What Do You Consider A Good AFV Production Number ??? (1 Viewer)

PanzerAce1944

Colonel
With some mfg's producing very small numbers in their AFV production numbers and many complaining for varied
Reasons, what do you consider an ample,yet collectable production number. Obviously 100 is too low and in this
Economy anything north of 700 may be too high. What is "your" own opinion on this topic. ?
From my own personal view 300 to 500 produced per vehicle would be a happy medium for collector, manufacturer,
And the hobby. Not at all conclusive or the know all final answer. What is your view. ???

With some mfg's producing very small numbers in their AFV production numbers and many complaining for varied
Reasons, what do you consider an ample,yet collectable production number. Obviously 100 is too low and in this
Economy anything north of 700 may be too high. What is "your" own opinion on this topic. ?
From my own personal view 300 to 500 produced per vehicle would be a happy medium for collector, manufacturer,
And the hobby. Not at all conclusive or the know all final answer. What is your view. ???

Speaking just for myself, very low production number actually hurt the hobby. Some of us with limited budgets and hawk eyed wives need to plan when to buy. If the numbers are too low and the budget is also depleted, this collector misses out on an item. If the numbers are reasonable, in the range of 300, then one can project when to buy knowing that the item will still be available for a period of time. I realize that proprietors don't want to maintain hugh inventories but great items will eventually sell.

Speaking just for myself, very low production number actually hurt the hobby. Some of us with limited budgets and hawk eyed wives need to plan when to buy. If the numbers are too low and the budget is also depleted, this collector misses out on an item. If the numbers are reasonable, in the range of 300, then one can project when to buy knowing that the item will still be available for a period of time. I realize that proprietors don't want to maintain hugh inventories but great items will eventually sell.

I think you have made some very good points here. I stand by the fact that 100 of whatever is much too low
And gives very little reaction time for the collectors.

guess it depends upon how popular that AFV is estimated to be and how many collectors are out there at that time
many more hugely popular ones can be sold - maybe 500 or more possibly
whereas 100 -150 of the less popular ones seem about right

a ballpark figure, imho, would be around 300 also

also the production number from collector's point of view will be different from the manufacturer's view

I think you have made some very good points here. I stand by the fact that 100 of whatever is much too low
And gives very little reaction time for the collectors.

You know what reduces the reaction time for collectors ? People who buy up multiples of new releases to resell for a profit.

101 then i won't keep missing out on the last one.........................^&grin

You know what reduces the reaction time for collectors ? People who buy up multiples of new releases to resell for a profit.

Dude, Give it a rest. We've been through this topic before without good results.

250on the average would be a good number to use. It lowers the cost of the item as well.

I hate to even participate in this dull drumbeat, but honestly, it doesn't matter to me. While I like the lower production, harder to find items, at the end of the day, I make the same buying decision at the "moment of impact". I buy what I buy and live with it. If I change my mind later and it costs me more, well, that is life and was a consequence of my decision.

IF someone wants to speculate, more power to them, it is their money. Just be honest about it. I am.

TD

[/B]The answer is to do what the cottage industries do and produce it in house. When the master has been moulded you just pull it off the shelf and run it whenever a customer requests it ad infinitum. The cottage companies rarely retire an item and certainly don't go in for limited runs. Trooper[/B]

Brett, This is a K&C thread and you are a K&C dealer. Time to start conducting yourself as one, don't you think. ?
If you are a K&C dealer what concern is it of yours what goes on with another brand
The answer needed here is 300, 400, whatever. Lets put the immature remarks to rest.Are you capable to do that. ???
Just for your own knowledge I work a full time job again and have little time or desire for selling.That being said you will Have to find drama for your own needs elsewhere.

Last edited:
I hate to even participate in this dull drumbeat, but honestly, it doesn't matter to me. While I like the lower production, harder to find items, at the end of the day, I make the same buying decision at the "moment of impact". I buy what I buy and live with it. If I change my mind later and it costs me more, well, that is life and was a consequence of my decision.

IF someone wants to speculate, more power to them, it is their money. Just be honest about it. I am.

TD

Why a dull drumbeat? The question is collector input for production numbers for K&C. Don't need to worry what
other brands are doing. This is a K&C specific topic for conversation. Cherrio Matey. :wink2:

Dude, Give it a rest. We've been through this topic before without good results.

250on the average would be a good number to use. It lowers the cost of the item as well.

I agree, thank you. If K&C goes higher as they can sell more....no problem as it is their company and of course their decision. Only point I was making here was gone are the days of going past 800 vehicles.

It isn't though it is the same people digging up the same stuff over and over, it is getting old.

I agree, thank you. If K&C goes higher as they can sell more....no problem as it is their company and of course their decision. Only point I was making here was gone are the days of going past 800 vehicles.

I disagree with going past 800 vehicles. If a new hot item comes out, you can best best Andy is going to do a 1000 or more depending on how much he can sell.

The correct answer to this question is how much do I think I can sell is the number I should make. THis is an economics question that will all depend on timing, quality of model and what mode. it is. There is no correct production number to the consumer. It is a business issue for any manufacturer of any good.

The right number is what it is.

TD

Hi Guys,
As usual my good friend Tom Dubell “hit it on the head”… “A Good Production Number is … As many as I and our dealers can sell !!!”
Now, the hard part of the equation is guessing what that number might actually be.
As Tom so rightly says… “It is what it is”.
Adios for now… and best wishes,
Andy C. Neilson

Hi Guys,
As usual my good friend Tom Dubell “hit it on the head”… “A Good Production Number is … As many as I and our dealers can sell !!!”
Now, the hard part of the equation is guessing what that number might actually be.
As Tom so rightly says… “It is what it is”.
Adios for now… and best wishes,
Andy C. Neilson

Hello Andy, Well it is good news that the market sounds it as healthy as ever by your straight forward answer.
I have been a happy K&C fan for over 5 years now and look forward to the next 5 ......:salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back