William Grant's Military Collection (1 Viewer)

Several years ago I found the Grant's 'Edinburgh Castle Military Collection' Edinburgh Castle display base.
As I am not an avid collector of toy soldiers I would be able to part with it, but am rather ignorant of its value, though I gather it is scarce.
I would assume eBay would be the most obvious option.
It measures approx. 6" x 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" and weighs approx. 1.8 kilos.
It is in very nice condition, overall, but has a small chip on the rear battlement.

I also have to admit I do not know what it is worth, though I am interested. If you put it on eBay ad PM me or post a link, I will bid^&grin!
Thank you,
Sandor

I need one and would gladly buy it, but do not know the value either. Can you post a pic and link to the auction?
Thanks
Tom

Hi There,

I have seen a bunch of these on ebay in recent months so you should have no problems getting the figures. The castle is another story. I havent seen one in a mighty long time so good luck hunting that one down. As for the story that they were made by Britains I have heard that as well but have yet to confirm it with anyone who might be in the know on it. Still great idea for a promo if you ask me. I wish Jamisons would do this for the Irish Regiments...

Dave
I liked your post but doubt that it will ever happen. The Irish regiments that I believe you are referring to, regiments like the Royal Munster Fusiliers, the Connaughts, the Inniskilings and so on were disbanded after 1921. Although recruited in Ireland they were part of the British army.

Hi Dan,

I was referring to several of the regiments you mentioned. I would like to see WBritians take some time and revisit the older units from The British Army. It would be great to see them in Gloss as part of the Red Coats line but even some matte figures from Regiments that were in the Napoleonic Wars or Glossy figures to support the Crimean line. Of course I doubt that we will see a lot of these made since the focus seems to be ACW and a few other eras right now. Maybe someday.

Dave

Hello Fellow collectors. I came across your toy soldier forum while looking for information on the “William Grant’s Military Collection.” I have the CASTLE, but can’t find any information on the value of it. Any help would be appreciated, please and thanks.

Ken

Attachments

• castle2.jpg
    castle2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 217
  • castle1.jpg
    castle1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 204
Hello Fellow collectors. I came across your toy soldier forum while looking for information on the “William Grant’s Military Collection.” I have the CASTLE, but can’t find any information on the value of it. Any help would be appreciated, please and thanks.

Ken

I am a late comer to forum. I have all Wm. Grant figures. Castle is valued at what someone would pay for it. I would pay $200.00 for mint condition. Your castle appears to have 3-4 small chips for which I would pay $170.00. Is it available for sale? Tony A. 1-561-439-4900

All present and accounted for !

W grant A cropped.jpg

Finally got the last three figures for this set (actually the first three in the set ).

Got them on Ebay while vacationing in southern US so reasonable price when shipped to US address .

I just noticed I started this thread and my search six years ago less one day ago !

I guess the fun is in the hunt

Kirk

View attachment 190184

Finally got the last three figures for this set (actually the first three in the set ).

Got them on Ebay while vacationing in southern US so reasonable price when shipped to US address .

I just noticed I started this thread and my search six years ago less one day ago !

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Well done! Six years is a good time.

I have reached the stage now that all I do is give myself "tasks" to complete obscure sets. For example, took me nearly 4 years to get ALL of the Corgi Forward March figures. There are some exceptional figures in that set (a few "duds" too)

I have "done" a number of the Franklin Mint sets. But, wow, as I dig around, I keep discovering the huge array of stuff that they did. Some of it only sold in Europe, or the UK.And with some sets numbering 100figures, it can be a big, and long, and expensive, task.

I found completing the Grant's set relatively easy, except for the Castle!! Which I still haven't got. Indeed, I have never seen it up for sale anywhere!....I know,... Keep Looking!

Keeps me off the streets!

Regards,

Bob

View attachment 190184

Kirk
The fun has always been the people and the hunt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back