What might be coming from Conte this year? (1 Viewer)

Here's a sneak peak of one of the new prototype Viking figures headed your way.............The Lt.

I'd have put the axe in his left hand as both his swords look like right hand draws. Oh well it's a fantasy figure.

I'd have put the axe in his left hand as both his swords look like right hand draws. Oh well it's a fantasy figure.

Ever dawn on you Scott that he may have drawn his sword with his right hand then switching his sword to his left hand then arming himself with the axe to use with his right to strike with it as seen in the photo.

Re: What a great pose & equipment

It looks to me as though the sword in scabbard on back is clearly a 'left hand draw" judging from the
angle. While you seem to find fantasy in every thing Conte does, I think this may be the best Viking figure I've seen from any company and he seems excellently dressed and armed. I think the Lt. is on the right track and would add that he appears to be using the sword for defense in lieu of a shield.
Apparently we are discussing which hand should hold which weapon as we clearly can't demean the animation and action . This pose is ominous and purposeful and I like it a bunch. {sm4}

Yes these are good figures. I know they've been on the drawing-board for a while. I seem to remember Richard writing about some incredible issues he had with the studio too. I'd very much like a Viking series as part of my collection. Is there any word on when these might come out?

Here's two more figures that will be joining the ranks of the Vikings........The Lt.

Ever dawn on you Scott that he may have drawn his sword with his right hand then switching his sword to his left hand then arming himself with the axe to use with his right to strike with it as seen in the photo.

It dawns on me that if one has to to come up with a "back story" to explain an odd pose...it's an odd pose.

It looks to me as though the sword in scabbard on back is clearly a 'left hand draw" judging from the
angle.

Not from my view.

While you seem to find fantasy in every thing Conte does, ....

Well I have pointed out examples of the Banzai charge Zouaves, Tacitus quotes, and women's clothing from some unknown century. Thanks for noticing.^&grin

I think this may be the best Viking figure I've seen from any company and he seems excellently dressed and armed. I think the Lt. is on the right track and would add that he appears to be using the sword for defense in lieu of a shield.
Apparently we are discussing which hand should hold which weapon as we clearly can't demean the animation and action . This pose is ominous and purposeful and I like it a bunch. {sm4}

I thought the figure was meant to be a Berserker, sans shield. The sculpting and animation look good, it's just strange if the figure is meant to have pulled a sword left handed from a left angled back scabbard As I replied to the Lt., a figure shouldn't need a back story to explain an noticeable eccentricity.

Here's another figure that'll be joining the ranks of the Vikings and Scott the back story provided did prove a point and I'm sure we'll not hear your last words on it...........The Lt.

Here's another figure that'll be joining the ranks of the Vikings and Scott the back story provided did prove a point and I'm sure we'll not hear your last words on it...........The Lt.

With all due respect Lt., I think you need a hobby. :wink2: :wink2::wink2:

I think this is the best one yet. Speaking of poses, it does puzzle me that that fellow holding the helm, appears to be fighting while holding the helm? I do like the helm shape though.

a figure shouldn't need a back story to explain an noticeable eccentricity.

I can live with minor debatable inaccuracies. My personal dislike is dreamt up items that manufacturers produce, where historical records exist to prove otherwise.

I think this is the best one yet. Speaking of poses, it does puzzle me that that fellow holding the helm, appears to be fighting while holding the helm? I do like the helm shape though.

I'll be accused Haper of telling aother back stoy but to me he's in place directing an attack........The Lt.

All are a welcome addition and look forward to getting them, these releases would seem to be a new range in the sense that it's not a direct continuation of the previous viking range? although i suppose they are similar in style to a few of the last releases.

Received the following from the House of Conte and sending it along.

Hi Joe

Here are a few sneak peeks of our new Valkyrie maiden. She will be a special edition sculpt joining our upcoming Vikings range
Hope you like!
Kind Regards
R

photoMA31186260-0001_zpse9a6c42a.jpg

photoMA31186261-0002_zps233e5ec7.jpg

photoMA31186262-0003_zps166a78b4.jpg

Your welcome Robin an joining the Valkyrie Maiden is a Viking Warrior that will be a member of a shield wall.

get-attachmentaspxMA31186345-0002_zps3094c73b.jpg

photoMA31186342-0005_zpsc286bb97.jpg

photoMA31186343-0004_zps297a8aad.jpg

get-attachmentaspxMA31186346-0001_zps429eb9de.jpg

One range I've been on the look out for is a Viking one. I'm keen to see what comes along here. I'm not sure my wife will be so keen on me having that 'maiden' though!

One range I've been on the look out for is a Viking one. I'm keen to see what comes along here. I'm not sure my wife will be so keen on me having that 'maiden' though!

A woman tougher than the men she hangs around with and used to getting her own way when they prove to be weak and easily controlled.

She might want a couple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back