Who was your first ?? (1 Viewer)

wayne556517

Lieutenant General
That got you hooked on King and Country.

Her is mine WS059 Jagdpanther.

000_4381.jpg

000_4382.jpg

(Different crew but it was the Jagdpanther i liked at first site ^&grin,pictures optional)

My first K&C purchase was the wrecked StuG III. I had seen ads for King & Country but there aren't any toy soldier shops in my area, so I never got to see the items until I went on a business trip. While in Charleston, SC we went through the market and stopped at Toy Soldiers of Charleston where there was a whole display case full of K&C items. I bought the Stug because it was affordable and I thought it would support other items I was working on. I didn't realize that the size wasn't fully compatable until I got it home. I still plan to put it in a scene with some US paratroopers.

Gary B.

An interesting question that I can't answer with absolute certainty. When I first took the KC plunge years ago, I purchased 3 items very close together in time. These were 3 tanks, WS023 (Panther in Ambush camo), WS023A (Panther in summer camo), and WS025 (Tiger I, white 131). These were all purchased within a two week span, the Panthers in Gettysburg and the Tiger at the fall Annapolis Toy Soldier Show. I do not remember which was first, although I think it was the Tiger, given my addiction to the Tiger I.:wink2: At any rate, the Tiger is the only one of the three I still have, so I will claim it is the first KC piece I purchased. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:smile2: -- Al

My first K&C (UK) purchase in 1999 - 3 sets and a diorama piece. DD2, DD4, DD13 and NV6. The jeep, trailer and 2 figures were £59.95 (probably about the same in dollars too!)

DSCN1268.jpg

These were closely followed by a few more D Day sets, the IWJ6 Flag Raising set and then the winter Stalingrad series........

This one was mine:

Attachments

• comparison of K&C and Britains 006.jpg
    comparison of K&C and Britains 006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 187
utf-8BRUEwMDkoTCkuanBn.jpg

This was my 1st set & it was the only one I was ever gona buy as the Bren Gunner in Africa represented my Grandad in the war! That was until I opened the box & realised just how good K&C & matte figures are! It didn't take me long to order the Crusader Tank & ton of other Eighth Army sets, which soon became Fields of Battle & D-Day British sets & when the RAF series came along that to! K&C is very addictive!!!

Craig

My first King& Country set was the WS063 "The Defenders" back in 2007. To say that I was pleased with this first purchase is an understatement .

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKi8E6(qZ4YcOBOr0)3INKw~~60_12.jpeg
    $(KGrHqEOKi8E6(qZ4YcOBOr0)3INKw~~60_12.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 174
Being born on Flag Day. This was my first.

Attachments

• IWJ019.jpg
    IWJ019.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 175
My first was WS043.

Attachments

• 102_8336-1.JPG
    102_8336-1.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 102_8255-1.JPG
    102_8255-1.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 183
Humphrey Bogart General Lee Tank.. I grew up a big Sahara movie fanboy....Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back