What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

Louis; that diorama is awesome, can you give us more information on it please...………..

George,

The diorama was sold on ebay by a UK seller going by the name "nickastral". The entire item description was "25mm 8 Wargame Figures, Command Franco/Prussian War, Well Painted Diorama." I looked at his feedback, and he sells quite a bit of 25mm war gaming figures and related dioramas. I checked, but he presently does not have anything else for sale. I paid 60 British Pounds for the diorama, which I thought was very reasonable.

Hope this helps,

Louis

George,

The diorama was sold on ebay by a UK seller going by the name "nickastral". The entire item description was "25mm 8 Wargame Figures, Command Franco/Prussian War, Well Painted Diorama." I looked at his feedback, and he sells quite a bit of 25mm war gaming figures and related dioramas. I checked, but he presently does not have anything else for sale. I paid 60 British Pounds for the diorama, which I thought was very reasonable.

Hope this helps,

Louis

Thanks so much Louis, I will reach out to him to see if he can do something similar for me; 60.00 pounds is extremely reasonable, he did great job with the painting and basing, congrats...……...

I have been too busy to join on the forum lately but I did buy a Thomas Gunn Mat for the K@C Val and Wow I am impressed. It is better than I expected.
None of the usual suspects had one so I snagged it off of Ebay. I'll add one or two of the deck figures when I can pick em up a bit cheaper and its a nice small diorama.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 531
Thanks so much Louis, I will reach out to him to see if he can do something similar for me; 60.00 pounds is extremely reasonable, he did great job with the painting and basing, congrats...……...

The diorama arrived today. Here are some photos. The backdrop is a photograph sized 19th Century Postcard depicting Zouaves and Spahis:

Attachments

• Chicago Photos 11.jpg
    Chicago Photos 11.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 563
  • Chicago Photos 10.jpg
    Chicago Photos 10.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 544
  • Chicago Photos 9.jpg
    Chicago Photos 9.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 533
  • Chicago Photos 8.jpg
    Chicago Photos 8.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 544
Obviously my previous attempt to post was "up the down staircase", so will try again to conform. Certainly would not want to be seen as non-P.C.
For the purist W. Britains collector; was very fortunate in a successful bid at last week’s OTS auction on a lorry I’ve been looking to acquire for over 40 years. Wife was in disbelief on the length of the quest (suspected rationalization) until I produced a worn hand written wish list from the early ‘70s. In the past nineteen years (to my knowledge) only ten of this specific post WWII round-nose configuration (only 1946–1948) have appeared on the auction scene. Obviously that why it has made James Opie’s top 100 list with a rarity index of 80 in a boxed set. Particularly in this condition (well cared for).
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

2181_1.jpg

Obviously my previous attempt to post was "up the down staircase", so will try again to conform. Certainly would not want to be seen as non-P.C.
For the purist W. Britains collector; was very fortunate in a successful bid at last week’s OTS auction on a lorry I’ve been looking to acquire for over 40 years. Wife was in disbelief on the length of the quest (suspected rationalization) until I produced a worn hand written wish list from the early ‘70s. In the past nineteen years (to my knowledge) only ten of this specific post WWII round-nose configuration (only 1946–1948) have appeared on the auction scene. Obviously that why it has made James Opie’s top 100 list with a rarity index of 80 in a boxed set. Particularly in this condition (well cared for).
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

View attachment 254413

Congratulations Jim. Happy you found a white whale.

Hi All,
These have just arrived from Down Under.....again John going the extra mile to get the sets perfect.......historically on the spot...:salute::{sm4}:salute::
At this rate will have a great Northwestern and Boer War campaign sereis......to rival a museum.....How to explian these Imperial troops in a tropical environment, whose past is linked to a different Imperial power is a daily challange......
Hope you like....as much as I am enjoying.
Cheers
A_C

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0099 (002).JPG
    IMG_0099 (002).JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 537
Hi All,
These have just arrived from Down Under.....again John going the extra mile to get the sets perfect.......historically on the spot...:salute::{sm4}:salute::
At this rate will have a great Northwestern and Boer War campaign sereis......to rival a museum.....How to explian these Imperial troops in a tropical environment, whose past is linked to a different Imperial power is a daily challange......
Hope you like....as much as I am enjoying.:cool:
Cheers

Attachments

• 11BlackWatch.jpg
    11BlackWatch.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 5more (1).jpg
    5more (1).jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 562
  • ammo boxes (002).jpg
    ammo boxes (002).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 539
  • wagons (002).jpg
    wagons (002).jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 550
Hi All,
Hope you like....as much as I am enjoying.:cool:
Cheers

Luiz,

your forgot to add these 4 Scots :)

John

4 BW handlers.jpg

Hi John,
Thanks! That is true..my oversight..
These are great Scots marching with the Lee Metfords slung to the solder...one of a kind group that I look forward we will have more...at least another 8 or so, by my count:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
Cheers
Luiz

Luiz,

your forgot to add these 4 Scots :)

John

View attachment 254544

The diorama arrived today. Here are some photos. The backdrop is a photograph sized 19th Century Postcard depicting Zouaves and Spahis:

That is the French Command set from the Foundry Miniature Franco-Prussian Range. Very nicely painted and arranged.

it is, coincidently, on my painting table at the moment...

Dragon 1/35 Morser "Loki" and crew

cbeYh6i.jpg

tShzXuZ.jpg

Tradition Early WWI Armored Car "Minerva" with Belgian Crew:

Attachments

• Belgian Armored Car 3.jpg
    Belgian Armored Car 3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Belgian Armored Car 2.jpg
    Belgian Armored Car 2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 552
A few more of the customized WWI French Dimestore troops arrived, and are on display with the Staff Car and Trench Diorama:

Attachments

• Dimestore French in Situ 6.jpg
    Dimestore French in Situ 6.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 510
  • Dimestore French in Situ 7.jpg
    Dimestore French in Situ 7.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 460
Desert RAF

K&C RAF039 Curtiss P-40C Tomahawk IIb, Neville Duke
K&C RAF050 Desert Erks
K&C PM027 Westcoaster 2011 Dinner Figurine

In the pipeline the desert Bantam Jeep from TGM
DSCF7295.JPG

Hi All,

I just came back from a nice trip to Portugal/Spain and bought these two figures. A Visigoth and Murat (del Prado).
There were a lot of unknown Spanish painted toy soldiers for sale but I had only so much luggage space.....

Rgds
Victor

a.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpga5.jpg

Been a bit busy lately. Here's whats arrived in the last month. John Jenkins WW 1 French and Armhem building by JG and K&C beford truck with two FOB Figs

Attachments

• IMG_3704.JPG
    IMG_3704.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_3705.JPG
    IMG_3705.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_3703.JPG
    IMG_3703.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 406

Users who are viewing this thread

Back