Whats your favorite Forces of Valor Sherman 1:32 scale (1 Viewer)

Platoon-Leader

Private
Whats your favorite sherman from FOV? Im thinking of purchasing one. I would like to get opinions. Pictures would be nice! Thanks!

So far i like these two.... Forces of Valor #80235 U.S. M4A3 Sherman - Normandy, 1944 D-Day & 1:32 Forces of Valor 81407 U.K. M4A3 Sherman - Italy

Is there a difference between the first pictured sherman d-day and Enthusiast edition? Ive notice the box is different

UM-80235_01_lrg.jpg

FOV81407.jpg

DSCN1321.JPG Steel Wheels presents "Steel Wheels", this original FOV Normandy M4 can still be found on e-bay, and with a little weathering, and lettering, these are great to customize. Steel wheels wqs the name of the Sherman, that my uncle commanded during the war. This was made in his honor. I actually have more photo's of this tank in the thread FOV CLASSICS.

View attachment 85371 Steel Wheels presents "Steel Wheels", this original FOV Normandy M4 can still be found on e-bay, and with a little weathering, and lettering, these are great to customize. Steel wheels wqs the name of the Sherman, that my uncle commanded during the war. This was made in his honor.

Nice! I actually just purchased the original M4 Sherman #81007 on ebay with the weathered effect paint! Im really excited since this is my first FOV diecast!

Whats your favorite sherman from FOV? Im thinking of purchasing one. I would like to get opinions. Pictures would be nice! Thanks!

So far i like these two.... Forces of Valor #80235 U.S. M4A3 Sherman - Normandy, 1944 D-Day & 1:32 Forces of Valor 81407 U.K. M4A3 Sherman - Italy

I own exactly these two models and I like them too.

I don't have a particular "favorite". For a Sherman fan the FoV tank has issues that need to be addressed, but they aren't quite as bad as the 21C M4 (which has mutated driver's hatches!). I still wish that FoV used a plastic hull versus diecast. The heft may be nice but it's a royal pain to cut and grind that cast metal.

I DO like the extra figures that come with the "Normandy" Sherman. I just wish the guys weren't cast wearing Ranger assault vests.

Gary B.

It would be nice If FOV would develop another Sherman such as the M4A1 welded hull version. The current one has run its course with several repaints.

I liked the First edition that had a lighter green coloration. I recall using one the figures from their first Jeep set (the guy firing the heavy MG) by placing him on that Sherman firing the 50 cal MG, like the famous rescue scene in Band of Brothers.

I liked the First edition that had a lighter green coloration. I recall using one the figures from their first Jeep set (the guy firing the heavy MG) by placing him on that Sherman firing the 50 cal MG, like the famous rescue scene in Band of Brothers.

Are you talking about the Normandy enthusiast edition? With the dirty field look?

Good find. Btw when FOV first appeared their sets rekindled my earlier interest in Toy Soldiers which goes back over 30 years when I used to collect the Britains Deetail range and other plastic figs.

Nice. I first heard of forces of valor this year and wish knew about them earlier.

Good find. Btw when FOV first appeared their sets rekindled my earlier interest in Toy Soldiers which goes back over 30 years when I used to collect the Britains Deetail range and other plastic figs.

Me too. As a kid I was into plastic Airfix, Corgi, Tamiya models, and Britains Deetail and then nothing for 25 years until FOV came onto the scene and reignited my interest. I remember thinking how incredibly detailed and affordable these pieces were ( especially the first few editions ). I had a couple of those D-Day Shermans and many other pieces but my collecting habit has since moved on to the polystone world...............however with prices the way they are in polystone world these metal and plastic FOV releases are looking attractive again....to bad the figures suck. :p

Me too. As a kid I was into plastic Airfix, Corgi, Tamiya models, and Britains Deetail and then nothing for 25 years until FOV came onto the scene and reignited my interest. I remember thinking how incredibly detailed and affordable these pieces were ( especially the first few editions ). I had a couple of those D-Day Shermans and many other pieces but my collecting habit has since moved on to the polystone world...............however with prices the way they are in polystone world these metal and plastic FOV releases are looking attractive again....to bad the figures suck. :p

I also moved from FOV to King & Country because they offered better value with a tank and crew of metal figs for around US $89. After K & C sets increased in price I decided to narrow my collecting focus and sold off most of my sets, only have Aussie K & C sets remaining, and I no longer have any FOV sets apart from some dio gear such as sandbags etc.

What year was forces of valor releasing the diecast metal? was it thru 2003?

FOV stuff is fantastic...sometimes I wonder why I spend so much money on the other manufacturers products. BSP is currently doing heavy modifications on many of our FOV pieces, lets see how they look when we film them. We are even installing new hinges and grab handles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back