of the war on either the East or West Fronts, so it’s a pretty versatile model.

HR,

I very much appreciated your thorough assessment. My land warfare library and knowledge are growing but I rely on members like you that are extremely well versed in this sector. I tend heavily to stay with things in the air so to speak. I will pass on this release for the same reason as the FL Jagdpanzer IV which looks great at first glance but in the end seems like an obscure anomaly at the Bulge which fellow member “fmethorst” highlighted in its respective thread.

On another note my friend just sent me an image of the collector card/insert from his new W. Britain Sherman tank. I am impressed with the detail & research that went into it. In my opinion it enhances the collecting experience and spurs more research on my end which I enjoy.

Thanks for reading.

From what I've seen museums are pretty bad at getting historical details correct, including camo and paint colors, which is ironic because that's their raison dêtre. Hard edge camo is pretty much a factory thing so this should be post September 1944. I was waiting for this release, but I'm underwhelmed so I'm going to put the dollars elsewhere. I'll wait to see the First Legion Hetzers.

I am right there with you Frank. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this.

I’m not War Park, but I’ll give you my two cents on the historic info. Like Pauck pointed out above, the paint scheme/markings are a faithful recreation of the Deutsches Panzermusuem Munster’s Hummel. .
I don't want to adorn myself with other people's feathers. I knew, I have seen the picture before but didn't know that is from the museum, only that it couldn't a historic Hummel. The hint with the Panzermuseum Munster is very good, there you can also recognize the division sign (19th Infantry Division / 19th Panzer Division), so accordingly Eastern Front. Is really a 1:1 copy, with "Anton" on the tube and the tactical sign (sFH 18 (sf)). Found out there is a virtual tour in the tank museum. You can see the Hummel very good. https://3d-tour.linsenspektrum.de/de/tour/deutsches-panzermuseum
Hummel.jpgHummel1.jpg

I like it, I missed the Nashorn and really regret it.

Speaking of the Panzer Museum in Munster if ever in the area give it a long look well worth it and if your impressed with the tanks wait till you see their uniforms and weapons display. Its just incredible. :salute::

It is a somewhat unusual camo scheme, but these vehicles were, for the most part, painted on the field, and variety is great for a group display.

Showing on Facebook as coming soon

53235872679_03420e068f_b.jpg

53234640592_04db2d140a_b.jpg

53236000745_8b124f57bc_b.jpg

53236001160_852d5e1762_h.jpg

Thanks for sharing, might have to consider earlier rather than later as I missed out on the flatcar. Robin.

Showing on Facebook as coming soon

53235872679_03420e068f_b.jpg

53234640592_04db2d140a_b.jpg

53236000745_8b124f57bc_b.jpg

53236001160_852d5e1762_h.jpg

I used to think the G-scale trains from the German company Lehman Gross Bahn (LGB) were the standard for large scale model railroading… War Park has out done them in a way…

Great piece here! Agree with you, Tman. I have a few older LGB pieces. The detailing on this is superb. Wondering if it rolls.

Similar poses to the 1/35 scale Miniart kits ......

35366_art.jpg

most useful anywhere, including loading vehicles, with the troops working on resupply.

John

I used to think the G-scale trains from the German company Lehman Gross Bahn (LGB) were the standard for large scale model railroading… War Park has out done them in a way…

G scale (which stood for Garden scale, I believe) are, technically, a little too big (1/25 or 1/25) for 1/30 figures although I don’t know if anyone will notice the difference.

G scale (which stood for Garden scale, I believe) are, technically, a little too big (1/25 or 1/25) for 1/30 figures although I don’t know if anyone will notice the difference.

Oh yeah, I know it’s a bigger scale. My dad has a sizable G-scale collection that I played with a lot as a kid. I grew up enjoying highly detailed models and miniatures. The G-scale figures are definitely bigger, though some of the larger Thomas Gunn, K&C and TCS figures come pretty close, even though they’re marketed as 1/30 scale, lol

I've used 1 gauge Märklin trains and track which scale to 1:32. I'm unsure if the Warpark models fit on the 1.75" track.

Oh yeah, I know it’s a bigger scale. My dad has a sizable G-scale collection that I played with a lot as a kid. I grew up enjoying highly detailed models and miniatures. The G-scale figures are definitely bigger, though some of the larger Thomas Gunn, K&C and TCS figures come pretty close, even though they’re marketed as 1/30 scale, lol

Before this hobby I used to collect trains although O Scale, mostly Lionel and MTH. LGB makes some beautiful trains. A great hobby but it takes up a lot of room, which was the problem for me. Train shows are fun and always crowded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back