QSWOjyK.jpg

TgpnyJk.jpg

W9nW427.jpg

iaKbsQF.jpg

Vo3kpLk.jpg

5gfGXzp.jpg

6UZGyvW.jpg

Wayne.

Nearly fives ago a group of us here in Brisbane were lucky to be allowed access to Nudgee College to indulge the big kid in ourselves and create a series of large dioramas in 1/30 scale. Many of you may have seen pictures of the dioramas over the years since on the forum.
ANZAC Day is on Monday 25th so this Sunday 24th we are getting together again for the first time in many moons at mine.
We will have cucumber sandwiches, scones and tea, talk rubbish and TS, pay out on each other and have a blast.
In the process we may even decide to have fun again creating another large diorama or two, would love a large town set up which can cross over eras, have slowly worked on a few buildings which are now at the painting stage or near.
Anyway to go back to the past I thought members would like to see the following pictures of us creating those dioramas five years ago...

1MFg6US.jpg

TQHhMDR.jpg

IQ11OxN.jpg

4ptUrIH.jpg

hpGNzV7.jpg

xqszWf5.jpg

S6eOnEv.jpg

YaaRgRN.jpg

EaeO5uN.jpg

w549FDq.jpg

These pictures of the completed dio were taken by someone who knows their way around a camera which wasn't me....
:wink2:

4tGxs7f.jpg

Rt6iSL1.jpg

h0kRlGb.jpg

4ghl5cc.jpg

EcMTd5u.jpg

oqeKj1Q.jpg

JSbyaAZ.jpg

B9miMxg.jpg

gXsY3El.jpg

I remember many of these great scenes.

"Nearly fives ago a group of us here in Brisbane were lucky to be allowed access to Nudgee College to indulge the big kid in ourselves and create a series of large dioramas in 1/30 scale. Many of you may have seen pictures of the dioramas over the years since on the forum.
ANZAC Day is on Monday 25th so this Sunday 24th we are getting together again for the first time in many moons at mine.
We will have cucumber sandwiches, scones and tea, talk rubbish and TS, pay out on each other and have a blast.
In the process we may even decide to have fun again creating another large diorama or two, would love a large town set up which can cross over eras, have slowly worked on a few buildings which are now at the painting stage or near."

Sounds like a great time coming up. Except for the cucumber sandwiches and tea.
:smile2: Chris

I remember many of these great scenes.

"Nearly fives ago a group of us here in Brisbane were lucky to be allowed access to Nudgee College to indulge the big kid in ourselves and create a series of large dioramas in 1/30 scale. Many of you may have seen pictures of the dioramas over the years since on the forum.
In the process we may even decide to have fun again creating another large diorama or two, would love a large town set up which can cross over eras, have slowly worked on a few buildings which are now at the painting stage or near."

Sounds like a great time coming up. Except for the cucumber sandwiches and tea.
:smile2: Chris

Looking forward to it Chris, more like prawns & avocado and coffee with the odd rum or three...^&grin

All I can say is wow!!:salute:: Absolutely the best WWI diorama I have ever seen!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

The last effort was wonderful in detail and scope. I look forward to your next project(s).
Steve

Wayne,

How could I forget the diorama from 5 years ago? It was a tremendous work of art that you guys did!! Thank you so much for sharing these new pics. What a great way to honor those ANZAC's who served and made the ultimate sacrifice!!!

You guys from down under make some of the best contributions to this forum and I for one always look forward to seeing what you have to share.

Mark

This was simply a stunning diorama and a fitting tribute to the troops who fought in the Great War. Lest we forget.

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back