Whats your favorite Forces of Valor Sherman 1:32 scale (2 Viewers)

Im have always maintained, that with a little custom detailing, these FOV tanks can look great. I actually think on a diorama they look better than some of my K&C pieces, because the tracks are flexible and contour to the terrain, giving it a much better realistic look then the stiff tracks of the expensive k&C models. I'm about priced out of the polystone market, as tanks are rapidly becoming $200 and up. If FOV can increase their inventory of offerings, they could do well with the market being so expensive for alternatives that are available.

Im have always maintained, that with a little custom detailing, these FOV tanks can look great. I actually think on a diorama they look better than some of my K&C pieces, because the tracks are flexible and contour to the terrain, giving it a much better realistic look then the stiff tracks of the expensive k&C models. I'm about priced out of the polystone market, as tanks are rapidly becoming $200 and up. If FOV can increase their inventory of offerings, they could do well with the market being so expensive for alternatives that are available.

We are changing the theme of this thread a bit, but I think this is an important message. My BSP partner Nick was always a FOV fan and I used to goof on him. But the way prices are with other stuff out there I am begining to think he is right. He is the one who is currently doing heavy modification on FOV and the results are WOW!.

We all know FOV soldiers suck, we also have a large inventory of Frontline Figures, which are not the best either, but they match well with FOV. We are stripping the Frontline figures and doing total repaints....what a difference......Then we are actually sprinkling in some First (EXPENSIVE) Legion figures which also fit well. So the money saved on FOV vehicles and Frontline Figures more than pays for an occsaional FL figure.

We are just starting to develop scenes with this theory ( Many will argue we are crazy ) so let the camera tell the story.

OH I think the ELEPHANT is my favorite FOV piece. Alex

SOME OLD FOV FAVORITES

Picture024M900.jpg

CTS-1-2.jpg

Nickshot.jpg

FOV stuff is fantastic...sometimes I wonder why I spend so much money on the other manufacturers products. BSP is currently doing heavy modifications on many of our FOV pieces, lets see how they look when we film them. We are even installing new hinges and grab handles.

What does BSP stand for?

I think The Crusader is one of the very best, however, most of the tanks are well done. I an interrested as to why Alex thinks The Elephant is his favorite as it seemed like mostly plastic to me with not much weight . Also, the gun on mine does not seem stable. It does, however, have good detail. Regards, Larry.

I an interrested as to why Alex thinks The Elephant is his favorite as it seemed like mostly plastic to me with not much weight . Larry.

I don't know exactly.....It just looks good. When I get done weathering and detailing them plastic or metal the end result is most enjoyable to me. I am paying much more attention to my FOV collection as prices of the other manufacturers products rise.

Actually with detail and weathering to me they look as good as any. Alex

I liked there jagdpanther the best , just let down by lack of figures

Me too. As a kid I was into plastic Airfix, Corgi, Tamiya models, and Britains Deetail and then nothing for 25 years until FOV came onto the scene and reignited my interest. I remember thinking how incredibly detailed and affordable these pieces were ( especially the first few editions ). I had a couple of those D-Day Shermans and many other pieces but my collecting habit has since moved on to the polystone world...............however with prices the way they are in polystone world these metal and plastic FOV releases are looking attractive again....to bad the figures suck. :p

Yeah, I'd have to agree mate, FOV helped reignite my interest too after a long down period from the hobbie. Then I discovered metal figures such as Britains, Conte and now K&C and my interest in FOV dropped off some what.......not producing decent accompaning figures didn't help either.{sm2}

However with K&C's prices heading sky-would, especially their tanks ($200+), I have to say I'm looking at FOV again. They are very good vehicles, you just can't use em with the likes of K&C figures. I've found they do go well with Conte WW2 figures though and have been having some fun with those lately{sm4}

Cheers Toddy

My favorite would have to be all 3 T-34's released. Can't wait for the new one to be released!

Sorry for the crappy picture!
2012-04-06_00.40.36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back